FORUMS

[APP] Image and Video Date Fixer - Fix your messed up timeline in your gallery

16,083 posts
Thanks Meter: 45,636

Post Reply Email Thread

About Image and Video Date Fixer:
Ever copied images from one phone to another, or from an external storage to your phone and ended up with a messed up timeline in your qgallery?
This happens because the file modification dates of your images have now the date the images were copied at.

Here comes Image and Video Date Fixer to the rescue. It can read the creation date of images and files from its metadata and set that as file modification date.
In case your images do not contain EXIF Metadata, but contains the date in the filename itself, Image and Video Date Fixer can even parse filenames to extract the date and set it as EXIF date attribute. For videos only the file modification date will be set based on the dat.

Premium Version:
The free version allows to process 20 files per batch.
If you want to process more files per batch you can buy the premium version via an in app purchase.

50 premium keys are given out already. I will probably give out more in the telegram chat.
Giving away 50 free premium keys here on xda, if you PM me your activation code (Open the left sidebar menu -> Unlock Premium)

Picture Manager

This feature is also part of my app Picture Manager, decided to duplicate the features into a seperate app, since a lot of users searched for such feature for ages.
Should help people finding this app/feature easier in the playstore.

Telegram Chat

https://t.me/picture_manager

Download Image and Video Date Fixer from the playstore:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20-04-_2020_15-16-04.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	4999467   Click image for larger version

Name:	20-04-_2020_15-16-48.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	4999469   Click image for larger version

Name:	20-04-_2020_15-17-54.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	4999471  
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to j to the 4n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2020, 11:55 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
this is amazing, I was lookig for an app like this for years
The Following User Says Thank You to enrunn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift enrunn Ad-Free
4th May 2020, 01:13 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag apktool d -b -f Freetime.apk xda

Donate to Me
More
Thanks guys and also thanks a lot to the editor @Kvyas for featuring my app!

I sent out about 25 keys already. So half of the free premium codes are gone.
Probably give out more though if there are more requests.
The Following User Says Thank You to j to the 4n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2020, 01:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Edit: nevermind I just bought it, thanks for this app

I wouldn't mind getting a code, there's been some pictures I've downloaded from other devices that show up new when they're about 7 years old
4th May 2020, 01:38 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag apktool d -b -f Freetime.apk xda

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by (krz8)NuKeRaToR

Edit: nevermind I just bought it, thanks for this app

I wouldn't mind getting a code, there's been some pictures I've downloaded from other devices that show up new when they're about 7 years old

If the picture do not contain EXIF Data or the date in the filename to extract it, then there is no way to restore the original date.
Please also check the logs, (notes icon at the top right). If the log says your device is incompatible, restoring the modified date from the EXIf Metadata won't work.
Thats a bug in the Android OS that got fixed on Android 9 or 10, depending on your manufacturer. If you are below 9, it is not possible at all.
4th May 2020, 02:05 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Do you know any application that does the same thing in Windows?
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaos Theory For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chaos Theory Ad-Free
4th May 2020, 02:35 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Theory

Do you know any application that does the same thing in Windows?

There are plenty. I use cPicture to manage my collection. It is the JPEG9 reference app, and it is also great for lossless functions. You can download it for free: cpicture.thecloudsite.net
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tournante For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tournante Ad-Free
4th May 2020, 03:31 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
I have been looking for something like this for ages, great app.
4th May 2020, 03:42 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
A nice addition to my list of apps
4th May 2020, 04:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey! Can I still get the premium code? If not, it'll be really hard for me to chose either premium for your app or the donation package for arter
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)