FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+] Hue Essentials - Philips Hue & IKEA TRÅDFRI

259 posts
Thanks Meter: 202

Post Reply Email Thread
Discover ways to get the most out of your smart lighting.

Imagine unlimited possibilities in your smart home. Set scenes and fast effects to your mood.

Experience Dance Sensation in your entertainment area with Philips Hue Entertainment. Enjoy a more colorful ambiance on your IKEA TRADFRI gateway.

Feel more in control with schedules and automation from sunrise to sunset. Widgets, Shortcuts, Quick setting tiles, and Wear OS help you get more out of your smart lights.

Control multiple bridges simultaneously without switching between them.

Supported bridges
  • Philips Hue bridge
  • IKEA TRÅDFRI gateway
  • deCONZ (ConBee)
  • diyHue

Scenes & effects
Create the perfect ambiance from your photos or the included photo library. Experience special animations like lava, fireplace, fireworks, or lightning.

Wake up at sunrise and go to sleep at sunset with fading lights.

Get into the party on the beats of your music. Sync your lights for a night of disco with strobe effects (updates 25 times/sec).

Quick access
Create rooms and groups to organize your lights. You can even put a light in several groups. Place widgets for temperature sensors, easy control of lights, setting color and brightness without opening of the app.

Add shortcuts to your home screen for quick opening of your room. Control your lights through an optional notification in the notification panel.

Smart lights & controls
The unique ‘Touchlink’ search allows you to find new (3rd party, Zigbee) lights. Use included wizards for easy setup of your devices.

You can set scenes, actions, or even multiple scenes on a button to make your switch a real investment. Experience the right ambiance during different times of your day with your motion sensor. All of your creations are stored on the bridge. Easy for you and your family.

Advanced
Configure endless automation possibilities through the Tasker plugin.

Make it look like you are at home using 'Away from Home' (out of home control).

Communicate directly with your Hue bridge using the API debugger. View technical details of your Hue bridge and update its resources like lights and sensors.

You want it all?
Fast performance with ad-free experience. Purchase the premium version to unlock full content.

Translations
If anybody wants to help out on translations, please check out the Crowdin project at: https://crowdin.com/project/hue-essentials

Download
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 1.jpg
Views:	2104
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	4627752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2.jpg
Views:	2138
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	4627753   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 3.jpg
Views:	2070
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	4627754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 4.jpg
Views:	1922
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	4627756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 5.jpg
Views:	1792
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	4627770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 6.jpg
Views:	1722
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	4627771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 7.jpg
Views:	1650
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	4627772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 8.jpg
Views:	1604
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	4627773   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wear OS screenshot 1.png
Views:	1688
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	4627774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wear OS screenshot 2.png
Views:	1702
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	4627775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wear OS screenshot 3.png
Views:	1656
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	4627776   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wear OS screenshot 4.png
Views:	1462
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	4627777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wear OS screenshot 5.png
Views:	1430
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	4627778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wear OS screenshot 6.png
Views:	1392
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	4627779   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hue Essentials.jpg
Views:	1382
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	4627780  
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to SuperThomasLab For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SuperThomasLab Ad-Free

15th January 2017, 06:40 PM |#2  
Reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperThomasLab For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SuperThomasLab Ad-Free
29th January 2017, 04:45 PM |#3  
Flag Kahramanmaraş
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Great
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobile46 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mobile46 Ad-Free
18th February 2017, 12:46 AM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 422

More
Possiblity of adding Quick tiles support and voice?
The Following User Says Thank You to Deeco7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deeco7 Ad-Free
21st February 2017, 03:47 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeco7

Possiblity of adding Quick tiles support and voice?

Quick Tiles have been developed and have just gone live in 0.12.alpha.

Voice activation is a different story. There is Google Now and Google Assistant to take advantage of. First one can only use their commands ("set an alarm" etc but not really anything related to our app. No "turn on the lights".) The latter has actions that make sense but it is only in a conversation. (Turn on the light, do you want to turn on the light?, What room? Living-room, etc.). It is quicker to buy a button and get it even installed. So, we need a better alternative like Google Assistant Direct Actions. This is not available without signup (yes, I did signup but no response yet). This is for home automation and suits me fine. It is just the wait until Google's response.
6th September 2017, 08:11 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 757

More
wow 7,50 €lol...hell na

i rather use 4 free apps, that do exactly the same ...even so u might have one or two feature ...i wouldn't recommend anybody to buy this DLC app haha
24th September 2017, 10:18 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I bought the app to support the developer, all the upcoming features sound like a dream come true to me. I also like the slick look of the graphics, so thanks a lot and keep up to good work. To anybody else reading this, go ahead and buy this app, it's nice and handy and the upcoming features are even more awesome. Just skip a lunch and starbucks, cheap bastards.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to K405 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift K405 Ad-Free
30th September 2017, 11:13 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please, widgets!
7th October 2017, 01:59 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I just bought the app, and I'm excited about the features, but I am curious about the quick tiles. When I tap on a tile, it just sends me into the configuration screen without toggling the settings of my lights at all. How do I use these to quickly change the settings of my lights? What am I missing?

I have also noticed that my lights will remain stuck on an effect, even if I have tried to change the bulb status via another method (Alexa, or the button on the back of the Hue Go, for examples).
The Following User Says Thank You to kaw143 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kaw143 Ad-Free
7th October 2017, 09:47 PM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by K405

I bought the app to support the developer, all the upcoming features sound like a dream come true to me. I also like the slick look of the graphics, so thanks a lot and keep up to good work. To anybody else reading this, go ahead and buy this app, it's nice and handy and the upcoming features are even more awesome. Just skip a lunch and starbucks, cheap bastards.

Thank you for your positive response. At the moment I am working on bug fixes mainly. I expect that most errors have been dealt with for now. Next features I am working on are the schedules, rules, sensors. These should come through in one of the next releases. Some parts are quite far by now. Main issue is lack of time due to school! Soon it is holidays again and frees up time.
For those who have reported "unknown lights" in the section "all lights", I never knew how many lights Hue Essentials would pick up. I have a hard time finding those lights myself in shops and on the internet. Bought some of those IKEA, Osram, etc, for testing, but must say that Hue lights from Philips are best of them all. Just too bad the Hue lights are so expensive. IKEA lights could do with a real improvement...
Many people joined the translation program through the app. Really wonderful to see all those languages coming through! Thanks for all your support!
7th October 2017, 09:48 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by undy

Please, widgets!

Widgets are on the list. First I am working on schedules/rules/sensors.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, hue, hue essentials, philips hue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)