Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][PORT][DP2] Google Markup from Android P

7,407 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,951

Post Reply Email Thread
This is a port of the Google Markup app from the Android P developer preview. Its primary use on P is to edit screenshots, but it can be used on any image.

On P, you get an "EDIT" option when you take a screenshot. That starts an editor for the image, and Google have included an app on the Pixel 2 builds called "Markup", which allows for cropping and simple editing:

This is a backport of that app, with only one modification, the addition of the "android.intent.action.SEND" intent filter. This means that on Oreo and below, Markup can be accessed after you take a screenshot by pressing "SHARE" and then selecting markup.

Usage (large GIF, view the gifv here):

Download
Install it as a normal APK
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.google.android.markup.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.16 MB, 129976 views)
File Type: apk com.google.android.markup_DP2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.04 MB, 8882 views)
The Following 192 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

8th March 2018, 11:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
When I'm cropping with this tool the new image has bigger size than the original screenshot. Also it saves it as a new file rather than giving an option to share the edited screenshot. Hopefully that fixes later on.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5amar31 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 5amar31 Ad-Free
8th March 2018, 01:00 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Ormskirk, Lancashire, UK

Donate to Me
More
Good news!

So it turns out the native library that was limiting the app to ARM64 only is not just used in this app - it's used in Google Keep too. Keep is released in ARM32 and x86 variants (and MIPS too but no phones use MIPS nowadays), so I've ripped the latest library from those variants and included it in this. It works on my Nexus 5 (ARM32) and on the emulator (x86), so at this point I'd say it's global.

The APK is in the same place, attached and linked in the OP.
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2018, 01:10 PM |#4  
Flag Antipolo
Thanks Meter: 1,225

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Good news!

So it turns out the native library that was limiting the app to ARM64 only is not just used in this app - it's used in Google Keep too. Keep is released in ARM32 and x86 variants (and MIPS too but no phones use MIPS nowadays), so I've ripped the latest library from those variants and included it in this. It works on my Nexus 5 (ARM32) and on the emulator (x86), so at this point I'd say it's global.

The APK is in the same place, attached and linked in the OP.

That's some quick work right there. Sweet stuff man!

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi A1 using XDA Labs
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joeyhuab For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joeyhuab Ad-Free
8th March 2018, 04:28 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikipy

dont work in S8 oreo

What does it do? It's such a simple app that on any ARM64 device it should definitely work
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2018, 04:35 PM |#7  
Flag Metz
Thanks Meter: 249

More
Thanks bro
Work fine on mi A1
8th March 2018, 04:40 PM |#8  
Flag Luque, Paraguay
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

What does it do? It's such a simple app that on any ARM64 device it should definitely work

work now, using the button share.

The Following User Says Thank You to rikipy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rikipy Ad-Free
8th March 2018, 05:55 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikipy

work now, using the button share.

-woah massive image-

Yeah that's what the OP says, it doesn't add an edit button

Also, a little tip. When embedding an image to a post, add an "l" (that's a lower case L) to your imgur URL, just before the .jpg or .png. It will use a smaller version of the image instead
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2018, 07:44 PM |#10  
Flag Somewhere over the horizon
Thanks Meter: 154

More
It works on my GS4 running OCT-OS 7.1.1 lol

Works pretty damn fine too, definitely worth keeping.

Bloody hell this forum, I'll just post some links.

https://imgur.com/ICcmjMf
https://imgur.com/Wmaf2PX
(Some proof of it working on 7.1.1, it's my test phone so ignore the outdated rom lol).
The Following User Says Thank You to Faithless Imperials For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Faithless Imperials Ad-Free
8th March 2018, 08:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android p, editor, google, markup, screenshot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)