Today With permission of the developer of this excellent and very useful app.
If u were using android since the ages of gingerbread u would probably know about Chainfire 3D
And this app is closest to that app.
All the development was done by @n0n3m4 and only him. I am just sharing his beautiful piece of work.
If u can and want to support the dev please consider buying his app from the Play Store.
Play Store Link
What it is (Google Play Description):
-------**** Root and a writable /system partition are required! Please, read the description completely! ****-------
GLTools is a custom OpenGL driver (proxy), that is compatible with any known OpenGLES 2.0-compatible GPU + ARM processor, x86 processors are not supported (Galaxy Tab 3 for example). If you still don't understand, what this app is, the closest known analog is Chainfire3D.
- Change resolution and rendering bitness in any app, even if it doesn't support that by default.
- Change GPU name and enjoy enhanced graphics even on a noname low-end GPU.
- Take full control over textures: now you can decompress/recompress them (even if your GPU doesn't support that texture format) and resize. Note that decompression feature is available only if you'll install a plugin (internet is required to do that)
- Optimize shaders on-the-fly for optimal performance (the same optimizer is used in Unity3D engine by default)
- Enable MSAA or CSAA in any app to improve graphics quality (make sure that your GPU supports that)
- Measure gained performance with a nice onscreen FPS counter (or you can output FPS information to Logcat if you are a pro)
GLTools is 100% safe if you have a custom recovery installed (and you didn't disable backup in GLTools install dialog), if you'll find it non-working, you can just flash uninstall_gltools.zip in recovery and email me with details (or request a refund).
- HTC One X
- Nexus 7 2013
- LG G2
- Some Samsung devices (random). The lowest success rate is with SGN3 and SGS4 (thx to Knox). Installing a custom kernel can help, this problem is firmware-related. The same for Lenovo devices.
By using this app, you agree to all the following terms:
User is responsible to make sure that any plugins he uses are legal to use. All texture plugins (except for Default) are written by independent developers and are placed on a 3rd-party webserver (except for Default which is builtin), which has nothing to do with me, a GLTools author, except for that I provide a simple in-app browser to install them (as all we know, browser creators have nothing to do with any abusive Internet content, the same thing here).
User is responsible to make sure that this app won't cause any EULA violation. GLTools is designed for debugging of apps that user is author of, any other usage is not officially supported. Anyway, this app changes system libraries only and doesn't cause any binary modification of 3rd-party apps.
All trademark usage is nominative, nominative usage is Fair Use, it doesn't require any permission from trademark holder. Any trademarks are the property of their owners anyway.
If you think that GLTools itself is illegal, you can always contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org
Source code of used GNU Binutils (assembler, linker, etc) and Busybox can be obtained by writing to email@example.com
LATEST:GLtoolsXDA(Tested on HTC One M9+ on 5.0.2 Lollipop)