1,098 posts
Thanks Meter: 781

By xrad, Senior Member on 23rd April 2015, 12:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th April 2015, 07:00 PM |#21  
Flag Kerala
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Great idea. But unfortunately, not working for me. Running 5.1 on my xperia m.

24th April 2015, 08:09 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh_m

Great idea. But unfortunately, not working for me. Running 5.1 on my xperia m.

What exactly isn't working? You should try out the individual features step by step to give a more detailed report on what is and isn't working.
24th April 2015, 11:14 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
nice app, was looking long time for this.

2 things:
- is it normal it flashes a white screen before showing the lockscreen?
- maybe you can add a search field at the app selection screen.
25th April 2015, 12:08 AM |#24  
Flag Przemysl
Thanks Meter: 226

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrad

What exactly isn't working? You should try out the individual features step by step to give a more detailed report on what is and isn't working.

I also installed it on android 5.1. And after sending test notification nothing happens. By that I mean screen doesn't turn on after notification appears (I can see it after turning screen on manualy). I've granted acces to notifications for Glimpse Notifications, it shows it's ok but it won't work.
25th April 2015, 07:21 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks0r

nice app, was looking long time for this.

2 things:
- is it normal it flashes a white screen before showing the lockscreen?
- maybe you can add a search field at the app selection screen.

Yes, for now that's normal. I have that already top of my list. Interesting idea about the search field. Prioritywise though I'll probably first allow to switch the white list to black list.
25th April 2015, 07:22 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krygo

I also installed it on android 5.1. And after sending test notification nothing happens. By that I mean screen doesn't turn on after notification appears (I can see it after turning screen on manualy). I've granted acces to notifications for Glimpse Notifications, it shows it's ok but it won't work.

Note that with the lastest version the test notification is also subject to the other filters like pocket mode and quiet time. So if those are enabled they maybe blocking the notification to be shown.
25th April 2015, 08:15 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 247

More
Also left a 5 star report on Play Store

This app is topnotch and ads a most wanted feature to LP for me:thumbup:
Its golden

Thnx and cheers.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Sgace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sgace Ad-Free
25th April 2015, 08:16 AM |#28  
Flag Teesside
Thanks Meter: 248

More
On my stock lollipop moto g , the screen is still lighting even with proximity sensor covered and not lighting on uncovering. :-\
25th April 2015, 09:12 AM |#29  
Flag Przemysl
Thanks Meter: 226

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrad

Note that with the lastest version the test notification is also subject to the other filters like pocket mode and quiet time. So if those are enabled they maybe blocking the notification to be shown.

Both are turned off. I have also tried to add GN to whitelist and it didn't help. Other apps also don't trigger GN, screen doesn't turn on.
25th April 2015, 09:37 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 247

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krygo

Both are turned off. I have also tried to add GN to whitelist and it didn't help. Other apps also don't trigger GN, screen doesn't turn on.

@xrad :maybe your app needs devicemanager permission(or whatever it is called) to turn on/off the screen on some devices. Almost all lockscreen notification apps (eg Notific) use this i believe.

Cheers

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
25th April 2015, 10:58 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgace

@xrad :maybe your app needs devicemanager permission(or whatever it is called) to turn on/off the screen on some devices. Almost all lockscreen notification apps (eg Notific) use this i believe.

Yeah, you need that to turn the screen off. But I don't ever turn it off - only on, and for that you need no special permission. Right now I'm starting a dummy activity that kills itself right away. But that's enough to turn on the screen and to let the keyguard automatically take over. I'm currently looking into ways to start the keyguard directly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)