FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][MOD] iYTBP - original YouTube app with background playback and removed ads

348 posts
Thanks Meter: 363

By Master_T, Senior Member on 21st February 2017, 08:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
iYTBP - injected YouTube Background Playback

What is this?
This is a modded version of the original YouTube app that:
  • enables background / screen-off playback
  • removes ads (thanks to @arter97)
This app does the same exact thing that the "YouTube Background Playback" xPosed module does... but without xPosed
Requires root (see FAQ)

F.A.Q.
Q: Did you create this?
A:
This mod is based upon the source code of the following xPosed module:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.p...groundplayback
All credits for the research behind this go to the authors of the module.
I merely "ported" it to the original YouTube APK for all the people that don't have xPosed

Q: Why does this exist?
A: Because not everyone has xPosed, especially now that Nougat is starting to spread to more and more devices

Q: Why does this require root?
A: because YouTube, like many Google Apps, has a dedicated signature check that won't let this app run when installed as a user app. It needs to be installed in the system partition, which requires root

Q: Does this mod also remove ads from YT?
A: I use arter97's adblocked YT apks as the base for this, so yes!

Q: Will you add Video Downloads / Feature X, Y, Z, etc. ?
A: No

Q: Will you keep this up to date?
A: Probably not. I will update it when YT adds some new feature that I'm interested in, or if the old apk stops working

Instructions
YOU WILL NEED ROOT FOR THIS!

First step: UNINSTALL EXISTING YOUTUBE if you have it. Recommend using one of the many system apps Uninstallers that you can find on the play store, or a file manager that can delete from /system/app

Using your phone:
Download the APK for your cpu architecture
Use a file manager to place the APK in an empty folder, so it contains only the APK
Use a file manager that can write to /system (i.e: has root support) to copy the folder that contains the APK to /system/app
Use the same file manager to set permission 755 on the folder that contains the APK and permission 644 to the APK file itself
Reboot
Enjoy!

Using ADB:
Download the correct version for your CPU architecture
Enable ADB debug on your device and connect your phone via usb
Open a terminal in the directory where you downloaded the modded iYTBP apk and issue the following commands:
Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb push iytbp-12.05.53_arm64.apk /system/app
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/iytbp-12.05.53_arm64.apk
adb reboot
enjoy!
Using Magisk:
Download the Magisk module for your CPU version
Do whatever you have to do to enable it (I don't use magisk so I don't know how it works )
OFFICIAL DOWNLOADS

APK version BACKGROUND PLAYBACK + ADBLOCKED
Thanks to @arter97 for the adblocked YT apks!

UNOFFICIAL DOWNLOADS
These alternative versions/mirrors have been kindly provided by other contributors. Install at your own risk, I decline any responsibility on these files and can't offer you support for them! They may also be outdated!!

Download links (Magisk Module)
Links kindly provided by @Anova's Origin. Adblocked versions.

Download links (All versions - AFH Mirror by Jimsilver73)
The Following 158 Users Say Thank You to Master_T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Master_T Ad-Free

21st February 2017, 09:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 260

More
thanks!does modules swipetoseek and y.t adaway cooperate with this app?

Στάλθηκε από το SGP611 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
21st February 2017, 09:13 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k

thanks!does modules swipetoseek and y.t adaway cooperate with this app?

Στάλθηκε από το SGP611 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

They should work,this is based on the original YouTube app. But if you have xposed, know that this does the same thing as the "YouTube background playback" module.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Master_T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Master_T Ad-Free
21st February 2017, 09:16 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 260

More
thanks dude.personally I dont live without xposed 😀 I just want to tell some guys who dont have xposed,to know!
22nd February 2017, 12:30 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 325

More
This is great, very nice work. I will watch to see if anybody steps up to develop a version of this with ad blocking (even though the OP has preemptively said he won't do it) as that's more important, but I sure wish I could have both.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilverZero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SilverZero Ad-Free
22nd February 2017, 12:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tested on victara (32-bit) and it's working so far.
Great work OP, Thanks.
22nd February 2017, 04:52 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Worked on HTC 10 running on 2.41.709.3! Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kim Lu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kim Lu Ad-Free
22nd February 2017, 07:05 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Can anyone point me to a guide or an example of how to build a flashable zip from this?
Particularly how to find and remove the old YT apk, installing the new one seems relatively straightforward
22nd February 2017, 09:40 PM |#9  
Flag framework-res
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Looks Interesting I'm still downloading it
Would you like to try the link for Flashable Zip!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/che...-apps-t3255159
The Following User Says Thank You to الفلسطيني For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift الفلسطيني Ad-Free
22nd February 2017, 09:40 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Would this work if you do the same process but using an Ad-Free patched apk like the ones on this thread ?

Thanks for doing this
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishtaar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ishtaar Ad-Free
23rd February 2017, 06:48 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaar

Would this work if you do the same process but using an Ad-Free patched apk like the ones on this thread ?

Thanks for doing this

It should... I might try it this weekend, will let you know. Tho I see the apks are almost double the size of the original ones... hope they don't contain any "hidden surprises"...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master_T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Master_T Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)