FORUMS

[APP][4.1+] Kiwi Browser🐦 Chromium + Adblock + CAF + Night Mode 2020-04-17|Active

444 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,663

By arnaud42, Senior Member on 30th May 2018, 08:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th May 2018, 08:13 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
I think I know what it is,

Can you go to chrome://flags in the address bar
and set "New Media Controls" (#enable-new-media-controls) to "Disabled" ?

If that works, then I know what to change by default
I closely followed development of these new media controls (I am working on gestures for media playing), and they seem to be very buggy so I wouldn't be surprised if they were the cause of the fullscreen not ok.

Note: maybe it's not related to media controls, but I strongly suspect it.

Let me know if this solves the problem,

Btw, yes of course I want to fix it that's a major thing
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arnaud42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arnaud42 Ad-Free
30th May 2018, 08:29 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
The more I read the answer, the less I'm sure it's the cause

Let me know, I'm very curious on that one if disabling the modern media controls solves it.
Otherwise I'll find a way to reproduce.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arnaud42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arnaud42 Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 02:36 AM |#13  
Flag Malang
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Extremely fast and nice

I don't know if it's possible, but any way to bring this kind of tabs?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180531-083347.png
Views:	3622
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	4514484  
31st May 2018, 03:27 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
extension support like yandex will benefit
31st May 2018, 06:27 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Nice to see another Chromium fork, especially from my own country! 😁

I have some suggestions though:

1) Please consider open-sourcing the browser for trustworthiness and copying (the more forks we have, the better they get)
2) Do consider enabling the flags in chrome://flags instead of target arguments, that would bring an easy overview of what is already enabled and what isn't.
3) I'm not sure how much you changed the ad blocking compared to the built-in one, but the menu has an option "Hide annoying ads" - would it be possible to hide all ads instead?
31st May 2018, 06:38 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Is there any way to hide the status bar.. As shown in the screenshots of the browser??
31st May 2018, 07:22 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
I can't begin to express how much I love this browsers. It is fast, really really fast, like puffin fast. I don't know what you did but its too damn good. I have struggled to get a good browsers which offers the perfect blend of speed adblocking and ui and kiwi provides just that. It didn't took 10 min to make me fall in love with it. The adblocking works as charm. I do have adaway for ads but the cosmetic filtering is what i wanted for ages. Really keep up the good work.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotkoer

Nice to see another Chromium fork, especially from my own country! 😁

1) Please consider open-sourcing the browser for trustworthiness and copying (the more forks we have, the better they get)
2) Do consider enabling the flags in chrome://flags instead of target arguments, that would bring an easy overview of what is already enabled and what isn't.
3) I'm not sure how much you changed the ad blocking compared to the built-in one, but the menu has an option "Hide annoying ads" - would it be possible to hide all ads instead?

3) hide annoying ads is probably cosmetic filtering, it hides the blocked ad banner its per site option like in brave. Not sure what you mean, are u asking to rename?

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytfusokhszxc

Is there any way to hide the status bar.. As shown in the screenshots of the browser??

I don't think so, its mostly rom feature called expanded desktop.
The Following User Says Thank You to prathu30 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prathu30 Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 07:22 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prathu30

3) hide annoying ads is probably cosmetic filtering, it hides the blocked ad banner its per site option like in brave. Not sure what you mean, are u asking to rename?

If it really is what you claim it to be, yes, a rename would make sense too. For example, "hide ad placeholders".

Otherwise I expected it to be Adblock Plus-style where some ads are whitelisted.
31st May 2018, 08:03 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPW00

To get even more crazy, is there anyway to bring back the URL bar at the bottom?

fvck yeah
I'm working on that at the moment (along with Speed Dial and tons of fixes).
The main reason why it's not done yet is that during the switch from Chrome Home to Chrome Duplex, Google moved the code all over the place and refactored almost everything, so it's not just "reviving" the feature, but really to reimplement it.

It's planned, I have a very big (and slippery) phone, and I broke it because of no Omnibox at the bottom (my phone is more slippery than a soap bar).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arnaud42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arnaud42 Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 08:05 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khnoizer

Extremely fast and nice

I don't know if it's possible, but any way to bring this kind of tabs?

I have tried, it doesn't render well because the space taken is huge, but it is on the list.
I'll upload some screenshots next week I guess
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arnaud42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arnaud42 Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 08:11 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotkoer

Nice to see another Chromium fork, especially from my own country!

1) This is planned
2) What about adding the value that is behind the "Default" in chrome://flags ? Would that work for you ?
3) I'll answer below with more details, otherwise the answer is: "It is really much changed", but it doesn't work so well on Estonian websites as I didn't have time to write rules for it yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)