Google Assistant Launcher plays upon the trick of fellow XDA Senior Member, @Nikhilkumar038. This trick launches the Google Assistant on Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat devices. But a problem persists, you need to have an activity launcher, such as Nova Launcher's Activities option. And in some cases, it still doesn't work when long-pressing the home button.
So I decided to make this app, which makes launching it much more easier.
- No root needed.
- Activity launchers are never needed. Just install, and launch!
- Launch Google Assistant, even on your own preferred launcher!
- Uses the Assist intent, so you can also set GAL to launch when long-pressing the Home button!
- No unnecessary permissions, so you are sure that no data is got from you.
- Supports Android 5.0+
- Tested using a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime running Prime ROM, Android 5.1.1
- Download the app
- Install normally as APK
- Done! Launch the app first, create a reminder, and teach the Assistant your voice.
- You may now hold the home button to launch Assistant.
Note: When long-pressing the home button, pick
Lollipop: Google Assistant as default.
Marshmallow+: Google App as default.
Still having problems? Do this.
YouTube video[/B](thanks @Yathansh!)
If you can't see Your Stuff tab, kindly downgrade to the latest stable version of Google App
Official Website: hybridevelopers.16mb.com/downloads/XDA:DevDB Information
Google Drive Mirror
No mirrors please!
Google Assistant Launcher, App for all devices (see above for details)
Current Stable Version: 1.0.4
Stable Release Date: 2017-06-02
Last Updated 2017-07-01