14th June 2018, 09:09 AM |#1611  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove
Thanks Meter: 14,231

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melphoi

Hello, I just installed this app and even though I'm not an expert about the details of this app, I think I know what is the main goal for this app
I'm on Touchwiz based ROM Nougat with S7 Flat G930FD and rooted with Magisk
How do I know whether this app working correctly or not?
I provide 3 images and I hope someone could lend me help
Thanks in advance

The third screenshot is completely bugged. What version are you on? If you are not on alpha 3, I highly recommend you help me test the alpha builds. The beta build is very old and doesn't properly support Samsung and arm 32 bit devices, I have only just starting supporting them in the latest alpha builds.

Join the alpha community in the OP, I post all my builds there.

FYI the frequencies is bugged for you which means the whole all is bugged for you. However, the next time you ask "how do I know it works?" And the frequencies are displayed normally, refer to Q2 of the FAQ post below the OP.

14th June 2018, 10:26 AM |#1612  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
In Oneplus x is this normal? Just asking because I don't see anyother option other than CPU min. Max frequency
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Helix_Engine_20180614-145506.png
Views:	546
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	4526356  
14th June 2018, 10:41 AM |#1613  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micoeyes

In Oneplus x is this normal? Just asking because I don't see anyother option other than CPU min. Max frequency

Yes, because ARM 32-bit devices aren't clustered. Also, Helix Engine only currently supports CPU min/max and governors. GPU is supported but only on selected chipsets and will be planning on expanding this after I get confirmation from the users that the app works on most devices properly.
14th June 2018, 02:34 PM |#1614  
Flag Batam
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroInfinity

The third screenshot is completely bugged. What version are you on? If you are not on alpha 3, I highly recommend you help me test the alpha builds. The beta build is very old and doesn't properly support Samsung and arm 32 bit devices, I have only just starting supporting them in the latest alpha builds.

Join the alpha community in the OP, I post all my builds there.

FYI the frequencies is bugged for you which means the whole all is bugged for you. However, the next time you ask "how do I know it works?" And the frequencies are displayed normally, refer to Q2 of the FAQ post below the OP.

Thank you for your responses
I uninstalled the Beta version and installed the latest Alpha Version, and now I can see numbers of Frequencies, for example in Battery Profile
But did I make the correct input as the Hint suggestion ? I just changed the Max Frequencies from both Clusters (Big Cluster has 2600000 as default, Little Cluster has 1586000 as default)
Then I followed your guide to know if it working or not from the F.A.Q. Here's the screenshoot from Monitor App and Monitor CPU
Is this correct ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180614-202632.png
Views:	334
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	4526555   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	4526556   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	4526557  
14th June 2018, 02:38 PM |#1615  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melphoi

Thank you for your responses
I uninstalled the Beta version and installed the latest Alpha Version, and now I can see numbers of Frequencies, for example in Battery Profile
But did I make the correct input as the Hint suggestion ? I just changed the Max Frequencies from both Clusters (Big Cluster has 2600000 as default, Little Cluster has 1586000 as default)
Then I followed your guide to know if it working or not from the F.A.Q. Here's the screenshoot from Monitor App and Monitor CPU
Is this correct ?

It looks correct. Make sure that the CPU frequencies are applied when an app executes the battery profile. So for example, when the logcat says Battery profile executed in the app you have opened, the CPU frequencies should change to the profile configuration you have set for the battery profile. It is easier to monitor this if you two instances of the debugger tool opened. So you can monitor the logcat in one window, and monitor the CPU frequencies in another.

If this is the intended behaviour you are getting on your device, then all is working well. However, if the frequencies are not changing as per the configurations you have set in each profile, then something is wrong.
14th June 2018, 06:02 PM |#1616  
Flag Göppingen / near Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 128

More
I test the Alpha 3 on my HTC One M7. but doesnt work.. Parsing Error.. 😯

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Labs
14th June 2018, 06:10 PM |#1617  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopie

I test the Alpha 3 on my HTC One M7. but doesnt work.. Parsing Error..

Make sure you are on Nougat or later. Support for ARM may be added but it doesn't mean support for android version has been lowered.
14th June 2018, 06:14 PM |#1618  
Flag Göppingen / near Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 128

More
oh.. ok.. i'm on Lollipop . i test it later on a Nougat Rom

15th June 2018, 01:15 AM |#1619  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
@ZeroInfinity how to restore Qualcomm's CAF boost framework on Oneplus in order to uninstall HE?
15th June 2018, 01:42 AM |#1620  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidshb

@ZeroInfinity how to restore Qualcomm's CAF boost framework on Oneplus in order to uninstall HE?

Reflaah ROM or restore your system backup.
15th June 2018, 12:34 PM |#1621  
Recognized Contributor
Gotham
Thanks Meter: 5,425

More
PSA: For those on OOS 5.1.x (stable and open beta, Android 8.1), who would like to disable CAF's boostframework to be able to use Helix Engine, you could only disable MSM Touchboost, which is found in the Boost section in the CPU tab in EXKM. If this option is not found, then you are obliged to flash the CAF boostframework disabler posted previously.
Credits goes to @joshuous for the tip
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mostafa Wael For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mostafa Wael Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
engine, helix, profile, script, tweaks

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)