iMarbot

Dec 9, 2016
London
Ol7K4Z4d1rGTsfiyMlurQi90oJay5kbfHRXi8p5-qRz4XRrJTu1d8_h6cB9jHk5D_9U=w150-rw

Google Phone

Current Stable Version: 11.0.164102751
Current Beta Version: 13.0.170513131 Bubble Edition

Latest Update: 04/10/2017

I have taken the Google Phone APK from APK Mirror and modified it to work on any Marshmallow or newer Android Device. Credit goes to Kolda_CZ for originally doing this.

I CANNOT guarantee that this will work on your device/ROM as Google Phone is built for stock android, issues may arise on your device which I do not have the expertise to debug/fix. Also, please read the Know Issues section below AND search through the thread for previous posts about your issue before posting. Thanks.

If you have a Custom Recovery (e.g. TWRP) please DO NOT use this patched app. Follow the 2nd option in Workarounds section below.

Known Issues
  • Spam Caller ID does not work (see workarounds)
  • Nearby Places does not work (see workarounds)
  • Some device may experience issues when trying to call Contacts without default number from Favourites tab (use 11.0.164102751 for Stability)
  • Cannot Answer/Decline Calls from Notifications on Some Devices/ROMs due to security limitations
  • Missed call notifications broken on Samsung Devices with Nougat (see troubleshooting)
  • Phones with existing system app with Google Phone app package name will be unable to install (unless you can uninstall it)
  • ROMs without option to set SIM Color cannot change InCallUI Color: Qualcomm Devices Workaround
Downloads
Downloads can be found in the Downloads Tab above and also below
  • 13.0.170513131 ARM64 Bubble Edition: Attached below (Mirror)
  • 13.0.170513131 ARM64: Attached below (Mirror)
  • 11.0.164102751: Attached below (Mirror)
  • 10.1.161735957: Attached below (Mirror)
  • 10.0.155920708 ARM64: Attached below (Mirror)
  • 10.0.153781772 ARM64: Attached below (Mirror)
  • 9.0.155139499: Attached below (Mirror)
  • 9.0.154771926: Attached below (Mirror)
  • 9.0.153787429: Attached below (Mirror)
  • 8.0.148481159: Attached below (Mirror)
  • 8.0.147081443: Attached below (Mirror)
Install Instructions
  • Remove previous versions of Google Phone
  • Install APK
  • Give permissions to app in Android Settings (including Modify System Settings)
  • Set as default calling app in Android Settings
  • Disable stock phone app
Update Instructions (OLD VERSIONS FROM THIS THREAD ONLY)
  • Install APK (No need to uninstall old version)
  • Make sure app still has all its permissions and default calling app status
Troubleshooting
  • Make sure to disable your stock phone app as much as possible and/or remove it's system permissions. (Also 'InCallUI', which is a system app).
  • If sound during calls does not work after update, reboot device.
  • @Bacb is posting APKs with a fix for Samsung Devices' Notifications & Force Close issues, follow his posts in the thread replies

Workarounds
Basically, Google Play Services is needed to link up with the app for Spam Caller ID & Nearby Places to work. To make the APK install-able on any device, I have to modify it. To modify it, I have to sign it with my own key. Signing it with my own key causes Google Play Services to force close the app (as it can see it has been modified), so I have to disable the link. This means these features cannot work on a modified APK.

There are only two way to get the features on non-Google devices:

Extra Info
I have tested this on my OnePlus 3 running Oxygen OS Beta 25 (Android 8.0).

XDA:DevDB Information
Patched Google Phone, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
iMarbot, Kolda_CZ (for original work), Bacb (for saving me some time)

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-08-11
Current Beta Version: 13.0.170513131
Beta Release Date: 2017-10-04

Created 2017-08-11
Last Updated 2017-11-11

Last edited:

iMarbot

Dec 9, 2016
London
I have flashed the zip taken from this thread:
https://xdaforums.com/mot...ialer-t3477633

Then i have simply installed google dialer 8 from apkmirror. Simply installed as any normal apk.

I can see name of people when they call me, so yeah Caller ID works.

No need to patch it

That requires flashing a zip, which in turn requires a custom recovery. This is just an installable APK. If everyone wanted to flash everything, they'd all have assistant too.

