[APP][MOD][4.4+] Instagram without ads and annoyances

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 159

By Grishka11, Member on 3rd May 2019, 08:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th May 2019, 07:57 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
There are some crashes when I tweaking settings, otherwise good mod.
10th May 2019, 08:49 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Great work, thanks
10th May 2019, 10:30 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I can confirm it crashes when trying to open the followers list
10th May 2019, 10:38 AM |#14  
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 578

More
@Grishka11, for many people its crashing including me. Can you upload a patched version so that its easier for everyone to just install the apk?
10th May 2019, 02:24 PM |#15  
Flag XDA-Forum
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishka11

No. This doesn't touch any of the UI because I aim for it to be as portable between versions as possible. To modify the UI you inevitably have to touch obfuscated code.

Thanks bro, I will wait for the next version because the crashes ...
By the way, I hope one day you can do the same with Facebook app, I know evilwomba does that, but he takes too long to update..
10th May 2019, 02:32 PM |#16  
OP Member
Flag Saint-Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik_193

@Grishka11, for many people its crashing including me. Can you upload a patched version so that its easier for everyone to just install the apk?

What do you mean? This is a patched version. There's a bug in apktool that causes it to crash because of the non-standard way the resources are stored in the original apk to reduce its size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_easy

Thanks bro, I will wait for the next version because the crashes ...
By the way, I hope one day you can do the same with Facebook app, I know evilwomba does that, but he takes too long to update..

I mainly patched Instagram because I use it myself a lot. Facebook isn't a thing where I'm from, so I don't even have the app installed, I use the mobile website on the rare occasions when I need it. I can try, of course...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grishka11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Grishka11 Ad-Free
10th May 2019, 05:37 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Great work and pretty interesting approach. Keep it up!
10th May 2019, 05:49 PM |#18  
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 578

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishka11

What do you mean? This is a patched version. There's a bug in apktool that causes it to crash because of the non-standard way the resources are stored in the original apk to reduce its size.

You are right. The mod is amazing! It was getting very annoying to see ad after every 2nd or 3rd post on insta.
13th May 2019, 10:15 AM |#19  

More
Any news about a possible fix?
13th May 2019, 05:59 PM |#20  
Flag JakARTa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknitewolf

Great work. On the most part, ads are blocked. However, branded content shows up in the feed sometimes. I think there's an internal setting called "branded content show settings" not sure if this is the right option.

Also has anyone figured out which internal flag switches the feed back to a linear post history instead of the personalized one?

Edit:
To those who can't seem to install the apk, you have to disable Play Protect in the Google Play Store as that is blocking apps with an unknown signature from being installed.

confirmed about sponsored post shows up sometimes.
keep up the good work!
14th May 2019, 02:02 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quite useful. It doesn't bother me at all the followers/following crashes and a few more, I prefer no ads. Good job!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)