Thanks Meter: 783

By xrad, Senior Member on 23rd April 2015, 12:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th April 2018, 04:56 PM |#511  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
For those who don't follow G+, there's a new beta online.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xrad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xrad Ad-Free

28th June 2018, 06:43 PM |#512  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The delay screen on feature doesn't seem to work with my WhatsApp. Screen turns on almost immediately and cuts off the notification sound. Doesn't happen with other notification s.
29th June 2018, 10:01 PM |#513  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulkw

The delay screen on feature doesn't seem to work with my WhatsApp. Screen turns on almost immediately and cuts off the notification sound. Doesn't happen with other notification s.

Strange. Please enable logging, reproduce and email me the result log!
30th June 2018, 01:39 AM |#514  
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrad

Strange. Please enable logging, reproduce and email me the result log!

Hey...

Got a LG Q6 to test GN with :P
I'll report back in G+ or here if I find something wrong.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to CygnusBlack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CygnusBlack Ad-Free
30th June 2018, 02:44 PM |#515  

More
@xrad

A question.

When the phone is on "mute" and not on Do Not Disturb, notifications won't show up.
GN is set to go along with Do Not Disturb configuration.

Is there a way for GN to differentiate both modes, so that notifications will still work when on mute?

Thanks!
30th June 2018, 03:33 PM |#516  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusBlack

@xrad

A question.

When the phone is on "mute" and not on Do Not Disturb, notifications won't show up.
GN is set to go along with Do Not Disturb configuration.

Is there a way for GN to differentiate both modes, so that notifications will still work when on mute?

Thanks!

I don't know off the top of my head, I will need to check it when I have some time.
The Following User Says Thank You to xrad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xrad Ad-Free
30th June 2018, 03:41 PM |#517  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrad

I don't know off the top of my head, I will need to check it when I have some time.

Drop me a line if you need logs, albeit it's an "in your face" behavior.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to CygnusBlack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CygnusBlack Ad-Free
30th June 2018, 10:43 PM |#518  

More
@xrad

Reporting.
The screen-on timer, when repeating the notification, seldom obeys to the selected seconds.
I have selected 3 seconds (from screen on to off). Most of the times, the screens stays on for more than that (around 10s).
The same happens with less or more time selected.

Thanks!
1st July 2018, 05:17 AM |#519  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:

@xrad

Reporting.
The screen-on timer, when repeating the notification, seldom obeys to the selected seconds.
I have selected 3 seconds (from screen on to off). Most of the times, the screens stays on for more than that (around 10s).
The same happens with less or more time selected.

Thanks!

Note that physically turning off the screen is not possible in Android (by design) so I need some kind of work around which involves showing a black screen until the screen actually turns off.

If the screen really stays fully visible for more than the selected time, please do create a log reproducing this and email it to me.
1st July 2018, 10:10 AM |#520  

More
Oh...I thought that, using a quicker screen-on timer would save me some battery. Since it's not an AMOLED display, showing a black screen still engages backlight, which is the battery drainer.
The damn phone doesn't have a LED to make the user aware of missed messages, calls or even if the battery is depleted or charging...boy I do know how to pick them!
2nd July 2018, 07:36 AM |#521  
OP Senior Member
The Internet

More
Quote:

Oh...I thought that, using a quicker screen-on timer would save me some battery. Since it's not an AMOLED display, showing a black screen still engages backlight, which is the battery drainer.
The damn phone doesn't have a LED to make the user aware of missed messages, calls or even if the battery is depleted or charging...boy I do know how to pick them!

Well it probably will save you some battery, because usually the GN triggered screen off will be quicker than the system default. And I agree, it does work better with Amoled.
In case you're interested in some tech details, read this. Don't bother to comment though, Google staff has made it quite clear they don't want a proper "screen off" API because of DoS apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to xrad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xrad Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)