FORUMS

[APP][4.1+] Kiwi Browser🐦 Chromium + Adblock + CAF + Night Mode 2020-04-17|Active

444 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,668

By arnaud42, Senior Member on 30th May 2018, 08:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th May 2020, 06:53 PM |#3151  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This version have unlocked messenger???
31st May 2020, 12:25 PM |#3152  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
@arnaud42 want to report a bug that i've been facing since months, & is even present on the new version that i installed from GitHub.

For E.g. when i want to unsubscribe from a website through kiwi, the unsubscribe button does not work. The same works well on Chrome.

Same happens with some common websites where some of the functionalities does not work.
Like: "https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/#", "freecharge.in"

I've been using kiwi for almost an year, it works really well. Kudos to you for putting so much hard work and providing us a great browser experience!
31st May 2020, 04:46 PM |#3153  

More
Hi Everyone,
kiwi browser does not have the extensions installed and stays the default.The program crashes every time the browser switches to a landscape state.*I don't know what's going on.But Firefox Nightly works fine.
I use deepl translation. Sorry for my English.
Version:Quadea(playstore);Git200526
1st June 2020, 09:10 AM |#3154  
Flag Villupuram
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Deleted.
2nd June 2020, 06:29 AM |#3155  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moro7

This version have unlocked messenger???

what/which messenger?
2nd June 2020, 08:18 AM |#3156  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan164

what/which messenger?

i mean inside the app the fb messenger is unlock or i have to install extra the messenger?? because when i push the messenger button it's open the playstore page to download messenger, in the previous version the fb messenger opens inside the Kiwi browser without ask to download the messenger from playstore
2nd June 2020, 12:04 PM |#3157  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachfenster

Good news: now automatic builds seem to work so that you can download from the releases site on GitHub:

A problem I've encountered is that you first have to uninstall the Play Store version before you can use the GitHub one. However, arnaud's working on a fix:

In the meantime I went with: back up of data in titanium > uninstall Play Store > install GitHub version > restore data. All good so far.

So that means, when I install die latest build of Kiwi on Github, Kiwi always will be updated automatically?
2nd June 2020, 07:38 PM |#3158  
Flag Alicante
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Can anyome confirm me if the next releases of Kiwi browser will be only released from gitgub? Is the Play Store version going to be removed?
3rd June 2020, 02:39 AM |#3159  
Thanks Meter: 1,799

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaboy89

So that means, when I install die latest build of Kiwi on Github, Kiwi always will be updated automatically?

Nope.
3rd June 2020, 06:19 AM |#3160  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukar

Hi Everyone,
kiwi browser does not have the extensions installed and stays the default.The program crashes every time the browser switches to a landscape state.*I don't know what's going on.But Firefox Nightly works fine.
I use deepl translation. Sorry for my English.
Version:Quadea(playstore);Git200526

Try another version.
3rd June 2020, 06:52 AM |#3161  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theasters

Try another version.

Which version? I'm using Release 115617514-arm64
It may be a solution thought, but I can't compile.
The browser can switch directions normally when the following part of mController.onConfigurationChanged(newConfig) is commented out.
1. Locale locale = newConfig.locale;
2. if (!mLocale.equals(locale)) {
3. if ((getController()!=null)&&(getController().getCurr entTab()!=null))
4. getController().getCurrentTab().reShowGeolocationP ermissionsPrompt();
5. mLocale = locale;
6. }

The role of some codes
The Locale object can get some properties related to the configuration.
mLocale is the local object of the current application, and locale is the locale object contained in the new incoming settings.
This code assigns the program's locale to the newly changed configuration locale
Looking at the assignment of mLocale, it was found that mLocale was not assigned, causing the program to crash.”
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)