Thanks Meter: 671

By bambapin, Senior Member on 16th January 2015, 09:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th May 2019, 03:36 PM |#1771  
OP Senior Member
Flag Roma

More
Thank you very much. The limitation on starting apps in background in Android Q, is likely to be a big problem for both JINA and other apps that use overlays (or those that automate tasks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by igloohed73

Sorry for the delay either missed or didn't get this notification. Anyway, yes sometimes there has been a delay. Has been very inconsistent in that regard. However I just installed the latest beta for Jina a little while ago & that inconsistent lag has seemed to disappear, fingers crossed.

29th May 2019, 04:09 AM |#1772  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can Icon Pack Studio be used in JINA?
Can icons generated from Icon Pack Studio be used in JINA? I've generated icons but I haven't been able to figure out how to get them to show up in JINA. Only icon packs from the playstore show up in JINA. Any pointers?
29th May 2019, 07:15 AM |#1773  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 369

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdatok

Can icons generated from Icon Pack Studio be used in JINA? I've generated icons but I haven't been able to figure out how to get them to show up in JINA. Only icon packs from the playstore show up in JINA. Any pointers?

Yes, I use IPS. To use the generated icon pack go to menu > look and feel then choose the icon pack (see image).

You can also long press an app icon and choose 'app details' then 'reset/ set icon' and choose the individual icon.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190529_070746.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	4767626Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190529_070448.jpg
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	4767630Click image for larger version

Name:	29-May-2019-07-03-55.jpg
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	4767631

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kam333 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kam333 Ad-Free
29th May 2019, 10:08 AM |#1774  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Re: Can Icon Pack Studio be used in JINA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam333

Yes, I use IPS. To use the generated icon pack go to menu > look and feel then choose the icon pack (see image).

You can also long press an app icon and choose 'app details' then 'reset/ set icon' and choose the individual icon.Attachment 4767626Attachment 4767630Attachment 4767631

Yes, I had been doing what you wrote but the icon pack would not show up in JINA. I finally got this working by loading Nova instead of SL5, (probably could have used stock as well), and then opening IPS to export. This actually exported the icon pack, which then showed up in JINA. Somehow when using SL5, IPS would not export something that could be viewed in JINA.

Hope that helps someone else...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xdatok For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdatok Ad-Free
4th June 2019, 02:21 PM |#1775  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambapin

Yes i can understand... the difficulty is that it is not possible to simply change a parameter (perhaps because it would have been too easy and the android developers would have been bored ) but it is necessary to completely replace the long press management function provided by Android and to do this i also have to give up all the other automatisms related to the gestures and therefore i have to rewrite those too.
A couple of questions to see if it is possible to think a
bout a workaround: do you have root? eventually (i have to check the feasibility) a double tap instead of the shorter long press could be fine?

OH sorry, I thought it was simple, like changing system default delay. But as you said, Google makes sure developers are entertained ;D
Sure, I have root.
Thank you for answering and the best app to keep my billion others in check
7th June 2019, 04:46 PM |#1776  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just downloaded - need some sidebar help
What is the best way to have a specific list of apps only in the side bar? I have created a tag set, and filtered on that in the sidebar, but it goes back to all apps very frequently. Is there a better way to manage this?

Thanks!
7th June 2019, 06:21 PM |#1777  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 369

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quality26

What is the best way to have a specific list of apps only in the side bar? I have created a tag set, and filtered on that in the sidebar, but it goes back to all apps very frequently. Is there a better way to manage this?

Thanks!

Have you tried using favourites only setting?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190607_182040.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	4773115

The Following User Says Thank You to kam333 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kam333 Ad-Free
10th June 2019, 07:26 PM |#1778  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam333

Have you tried using favourites only setting?Attachment 4773115

That has done the trick so far. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Quality26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quality26 Ad-Free
12th June 2019, 07:27 PM |#1779  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi! Two suggestions related to search tool. It would be great if:

- "search mode on startup" option could be applied in folders view too.
- "search by name in folders" could search folders and subfolders names too. I don't know if "search by name in folders: apps, shortcuts, subfolders" described in the changelog means you can do that, but actually it only searches apps and shortcuts names.

Thanks in advance!

Jina version: 3.3.0b1190.1905310933
Device: Honor 8
12th June 2019, 08:53 PM |#1780  
OP Senior Member
Flag Roma

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirnic

Hi! Two suggestions related to search tool. It would be great if:

- "search mode on startup" option could be applied in folders view too.
- "search by name in folders" could search folders and subfolders names too. I don't know if "search by name in folders: apps, shortcuts, subfolders" described in the changelog means you can do that, but actually it only searches apps and shortcuts names.

Thanks in advance!

Jina version: 3.3.0b1190.1905310933
Device: Honor 8

Hi, search by name should match folder names if the option search in subfolders is switched off.
When that option is set all folders are expanded and only their content is shown.
Do you think it should show also the folders?
12th June 2019, 09:18 PM |#1781  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambapin

Hi, search by name should match folder names if the option search in subfolders is switched off.
When that option is set all folders are expanded and only their content is shown.
Do you think it should show also the folders?

In my case, I have three main folders. One of them has 19 sub live folders and some of these 19 contains more sub live folders. So, being able to search apps and folders at the same time from the main folders view, would be so useful to quickly find them in this complex tree 😅
The Following User Says Thank You to Nirnic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nirnic Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app drawer, app organizer, launcher, sidebar

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)