Suyashbansal

Oct 16, 2012
New Delhi
Moto G4 Play
OnePlus 6
Thanks for the APK! :D

I tried to install it on my HTC Desire 825. It installed correctly. I gave it permissions and changed it to the default app.
But there is a problem. When I call someone, the previous dialler also dials at the same time. I can see 2 notifications of an ongoing call in the notifications and I can switch between either one of the dialer from multitasking. :confused:

And I checked, but the disable button was disabled for the stock dialer. :(

Anything I could do to fix this? Also, it there any custom rom for D825? I could not find anything.

emeey100

Nov 25, 2014
Lagos
Great job

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

I wish u can do something like this on Google app so assistant features will work ?

milojoseph

Sep 18, 2012
Brooklyn
Works on my s7e

Sent from my hero2qltetmo using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

Hopefully you can mod google assistant to work for all.

iMarbot

Dec 9, 2016
London
Thanks for the APK! :D

I tried to install it on my HTC Desire 825. It installed correctly. I gave it permissions and changed it to the default app.
But there is a problem. When I call someone, the previous dialler also dials at the same time. I can see 2 notifications of an ongoing call in the notifications and I can switch between either one of the dialer from multitasking. :confused:

And I checked, but the disable button was disabled for the stock dialer. :(

Anything I could do to fix this? Also, it there any custom rom for D825? I could not find anything.

See if you can remove system permissions of Stock Phone app if it has them enabled. Also enable viewing of system apps and look for InCallUI and try to disable that (if you can't, then remove its system permissions).

Reactions: Soham Naha

iMarbot

Dec 9, 2016
London

Beautiful! I was just looking for this! :D Damn unrootable LG G5 variant!

Works on my s7e

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

Hopefully you can mod google assistant to work for all.

Great job

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

I wish u can do something like this on Google app so assistant features will work

I'm glad I was able to help out :D

As for Assistant, I'm sorry to break it to you, but its almost impossible. This is easy as our non google devices do not have Google Phone app installed, so the phones think its just a random app. This means I can sign it with any key I want, for example here I just used a simple test key (reason why you have to uninstall old versions is that it requires the same key sign when updating but you can uninstall it, so it forgets the old key). But with assistant its part of Stock Google App, a system app, installed on 99% of Stock ROM Devices, meaning you cannot uninstall it, and therefore I need the original key it was signed. I don't have that key and cannot get it, so you could need ROOT for this to work, but having ROOT or even a custom recovery means you can get assistant working without a Patched APK. Nevertheless, you can follow progress on this at https://xdaforums.com/android/software/guide-google-assistant-marshmallow-t3478450 but don't waste your time with the OP post as it doesn't work without ROOT (even though the title says it does, lies). Sadly, I'm 90% certain it wont happen. Sorry.

emeey100

Nov 25, 2014
Lagos
I'm glad I was able to help out :D

As for Assistant, I'm sorry to break it to you, but its almost impossible. This is easy as our non google devices do not have Google Phone app installed, so the phones think its just a random app. This means I can sign it with any key I want, for example here I just used a simple test key (reason why you have to uninstall old versions is that it requires the same key sign when updating but you can uninstall it, so it forgets the old key). But with assistant its part of Stock Google App, a system app, installed on 99% of Stock ROM Devices, meaning you cannot uninstall it, and therefore I need the original key it was signed. I don't have that key and cannot get it, so you could need ROOT for this to work, but having ROOT or even a custom recovery means you can get assistant working without a Patched APK. Nevertheless, you can follow progress on this at https://xdaforums.com/android/software/guide-google-assistant-marshmallow-t3478450 but don't waste your time with the OP post as it doesn't work without ROOT (even though the title says it does, lies). Sadly, I'm 90% certain it wont happen. Sorry.
Well understood, I could have rooted my phone, my USB port is damage, thanks

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
Tapping the Calls menu in Settings will crash the app. Just like the previous no-root Phone projects.

As a result, I can't enable visual voicemail.

Reactions: Devhost97

iMarbot

Dec 9, 2016
London
Works great on oneplus 3

Glad to hear it, especially as I'm using a OnePlus 3 to test :D

Tapping the Calls menu in Settings will crash the app. Just like the previous no-root Phone projects.

As a result, I can't enable visual voicemail.

