Post Reply Email Thread
27th March 2019, 10:38 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 45

More
New version!

1.1.0 Beta 1
Added
  • Setting to change the long-press delay.
  • Persistent notification which can pause/resume your remaps. It can also open the accessibility settings on the device to enable/disable the service. Rooted devices can start/stop the accessibility service without going into settings and just tap the notification.
  • Use Material Design 2 for homescreen.

Bugs Fixed
  • Persistent notifications wouldn't show on boot
  • The app would crash if using the "open google assistant" action if the Google app wasn't installed.
  • Prevent the accessibility service from stopping if there is a fatal exception and show a toast when it happens.
31st March 2019, 11:53 AM |#12  
OP Member

More
New version!

1.1.0 Beta 2
  • Won't immediately crash on KitKat anymore!
Bug Fixes
  • Persistent IME notification wouldn't automatically show when it is enabled.
  • App would crash if it couldn't find the device's accessibility settings page.
31st March 2019, 08:26 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Feature request:
App currently conflicts if the same button is mapped twice

Example
Short press mute = play/pause
Long press mute= open notification drawer

Result:
Long press mute results in both actions being performed.

Expected result:
Long press mute key should not activate the short press mapping

Fixes:
1. Change short press so that it ONLY activates if the button is RELEASED before the long press kicks in (should be around 500ms)

(Long press delay meaning how long the key must be held before performing the function)
Long press actions should happen if the button is NOT released within that time.

2. Multi-triggers should have a flag for "in sequence" that makes them work in sequence instead simultaneously. In sequence enabled should also Grey out / disable the long press flag on the current trigger.
And you should be able to set the same trigger twice.
Example: vol up, vol up = quick settings

To do this, you'd have to make it so that short presses are only activated if the button is released before the long press delay AND there are no other key presses within 300ms of releasing it

Great app.
Thanks
1st April 2019, 12:31 AM |#14  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nah.uhh

Feature request:
App currently conflicts if the same button is mapped twice

Example
Short press mute = play/pause
Long press mute= open notification drawer

Result:
Long press mute results in both actions being performed.

Expected result:
Long press mute key should not activate the short press mapping

Fixes:
1. Change short press so that it ONLY activates if the button is RELEASED before the long press kicks in (should be around 500ms)

(Long press delay meaning how long the key must be held before performing the function)
Long press actions should happen if the button is NOT released within that time.

2. Multi-triggers should have a flag for "in sequence" that makes them work in sequence instead simultaneously. In sequence enabled should also Grey out / disable the long press flag on the current trigger.
And you should be able to set the same trigger twice.
Example: vol up, vol up = quick settings

To do this, you'd have to make it so that short presses are only activated if the button is released before the long press delay AND there are no other key presses within 300ms of releasing it

Great app.
Thanks

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to implement/fix these problems. They should be relatively easy to fix (hopefully). 😀
4th April 2019, 09:33 PM |#15  
OP Member

More
New version!

1.1.0 Beta 3
  • Reduced the repeat delay to 5ms
  • Force expand the menu on the homescreen
  • Made the cards on the homescreen slightly more compact

Added
  • Flag to vibrate and an option to force vibrate for all actions
  • Action which just consumes the keyevent and does nothing
  • Action to lock the device (ROOT only for now) and an option to lock the device securely (without root).

Bug fixes
  • The bottom app bar on the homescreen would overlap the list items
  • The app would potentially crash when trying to perform a flashlight action whilst the camera is in use in another app.
  • Short press actions with the same trigger as a long press action would be performed with the long press action
  • A keymap would still have the "Show volume dialog" flag if the action is changed to a non volume related action
  • The app would crash if trying to show the menu on the homescreen if it is already showing.
  • The accessibility service status on the homescreen wouldn't change when the service is started/stopped.
6th April 2019, 06:24 PM |#16  
Flag Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 2,049

More
Hi,
it is possible to make it work with the Mi Box S controller? Especially with the Netflix and Live buttons, I tried the back button and it works, but not those two "special" buttons. I will be very grateful

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8704F using XDA Labs
6th April 2019, 06:49 PM |#17  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja_som

Hi,
it is possible to make it work with the Mi Box S controller? Especially with the Netflix and Live buttons, I tried the back button and it works, but not those two "special" buttons. I will be very grateful

Do the other buttons also work? I'm guessing the Netflix and Live buttons don't send a standard KeyEvent which apps installed by the user can see. Xiaomi probably have some agreement with Netfix to have that button there to drive more people to Netflix which is why they don't want us changing it.
6th April 2019, 11:22 PM |#18  
Flag Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 2,049

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sds100

Do the other buttons also work? I'm guessing the Netflix and Live buttons don't send a standard KeyEvent which apps installed by the user can see. Xiaomi probably have some agreement with Netfix to have that button there to drive more people to Netflix which is why they don't want us changing it.

Most buttons work, home, back, left, right, up and down are recognized propperly. OK and 'all apps' (not sure if it the right name of that button) have no name in triggers but they work. If I try to record trigger with vol. up or down, it is not recorded, it just changes the volume. The mic. button is recorded with no name, but when I try to use it to trigger the action it does nothing.

6th April 2019, 11:35 PM |#19  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja_som

Most buttons work, home, back, left, right, up and down are recognized propperly. OK and 'all apps' (not sure if it the right name of that button) have no name in triggers but they work. If I try to record trigger with vol. up or down, it is not recorded, it just changes the volume. The mic. button is recorded with no name, but when I try to use it to trigger the action it does nothing.

Hmmm... I'll firstly add names to more buttons so they aren't blank. I'm sorry but I don't really know what to do. This behaviour sounds like the accessibility service is broken somehow and needs disabling and then enabling. This has happened to me before during development. But it is likely those buttons won't work. It's quite hit and miss when it comes to non-standard buttons/controllers unfortunately.
7th April 2019, 01:08 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
No success with Bixby button on S10
7th April 2019, 01:10 AM |#21  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparex

No success with Bixby button on S10

Yeah. I'm going to add support for it at some point. It's on the big to-do list on GitHub. 😀
The Following User Says Thank You to sds100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sds100 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)