FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][PATCHED] Google Phone v39.0.270797297+DARK THEME [BUBBLE EDITION][NO ROOT]

192 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,860

By Martin.077, Senior Member on 21st November 2017, 03:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Martin.077: [APP][PATCHED] Google Phone v14.0.176716531 BUBBLE EDITION[NO ROOT]
14th September 2019, 11:52 PM |#3791  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 46,479

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EgotisticalElf

For the last week, when I goto my recent calls screen, the app completely closes instantly. It then proceeds to close on open.

I can still make calls, but I can't dial out. I have to use the samsung phone app instead.

I'm on an S10 stock. I tried several versions from 34 through 38.

I've cleared data, uninstalled, reinstalled.
I can get it to open again if i clear my call history, but i've had to do that several times now as it will happen again a week or two later.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

For the last week, when I goto my recent calls screen, the app completely closes instantly. It then proceeds to close on open.

I can still make calls, but I can't dial out. I have to use the samsung phone app instead.

I can get it to open again if i clear my call history, but i've had to do that several times now as it will happen again a week or two later.

Try installing Google Contacts and make it default, give it permissions and see if that helps. Otherwise no issue on my S9+ or S8. Both OneUI using this mod.
14th September 2019, 11:56 PM |#3792  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Try installing Google Contacts and make it default, give it permissions and see if that helps. Otherwise no issue on my S9+ or S8. Both OneUI using this mod.

already doing that. I don't see a setting to explicitly make contacts default though.

I gave both phone and contacts all permissions and no dice.
15th September 2019, 12:01 AM |#3793  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

already doing that. I don't see a setting to explicitly make contacts default though.

I gave both phone and contacts all permissions and no dice.

Very strange, I have a few testers using S10+ no issues with my TBO black one. Same stuff just themed black. You have dual sim? Might need that that fix. Otherwise would need a log to see why.
15th September 2019, 12:20 AM |#3794  

More
nope, just a single tmobile sim.

Which logs do you need?
15th September 2019, 12:23 AM |#3795  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

nope, just a single tmobile sim.

Which logs do you need?

Wow same I'm on T-Mobile so that rules that out. Use matlog and a pc to give it permission to log and use it to record the crash and upload the txt file here. Instructions on how to give it permissions is in the matlog description. If there's a way to fix it that's the only way we can see it without replicating it.
15th September 2019, 11:11 AM |#3796  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

I had the same thing on a Htc U11+ European after the Pie update.
Don't have any fix, using the Htc dialer.
16th September 2019, 01:56 PM |#3797  

More
Quote:

Wow same I'm on T-Mobile so that rules that out. Use matlog and a pc to give it permission to log and use it to record the crash and upload the txt file here. Instructions on how to give it permissions is in the matlog description. If there's a way to fix it that's the only way we can see it without replicating it.

I opened it three times while it was recording. Hope you can get what you need.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2019-09-16-08-48-40.zip - [Click for QR Code] (191.7 KB, 36 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to EgotisticalElf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EgotisticalElf Ad-Free
16th September 2019, 04:43 PM |#3798  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Is there any version of Google Dialer that works with the Note 10 and doesn't cut off the top of the dialer when on a call?
16th September 2019, 07:48 PM |#3799  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I opened it three times while it was recording. Hope you can get what you need.

Hmm

09-16 08:48:46.447 W/Dialer (30390): GoogleDeviceCompatibilityChecker.hasDialerSupportL ibrary - device is missing dialer shared library!

After this everything went downhill. I'll check more on my pc but think our edit might need a change. I may pm you a test to see. I can't work on this until the weekend though. But might have hope.
16th September 2019, 07:51 PM |#3800  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanhunt

I have same issue on HTC U12+ (no root). Everything worked great unitill I tried to search or dial phone number. Then App crashed. Kinda sad, I hate oldschool HTC dialer.

I am facing the same issue,.. Did you find a solution for that?
As soon as I remove the permission of the contacts I can dial numbers without problem..
But when I enable the permission for contacts then the app crashes as soon as I start to type in a number..
16th September 2019, 07:55 PM |#3801  

More
Quote:

Hmm

09-16 08:48:46.447 W/Dialer (30390): GoogleDeviceCompatibilityChecker.hasDialerSupportL ibrary - device is missing dialer shared library!

After this everything went downhill. I'll check more on my pc but think our edit might need a change. I may pm you a test to see. I can't work on this until the weekend though. But might have hope.

no worries. I live the developer life.

As I said in the first post, If I clear my call history, it will work for a few days, then this again.
The Following User Says Thank You to EgotisticalElf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EgotisticalElf Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dialer, google phone app, no root, phone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)