FORUMS

[APP][4.1+] Kiwi Browser­čÉŽ Chromium + Adblock + CAF + Night Mode 2020-04-17|Active

444 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,663

By arnaud42, Senior Member on 30th May 2018, 08:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2020, 09:04 PM |#3142  
Flag Within the Matrix
Thanks Meter: 6,836

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youtube_Ll0r3nt3

No update

Very insightful post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goku80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Goku80 Ad-Free
22nd May 2020, 09:18 PM |#3143  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku80

Very insightful post

Like the one you just did hehehe regards
23rd May 2020, 12:48 AM |#3144  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twotems

Kiwi is still my default and works flawlessly. However I've encountered a very odd issue lately and I'm replying your post because you seem to be quite experienced.

I just changed to the Adguard private dns along with my vpn running Wireguard. So now I have an adblocker and vpn running at the same time across both mobile data and wifi. Great. However, when I'm on mobile data I can't browse on Kiwi but don't have that issue with Samsung Internet and Via browsers. Switching off the vpn solves the problem but that's not what I want. Is there a setting I'm overlooking?

P.S. This happens with all vpn protocols (Wireguard, UDP, TCP, Ikev2 and Open vpn).

Sorry to hijack the thread how do you get adblocking and a VPN running together? I have express VPN but it disconnects whenever try connect dns66 so I have to choose VPN or ads
23rd May 2020, 06:20 AM |#3145  
Flag Pova┼żsk├í Bystrica
Thanks Meter: 161

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teostar

Sorry to hijack the thread how do you get adblocking and a VPN running together? I have express VPN but it disconnects whenever try connect dns66 so I have to choose VPN or ads

You can't run two VPN at once. You can block ads by uBlock extension.
23rd May 2020, 10:45 AM |#3146  
Thanks Meter: 211

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teostar

You can't run two vpn's. If you're on Android 9 and above use the Private DNS and set it to dns.adguard.com. Works for both wifi and mobile data.

If you're on older android versions long press on the wifi you're connected to then modify, advanced, static and change your dns to Adguards 176.103.130.130 and 176.103.130.131. But I use the AdClear dns 35.223.113.18 as my primary dns on my older devices. However these settings only work on wifi. My routers are also set up the same way.

Some ads will leak through (not on Kiwi of course) but it's an excellent alternative if you want to still use your vpn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubalav

You can't run two VPN at once. You can block ads by uBlock extension.

uBlock extension is for browsers only so not much use. Besides that Kiwi already blocks ads so what's the point?
The Following User Says Thank You to Twotems For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Twotems Ad-Free
23rd May 2020, 03:21 PM |#3147  
Flag Brandon
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Hi,
Since this great browser went open source, now I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever see an update?
30th May 2020, 07:26 AM |#3148  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Good news: now automatic builds seem to work so that you can download from the releases site on GitHub: https://github.com/kiwibrowser/src/releases

A problem I've encountered is that you first have to uninstall the Play Store version before you can use the GitHub one. However, arnaud's working on a fix:
https://github.com/kiwibrowser/src/issues/103

In the meantime I went with: back up of data in titanium > uninstall Play Store > install GitHub version > restore data. All good so far.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dachfenster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dachfenster Ad-Free
30th May 2020, 07:48 AM |#3149  
Thanks Meter: 1,387

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachfenster

Good news: now automatic builds seem to work so that you can download from the releases site on GitHub: https://github.com/kiwibrowser/src/releases

A problem I've encountered is that you first have to uninstall the Play Store version before you can use the GitHub one. However, arnaud's working on a fix:
https://github.com/kiwibrowser/src/issues/103

In the meantime I went with: back up of data in titanium > uninstall Play Store > install GitHub version > restore data. All good so far.

Nice. That's awesome ­čą░
30th May 2020, 02:40 PM |#3150  
Flag Brandon
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Hi Everyone,
I noticed that there are several beta versions of kiwi available on the github.com website. My biggest problem is my LG V30 phone isn't rooted, so I can't utilize the titanium backup app, what makes it even worse is the fact that a long time ago I purchased the pro key for the app. Does anyone know how I can still backup my current kiwi data with a different app that doesn't require root?
Thanks,
David
30th May 2020, 06:53 PM |#3151  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This version have unlocked messenger???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)