[APP] Glimpse Notifications

Search This thread

justwondering

Nov 18, 2010
I just received my s24 ultra and I have tried just about every trick in the book, including Samsung FAQ, trying all the different settings and I cannot get notifications to pop up when my screen is off. Any suggestions? FYI I used this for years with my s21 ultra and it worked perfectly.
Also check the notification options within the phone options.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240128_081703_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20240128_081703_Settings.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: xrad

justwondering

Nov 18, 2010
I just received my s24 ultra and I have tried just about every trick in the book, including Samsung FAQ, trying all the different settings and I cannot get notifications to pop up when my screen is off. Any suggestions? FYI I used this for years with my s21 ultra and it worked perfectly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240128_082021_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20240128_082021_Settings.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: xrad

larryk

Jun 19, 2011
Pahrump, NV
I have a new Galaxy S24 Ultra, and I am trying to use Glimpse to not allow my screen to wake up.. I actually never want my screen to wake up from the AOD screen on a notification, I use edge lighting and aodnotify and everything works perfectly, except when I receive a notification from Bluemail. Every time I get an email, the screen wakes up to the lock screen, and then back to the AOD. Every other app that send notifications works just fine (not waking up the screen). Is there a way with Glimpse to make this work?

xrad

Jul 3, 2012
The Internet
I have a new Galaxy S24 Ultra, and I am trying to use Glimpse to not allow my screen to wake up.. I actually never want my screen to wake up from the AOD screen on a notification, I use edge lighting and aodnotify and everything works perfectly, except when I receive a notification from Bluemail. Every time I get an email, the screen wakes up to the lock screen, and then back to the AOD. Every other app that send notifications works just fine (not waking up the screen). Is there a way with Glimpse to make this work?
I'm not quite following. Glimpse Notifications is there to show the lockscreen when there are new notifications. If you don't want that, you should not use Glimpse (and disable Samsungs own screen activation feature.)

larryk

Jun 19, 2011
Pahrump, NV
I'm not quite following. Glimpse Notifications is there to show the lockscreen when there are new notifications. If you don't want that, you should not use Glimpse (and disable Samsungs own screen activation feature.)
Well, I guess that I can not find Samsung's own feature, as it works perfectly for all apps except one, and there is nothing in that app to stop it. I swear that I read a few posts somewhere that people used glimpse to stop the wake up.

xrad

Jul 3, 2012
The Internet
Hm, interesting. I'm not aware of this "feature" and I actually would not know how to achieve that. Usually I get reports of the exact opposite issue.

Perhaps you need to tweak the notification settings of this one particular app to have a lesser priority.

Change blue mail notification settings to silent and it should stop any popups/screen wakes. You may have to turn off the lock screen option (the larger one, not the one that says show/hide content).

Or just completely turn off the notification.

But through glimpse notifications, set up a "quiet time" so that the lock screen is blocked from flashing on, it's in the settings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240307_203411_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20240307_203411_Settings.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 4

Talex416

Jun 19, 2013
Using it on xiaomi redmi note 13 pro. I ran into problem using it in conjunction with 'Flip to shhh' app. Flip to shhh app turns DND mode when phone is placed screen down. Somehow, glimpse notification turns off DND mode for recurring notifications. Plays a sound and then turns DND back on. When manually DND mode is turned on, GN follows system quiet times but not when DND mode is activated by Flip to shhh app.

xrad

Jul 3, 2012
The Internet
Using it on xiaomi redmi note 13 pro. I ran into problem using it in conjunction with 'Flip to shhh' app. Flip to shhh app turns DND mode when phone is placed screen down. Somehow, glimpse notification turns off DND mode for recurring notifications. Plays a sound and then turns DND back on. When manually DND mode is turned on, GN follows system quiet times but not when DND mode is activated by Flip to shhh app.
Glimpse definitely does not turn off DND. Something else must be going on. Upon a recurrence timeout, Glimpse will trigger the recurring action(s) you have configured, but will also check each notification if it is currently enabled or disabled as per the current DND settings.

You could try to enable logging in Glimpse and recreate the scenario (as simple and straightforward as possible.) Then email the log to me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

~~~~~~ Introduction ~~~~~~

Using Android Lollipop/Marshmallow's lock screen notifications?
    Tired of having to press the power button to see them?
    Want your phone to turn on new notifications, but only when you grab to look at it?
    Want your phone to turn on right when you take it out of your pocket?
    Then this app is for you!
    Introducing the all new efficiency app Glimpse Notifications:

presentation.png

This all new app fills an annoying hole in Android Lollipop's lock screen notification system. It's nice, it's shiny, but you always need to push that damn power button. This app does it for you, and also respects quiet times and whether or not your device is in your pocket.

It also does this:
    • recurring notifications (screen on and/or sound)
    • emulate LED notifications that the system lockscreen no longer shows
    • Double-tap to lock function for lockscreen
    • custom lockscreen display time
    • lockscreen lock-on-cover function

At the same time the app is completely for free and without ads!

~~~~~~ Downloads ~~~~~~

Google Play Store
    Directly download APK

~~~~~~ FAQ ~~~~~~

FAQ (Google Doc)
    Just a general remark: I'm writing this app in my spare time and I'm not making any money with it. Before writing it, I tried numerous alternatives (both free an paid ones) but for one reason or the other, none of them really cut it for me. That includes the ones which were already mentioned here. So I rolled my own app, some people like it, some don't. That's really all there is to it. Use whatever you like, it's always great to have a choice. But let's keep the bad vibes out of this thread.
    Looks interesting, thanks for sharing. I'm an ACDisplay user on an S4 but it doesn't seem to stay active the notification allowed so I'll try this.
    Yes, been using that one (and others) as well, but I always wondered why everybody wants to reinvent the lockscreen. I'm using a pattern lock and found none of the existing solutions to work well.

thanks for this, it works well
    only problem I found is that pocket detection doesn't work on my Samsung Galaxy S6
    Strange. So, have you observed the screen turning on even if the proximity sensor is covered?

I plan on adding an extension to the pocket mode to cover the following use case: if the phone is pocketet or face down and you hear a notification, you typically take the phone and see what happened. Then I want it to turn on, but not necessarily everytime I take it out of my pocket. So something like "if coming out of pocket AND last notification less than N seconds ago -> turn on screen".

Perhaps we can sort your issues with the sensor out on the way.
    Came here from XDA article. I'm developer of Notific, almost similar but more extended (the re inventing type).

Good luck coping up with the multitude of bugs and non standard sensors of multitude of devices (specially samsung) I know how frustrating it gets sometimes.

You can mail me if you need any pointers :)
    New version is out.

It should fix flickering when the screen is already on (that was an embarrassing regression from 1.0 to 1.1). I'm now also using another method to turn on the screen, so that is now also flicker free. Downside is I now need WAKE_LOCK permission.