NO NEED TO UNINSTALL OLD VERSION IF IT IS FROM THIS THREAD
Current Version: 8.0.148481159
Latest Update: 28/02/2017
I have taken the Google Phone APK from APK Mirror and modified it to work on any Marshmallow or newer Android Device. Credit goes to Kolda_CZ for originally doing this.
- Spam Caller ID does not work
- Nearby Places does not work
- Missed call notifications broken on S7 with Nougat (see troubleshooting)
- App may Force Close when opening (see troubleshooting)
- Phones with existing system app with Google Phone app package name will be unable to install
- Remove previous versions of Google Phone
- Install APK
- Give permissions to app in Android Settings
- Set as default calling app in Android Settings
- Disable stock phone app
- Install APK (No need to uninstall old version)
- Make sure app still has all its permissions and default calling app status
- Make sure to disable your stock phone app as much as possible and/or remove it's system permissions. (Also 'InCallUI', which is a system app).
- @DavidMKD has created a Fix for S7 Notifications & Force Close issues
I have tested this on my OnePlus 3 running Oxygen OS Beta 12 (Android 7.1.1).
If you have any issues, don't hesitate to comment below. I will try to respond ASAP.