FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][UTILITY][12th August] Helix Engine 3.0.0.1-beta

6,737 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,230

Post Reply Email Thread
7th February 2018, 07:38 AM |#21  
Flag Traveling through gigabytes of data.
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Hi!
I just discovered this application recently. Can I use this on my phone? It's a ZUK Z2 which runs on SD820.

Thanks in advance!

7th February 2018, 09:03 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 304

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroInfinity

FAQ:

How to revert back to stock?
7th February 2018, 09:05 AM |#23  
Flag Ambala, HR
Thanks Meter: 2,528

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_geek

Hi!
I just discovered this application recently. Can I use this on my phone? It's a ZUK Z2 which runs on SD820.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can. It is compatible with SD 820 and should work for you (provided the ROM you're on does NOT have any additional power manager engine present and working).

On a separate note, @RogerF81 @ZeroInfinity From what I've read and seen on GitHub, would it be correct to say that Helix Engine is like a dymanic version of AKT, wherein the governor profile that is applied is changed by the Engine on the fly (depending upon the app that is open/running) as compared to AKT's setting of a user-chosen governor profile (which is static and doesn't change depending on any condition)?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shadowstep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadowstep Ad-Free
7th February 2018, 09:08 AM |#24  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_geek

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

Not device dependent but chipset dependent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstep

Yes, you can. It is compatible with SD 820 and should work for you (provided the ROM you're on does NOT have any additional power manager engine present and working).

On a separate note, @RogerF81@ZeroInfinity From what I've read and seen on GitHub, would it be correct to say that Helix Engine is like a dymanic version of AKT, wherein the governor profile that is applied is changed by the Engine on the fly (depending upon the app that is open/running) as compared to AKT's setting of a user-chosen governor profile (which is static and doesn't change depending on any condition)?

Technically yes, but usually it'll just be using interactive governor depending on your kernel, I don't really do the scripts so maybe @RogerF81 can chime in on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me myself and i

been using for a few hours........browsing.....watching video....taking picture. had it freeze on me while in the camera, after zooming, takign picture, and moving the phone it froze. had to power down because my phone went totally unresponsive. im idle drain is insane though. down to 0.36%/h from about 1.5%/h.

as im writing this i tested to camera malfunction again and it malfunctioned yet again. on OOS 5.0.2 blu_sparks kernel. and also experiencing sluggish scrolling in instagram.

edit: added some stuff

I'll have to look into this, maybe relax the battery profile a little but that will cost a bit more battery drain. Good to see the significant improvement in idle drain though!

Also, which device are you using?
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroInfinity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2018, 09:16 AM |#25  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pires_7

Would like to try, only one question. How to remove after flash? Apk unninstal, magisk module delete, but what about flashable aroma zip? Thanks for you awesome work!

It is not a magisk module. Uninstall APK and delete /data/helix_engine folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsistemX

Bad scrolling experience when the battery profile is load but for a beta it's really , I love the idea if the project thanks for your work

Thanks mate! Definitely will be improving battery profile some more

Quote:
Originally Posted by me myself and i

I just replicated the issue while taking a logcat. One is the entire log and one is the log from 'mm_camera'.

edit: @DeeZZ_NuuZZ

Cheers, I'll look into this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFawkes

@ZeroInfinity htc 10 stock user here. cant seem to install apk. says unable to parse application. would love to be able to use this on stock Nougat

Ah I think I left the API on Oreo minimum but I'll double check, that's the only reason I can think of if you're having this issue. If so, I'll fix it in beta 4.
EDIT: So yeah, it is restricted to API 26, but I will change it to API 24 in the next beta
EDIT 2: I actually need some Nougat testers to test it out for me, here's a link of a debug build: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ch...P-C4eL1AMWLGM- I've set the minTargetSdk to API 24 and target SDK to API 27 (8.1 users please test)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepwalking0593

Does it work on custom ROMs too?

It works for any ROM, any kernel, any device as long as it meets the requirements. A S808/S810/S820/S821/S835 device running a ROM that does NOT have any other kind of power manager (like HTC pnpmgr). If you are on something that has a power manager already, move to aosp since power managers by OEMs are closed source and cannot be ported to aosp ROMs. If you don't know if your rom has a power manager, try underclocking your phone or tweak the governor. Power managers usually overwrite your applied values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKool76

Ok, so far , so good. Using it on my 3T. Can already feel the performance boost. I use G+ as a benchmark for scrolling and it has smoothed out quite a bit. Now, i will see how it does on battery. Great job, brother. Always looking for new ways to save battery. Appreciate the effort

Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohanv

I experience jitter scroll effect rather being very smooth. I am on OB5 with Boeffla kernel.

