[APP][PORT][DP3] Google Markup from Android P

Search This thread

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
This is a port of the Google Markup app from the Android P developer preview. Its primary use on P is to edit screenshots, but it can be used on any image.

On P, you get an "EDIT" option when you take a screenshot. That starts an editor for the image, and Google have included an app on the Pixel 2 builds called "Markup", which allows for cropping and simple editing:

tsh2tvA.png

This is a backport of that app, with only one modification, the addition of the "android.intent.action.SEND" intent filter. This means that on Oreo and below, Markup can be accessed after you take a screenshot by pressing "SHARE" and then selecting markup.

Usage (large GIF, view the gifv here):
jQy3JDH.gif

Download
Install it as a normal APK

Attachments

• com.google.android.markup.apk
    5.2 MB · Views: 184,874
  • com.google.android.markup_DP2.apk
    4 MB · Views: 23,711
  • com.google.android.markup_DP3.apk
    4.1 MB · Views: 40,064
Last edited:

5amar31

Feb 4, 2016
When I'm cropping with this tool the new image has bigger size than the original screenshot. Also it saves it as a new file rather than giving an option to share the edited screenshot. Hopefully that fixes later on.

Reactions: vergilbt

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Good news!

So it turns out the native library that was limiting the app to ARM64 only is not just used in this app - it's used in Google Keep too. Keep is released in ARM32 and x86 variants (and MIPS too but no phones use MIPS nowadays), so I've ripped the latest library from those variants and included it in this. It works on my Nexus 5 (ARM32) and on the emulator (x86), so at this point I'd say it's global.

The APK is in the same place, attached and linked in the OP.

joeyhuab

Recognized Developer
Good news!

So it turns out the native library that was limiting the app to ARM64 only is not just used in this app - it's used in Google Keep too. Keep is released in ARM32 and x86 variants (and MIPS too but no phones use MIPS nowadays), so I've ripped the latest library from those variants and included it in this. It works on my Nexus 5 (ARM32) and on the emulator (x86), so at this point I'd say it's global.

That's some quick work right there. Sweet stuff man!

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi A1 using XDA Labs

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
work now, using the button share. ;)

-woah massive image-

Yeah that's what the OP says, it doesn't add an edit button

Also, a little tip. When embedding an image to a post, add an "l" (that's a lower case L) to your imgur URL, just before the .jpg or .png. It will use a smaller version of the image instead

Missy Raja

Dec 25, 2017
Works fine on moto g5 plus running 8.1 oreo pixel experience rom..But it would be nice if someone could change it so that after you save the edit it again goes back the share option.coz now after saving the screenshot you have to go to gallery to access it for further usage...:laugh:

Sethu Senthil

Aug 25, 2016
I'm on a Nexus 6p 8.1 and I can't install the APK because it isn't showing "open with package installer". Is this due to the architecture of the APK?

elbuenzurdo

May 1, 2015
Cool, thanks! Working fine on OnePlus 5, Oreo OB 5.

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180308-164117.jpg
    Screenshot_20180308-164117.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,202

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of the Google Markup app from the Android P developer preview. Its primary use on P is to edit screenshots, but it can be used on any image.

On P, you get an "EDIT" option when you take a screenshot. That starts an editor for the image, and Google have included an app on the Pixel 2 builds called "Markup", which allows for cropping and simple editing:

tsh2tvA.png

This is a backport of that app, with only one modification, the addition of the "android.intent.action.SEND" intent filter. This means that on Oreo and below, Markup can be accessed after you take a screenshot by pressing "SHARE" and then selecting markup.

Usage (large GIF, view the gifv here):
    jQy3JDH.gif

Download
    Install it as a normal APK
    Good news!

DP3 port now in first post
    Added version from DP2 to the first post
    work now, using the button share. ;)

-woah massive image-

Yeah that's what the OP says, it doesn't add an edit button

Also, a little tip. When embedding an image to a post, add an "l" (that's a lower case L) to your imgur URL, just before the .jpg or .png. It will use a smaller version of the image instead