I can access all settings in the app on my non rooted OnePlus 3. I don't see a specific menu called "calls". I see "calling accounts", "call blocking" and "caller id & spam". Is there another menu I don't have? (I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just trying to understand the issue)

miklosK

Jan 22, 2017
No missed calls notification

Hello,

Sadly i'm suffering the same issu as any previous phone app versions. There is no missed calls notification.

Im on galaxy s7 nougat, granted all permissions, default app....

I dont know what is wrong :(

Regards,
M.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ol7K4Z4d1rGTsfiyMlurQi90oJay5kbfHRXi8p5-qRz4XRrJTu1d8_h6cB9jHk5D_9U=w150-rw

Google Phone

Current Beta Version: 13.0.170513131 Bubble Edition

Latest Update: 04/10/2017

I have taken the Google Phone APK from APK Mirror and modified it to work on any Marshmallow or newer Android Device. Credit goes to Kolda_CZ for originally doing this.

I CANNOT guarantee that this will work on your device/ROM as Google Phone is built for stock android, issues may arise on your device which I do not have the expertise to debug/fix. Also, please read the Know Issues section below AND search through the thread for previous posts about your issue before posting. Thanks.

If you have a Custom Recovery (e.g. TWRP) please DO NOT use this patched app. Follow the 2nd option in Workarounds section below.

Known Issues
    • Spam Caller ID does not work (see workarounds)
    • Nearby Places does not work (see workarounds)
    • Some device may experience issues when trying to call Contacts without default number from Favourites tab (use 11.0.164102751 for Stability)
    • Cannot Answer/Decline Calls from Notifications on Some Devices/ROMs due to security limitations
    • Missed call notifications broken on Samsung Devices with Nougat (see troubleshooting)
    • Phones with existing system app with Google Phone app package name will be unable to install (unless you can uninstall it)
    • ROMs without option to set SIM Color cannot change InCallUI Color: Qualcomm Devices Workaround
    Downloads
    Downloads can be found in the Downloads Tab above and also below
    • 13.0.170513131 ARM64 Bubble Edition: Attached below (Mirror)
    • 13.0.170513131 ARM64: Attached below (Mirror)
    • 11.0.164102751: Attached below (Mirror)
    • 10.1.161735957: Attached below (Mirror)
    • 10.0.155920708 ARM64: Attached below (Mirror)
    • 10.0.153781772 ARM64: Attached below (Mirror)
    • 9.0.155139499: Attached below (Mirror)
    • 9.0.154771926: Attached below (Mirror)
    • 9.0.153787429: Attached below (Mirror)
    • 8.0.148481159: Attached below (Mirror)
    • 8.0.147081443: Attached below (Mirror)
    Install Instructions
    • Remove previous versions of Google Phone
    • Install APK
    • Give permissions to app in Android Settings (including Modify System Settings)
    • Set as default calling app in Android Settings
    • Disable stock phone app
    Update Instructions (OLD VERSIONS FROM THIS THREAD ONLY)
    • Install APK (No need to uninstall old version)
    • Make sure app still has all its permissions and default calling app status
    Troubleshooting
    • Make sure to disable your stock phone app as much as possible and/or remove it's system permissions. (Also 'InCallUI', which is a system app).
    • If sound during calls does not work after update, reboot device.
    • @Bacb is posting APKs with a fix for Samsung Devices' Notifications & Force Close issues, follow his posts in the thread replies

Workarounds
    Basically, Google Play Services is needed to link up with the app for Spam Caller ID & Nearby Places to work. To make the APK install-able on any device, I have to modify it. To modify it, I have to sign it with my own key. Signing it with my own key causes Google Play Services to force close the app (as it can see it has been modified), so I have to disable the link. This means these features cannot work on a modified APK.

There are only two way to get the features on non-Google devices:

Extra Info
    I have tested this on my OnePlus 3 running Oxygen OS Beta 25 (Android 8.0).

XDA:DevDB Information
    Patched Google Phone, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    iMarbot, Kolda_CZ (for original work), Bacb (for saving me some time)

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-08-11
    Current Beta Version: 13.0.170513131
    Beta Release Date: 2017-10-04

Created 2017-08-11
    Last Updated 2017-11-11
    13.0.171616398 (nodpi) patched
    Android 6.0+ (2in1 version arm/arm64)
    Fix missed calls notifications, fix contacts on 6.0, bubble enabled
    View attachment 13.0.171616398+fix_missed_calls.apk
    @Bacb