NO NEED TO UNINSTALL OLD VERSION IF IT IS FROM THIS THREAD
Current Version: 10.1.161735957
Latest Update: 15/07/2017
I have taken the Google Phone APK from APK Mirror and modified it to work on any Marshmallow or newer Android Device. Credit goes to Kolda_CZ for originally doing this.
If you have a Custom Recovery (e.g. TWRP) please DO NOT use this patched app. Follow the 2nd option in Workarounds section below.
- Spam Caller ID does not work (see workarounds)
- Nearby Places does not work (see workarounds)
- Cannot Answer/Decline Calls from Notifications on Some Devices/ROMs
- Missed call notifications broken on Samsung Devices with Nougat (see troubleshooting)
- App may Force Close when opening (see troubleshooting)
- Phones with existing system app with Google Phone app package name will be unable to install
- ROMs without option to set SIM Color cannot change InCallUI Color: Qualcomm Devices Workaround
- 10.1.161735957: Attached below (Mirror)
- 10.0.155920708 ARM64: Attached below (Mirror)
- 10.0.153781772 ARM64: Attached below (Mirror)
- 9.0.155139499: Attached below (Mirror)
- 9.0.154771926: Attached below (Mirror)
- 9.0.153787429: Attached below (Mirror)
- 8.0.148481159: Attached below (Mirror)
- 8.0.147081443: Attached below (Mirror)
- Remove previous versions of Google Phone
- Install APK
- Give permissions to app in Android Settings (including Modify System Settings)
- Set as default calling app in Android Settings
- Disable stock phone app
- Install APK (No need to uninstall old version)
- Make sure app still has all its permissions and default calling app status
- Make sure to disable your stock phone app as much as possible and/or remove it's system permissions. (Also 'InCallUI', which is a system app).
- If sound during calls does not work after update, reboot device.
- @Bacb is posting APKs with a fix for Samsung Devices' Notifications & Force Close issues, follow his posts in the thread replies
Basically, Google Play Services is needed to link up with the app for Spam Caller ID & Nearby Places to work. To make the APK install-able on any device, I have to modify it. To modify it, I have to sign it with my own key. Signing it with my own key causes Google Play Services to force close the app (as it can see it has been modified), so I have to disable the link. This means these features cannot work on a modified APK.
There are only two way to get the features on non-Google devices:
- EITHER Get a non-nexus APK from Google which is signed in-house with their key (so the app doesn't force close on launch) Best you're gonna get is this: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/ Version 7.0 with everything working, lacks any changes since 7.0 (basically "Message Why You Called" & PAW mode)
- OR Have a custom recovery with flashing capabilities. Flash: https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...2&d=1476815806 (Google Dialer Support) then install the latest unmodified Google Phone APK: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-phone/
I have tested this on my OnePlus 3 running Oxygen OS Beta 20 (Android 7.1.1).
If you have any issues, don't hesitate to comment below. I will try to respond ASAP.