It is more than 10 hours now. I will watch battery saving and share here.

As someone mentioned in this thread, it is a good idea to take system backup before flashing so that we can revert.

Or you can literally just uninstall APK and delete /data/helix_engine folder. Much easier
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ZeroInfinity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2018, 11:57 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
The app doesn't get install on Android 7
Can it work without the app? I guess no
7th February 2018, 12:04 PM |#27  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prajnay

The app doesn't get install on Android 7
Can it work without the app? I guess no

Please read my reply above quoting someone with a HTC 10, there is a link to a test build which I would like Nougat users to test and report back to me to see if it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroInfinity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2018, 12:51 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroInfinity

It is not a magisk module. Uninstall APK and delete /data/helix_engine folder.

Thanks mate! Definitely will be improving battery profile some more

Cheers, I'll look into this!

Ah I think I left the API on Oreo minimum but I'll double check, that's the only reason I can think of if you're having this issue. If so, I'll fix it in beta 4.
EDIT: So yeah, it is restricted to API 26, but I will change it to API 24 in the next beta
EDIT 2: I actually need some Nougat testers to test it out for me, here's a link of a debug build: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ch...P-C4eL1AMWLGM- I've set the minTargetSdk to API 24 and target SDK to API 27 (8.1 users please test)

It works for any ROM, any kernel, any device as long as it meets the requirements. A S808/S810/S820/S821/S835 device running a ROM that does NOT have any other kind of power manager (like HTC pnpmgr). If you are on something that has a power manager already, move to aosp since power managers by OEMs are closed source and cannot be ported to aosp ROMs. If you don't know if your rom has a power manager, try underclocking your phone or tweak the governor. Power managers usually overwrite your applied values.

Thanks man!

Or you can literally just uninstall APK and delete /data/helix_engine folder. Much easier

ill definitely be a Nougat tester. downloading apk now. btw im using a build of nebula from the pf Telegram chat with leedroid rom. amazing battery life with the v18 helix engine on magisk 15.3. ill let you know how it is once i test out new engine and the apk. thanks for all your hard work and not forgetting us htc 10 users. helix definitely has come a long way!

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

@ZeroInfinity so far so good! got engine installed, apk installed and soilwork logs showing in internal storage. Thanks so much to everyone involved in helix! if you need anything you'd like me to test let me know. ill play around with the engine. i may turn the engine into a Magisk module for personal use if you dont mind
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnFawkes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnFawkes Ad-Free
7th February 2018, 01:16 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Quote:

ill definitely be a Nougat tester. downloading apk now. btw im using a build of nebula from the pf Telegram chat with leedroid rom. amazing battery life with the v18 helix engine on magisk 15.3. ill let you know how it is once i test out new engine and the apk. thanks for all your hard work and not forgetting us htc 10 users. helix definitely has come a long way!

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

@ZeroInfinity so far so good! got engine installed, apk installed and soilwork logs showing in internal storage. Thanks so much to everyone involved in helix! if you need anything you'd like me to test let me know. ill play around with the engine. i may turn the engine into a Magisk module for personal use if you dont mind

Can I really make a magisk module for this ??

Sent from my OnePlus5 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujyadava

Can u really make a magisk module for this ??

Sent from my OnePlus5 using XDA Labs
7th February 2018, 01:32 PM |#30  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Glad to see it working! There isn't much of a need to turn this into a magisk module which is why I didn't do it in the first place I have everyone install as a normal apk because it's easier to uninstall, plus it's not in priv-app as it doesn't make a difference to fix SELinux denials (which is why permissive must be enabled to use this engine). Feel free to turn it into a module though
7th February 2018, 01:38 PM |#31  
Flag Mannheim
Thanks Meter: 1,110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstep

On a separate note, @RogerF81 @ZeroInfinity From what I've read and seen on GitHub, would it be correct to say that Helix Engine is like a dymanic version of AKT, wherein the governor profile that is applied is changed by the Engine on the fly (depending upon the app that is open/running) as compared to AKT's setting of a user-chosen governor profile (which is static and doesn't change depending on any condition)?

All in all, yes, I think one can say it like that. The scripts support interactive governor as well as schedutil. Besides, if performance profile gets loaded and you kernel supports it, blu_active is available. If battery profile is loaded, prwutilx is available, too, which is Helix-exclusive anyways
The Following User Says Thank You to RogerF81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RogerF81 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
engine, helix, profile, script, tweaks

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)