Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2015, 10:58 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
The Internet
Thanks Meter: 783

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgace

@xrad :maybe your app needs devicemanager permission(or whatever it is called) to turn on/off the screen on some devices. Almost all lockscreen notification apps (eg Notific) use this i believe.

Yeah, you need that to turn the screen off. But I don't ever turn it off - only on, and for that you need no special permission. Right now I'm starting a dummy activity that kills itself right away. But that's enough to turn on the screen and to let the keyguard automatically take over. I'm currently looking into ways to start the keyguard directly.

25th April 2015, 11:59 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 251

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrad

Yeah, you need that to turn the screen off. But I don't ever turn it off - only on, and for that you need no special permission. Right now I'm starting a dummy activity that kills itself right away. But that's enough to turn on the screen and to let the keyguard automatically take over. I'm currently looking into ways to start the keyguard directly.

Yeah, my bad. You're right.

I wish you good luck, hope you can make it work the way you want.

Cheers

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
25th April 2015, 02:26 PM |#33  
Flag Kerala
Thanks Meter: 286

More
Quote:

What exactly isn't working? You should try out the individual features step by step to give a more detailed report on what is and isn't working.

The main functionality of this app,ie, screen isn't turning on when I get notifications. Even the test notification doesn't turn on my screen.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by krygo

I also installed it on android 5.1. And after sending test notification nothing happens. By that I mean screen doesn't turn on after notification appears (I can see it after turning screen on manualy). I've granted acces to notifications for Glimpse Notifications, it shows it's ok but it won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krygo

Both are turned off. I have also tried to add GN to whitelist and it didn't help. Other apps also don't trigger GN, screen doesn't turn on.

Same problem for me. I guess the problem is with 5.1. I am also running android 5.1
25th April 2015, 03:51 PM |#34  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 250

More
I'm on 5.0.1 with Samsung note 4. The test notification worked fine but other notifications don't light the lock screen up.

Edit: Just noticed in the app that all the way at the bottom you need to select the apps that your want GN to show notifications on lock screen.

Edit 2: @xrad Works fine when the selected apps receive notifications but when phone isn't locked and being used, I.e. browsing, using an app, the screen flashes and you can't pull down the notification bar unless you lock the screen again. Shame really but I got you can fix this

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th April 2015, 04:38 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Is this like the Ambient Display feature from CM? Just wondering because it seems like a great idea but I have an option similar in my CM ROM and I'm a bit confused.
25th April 2015, 04:52 PM |#36  
Flag Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 6,598

Donate to Me
More
same issue on my t mobile s6 edge; the entire home screen opens up, the only notification I get is in my task bar, not an actual "pop up"..

samsung is always a PITA!!!

EDIT: NM, I got it to work!!

Thanks for bringing this out;
25th April 2015, 04:52 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Awesome I have been waiting for something like this!

There is one thing that I'm missing right now. When the device is lying face up on the table and a notification arrives it should start polling the gyroscope (and proximity sensor of course ) for a predefined time so the screen turns on when you pick the device up. After that time the sensors stop polling so the battery won't be drained.
Basically like the Peek app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...edga.peek.free) already does, but without that Peek screen. The stock lockscreen notifications are just fine for me.

It would be so awesome if you could add that
25th April 2015, 04:53 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
By the way, can confirm that indeed doesn't work in 5.1.1 (CM12.1).
25th April 2015, 05:14 PM |#39  
Flag houilles
Thanks Meter: 161

Donate to Me
More
I've given access to notifications, enabled Glimpse Notifications and checked all Apps in the list. Pocket Mode and Quiet time disabled. When receiving any notification (even the test one) nothing happens, am I missing something
I'm using Xperia Z1C with 5.0.2
BTW I was using Screen notifications before and wanted to test this one. I've uninstalled Screen notifications before trying.

Edit : all is working fine before enabling pocket detection
25th April 2015, 05:36 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Cool app and working good on mine I will rate 5
25th April 2015, 05:37 PM |#41  
Flag Central City
Thanks Meter: 405

More
Unhappy
Quote:

Using Android Lollipop's lock screen notifications?
Tired of having to press the power button to see them?
Then this app is for you!

Introducing the all new efficiency app Glimpse Notifications:
Glimpse Notification Banner

This all new app fills a whole in Android Lollipop's lock screen notification system. It's nice, it's shiny, but you always need to push that damn power button. This app does it for you, and also respects quiet times and whether or not your device is in your pocket.

At the same time the app is completely for free and without ads!

Download now and enjoy:
Google Play Store
Directly download APK

This is an awesome app!! But doesnt work on TouchWiz!!! WHat to do??
The Following User Says Thank You to jawzf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jawzf Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)