FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] [4.3+] Hold Back To Kill [ROOT]

7,803 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,326

By elesbb, Senior Member on 24th February 2015, 06:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here is an app that allows you to hold your back button to kill the currently open application.

If popularity is high enough, I will update it with things like whitelist etc.

If you use a Samsung device, the only problem is that you can't show the MultiWindow bar anymore. I will work on a fix for it. I only made this because xposed doesn't work on Samsung Lollipop yet so this is what I wanted until it is. Once it works, I prolly won't ever touch this app again.

Thanks everyone!

UPDATE:

- Performance improvement
Attached Files
File Type: apk Hold Back To Kill v1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (889.6 KB, 22180 views)
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elesbb Ad-Free

27th February 2015, 04:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,185

More
useful, thanks for this!!!!
27th February 2015, 06:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 510

More
Great job! I've been missing this feature since I switched to Lollipop. Thanks!
1st March 2015, 07:22 AM |#4  

More
hi,

It seems to be working on CM12 but a little too good

Apps get killed right away when i press "back"whatever time-out i set in the settings.
1st March 2015, 03:37 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidphilev

hi,

It seems to be working on CM12 but a little too good

Apps get killed right away when i press "back"whatever time-out i set in the settings.

I dont know i dont have cm12. i know cm12 has a default native option to hold back to kill maybe that is enabled?
2nd March 2015, 06:15 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

I dont know i dont have cm12. i know cm12 has a default native option to hold back to kill maybe that is enabled?

Hello, CM12 with standard navbar (3 buttons) doesn't have that setting. It s only implmented in roms with navbars with extra settings like opening an app etc etc
2nd March 2015, 08:20 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Unhappy Having Trouble
I'm having a similar problem where even a single tap on the back button is closing the app. I have a rooted Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4
3rd March 2015, 01:30 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello, CM12 with standard navbar (3 buttons) doesn't have that setting. It s only implmented in roms with navbars with extra settings like opening an app etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndg1988

I'm having a similar problem where even a single tap on the back button is closing the app. I have a rooted Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4

So this is happening when using the navbar and not the physical buttons?

It seems like the up action isn't being triggered. I could try to implement maybe a double click back to kill option. Ill try to debug on my 5.0 emulator that uses the navbar and see if i can figure anything out. Weird how that's happening.
3rd March 2015, 04:11 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

It seems like the up action isn't being triggered. I could try to implement maybe a double click back to kill option. Ill try to debug on my 5.0 emulator that uses the navbar and see if i can figure anything out. Weird how that's happening.

hello again,

No, i dont use the navbar In cm12 (disabled) I use hardware buttons. If ndg1988 uses stock then he doesn't have a navbar so i guess he uses the hardware buttons too
3rd March 2015, 10:13 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

hello again,

No, i dont use the navbar In cm12 (disabled) I use hardware buttons. If ndg1988 uses stock then he doesn't have a navbar so i guess he uses the hardware buttons too

Hm, I truly don't know then. I really would need the device in hand to test with. I could try to do testing by sending you a file with loads of debug information in it. Would you mind that?
3rd March 2015, 10:26 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Talking Good News
Quote:

I was just an idiot that assumed the activation time was in units of seconds, not milliseconds. This may be what most people are having trouble with. It works well now, so thank you and keep up the good work.
The Following User Says Thank You to ndg1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ndg1988 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)