FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+] Krypton Web Browser - Private, fast, simple.

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By Kr36, Junior Member on 30th November 2014, 09:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
We wanted a better baseline for web browsing (simple, private, ad free, anonymous), so we built Krypton.

Krypton Anonymous

Krypton Anonymous is:
  • Focused on security, privacy, and anonymity. Never saves or transmits your browsing habits. Tightly integrated with Tor and HTTPS Everywhere. Loads each tab is an isolated OS process, with it’s own cookie store and local storage.
  • Minimal mobile friendly design and experience.
  • Open source, based on the Chromium project. Not a Web view. Find us on Github.

Additionally Krypton Anonymous has upgrades for ad blocking, full screen browsing, history, auto-login and other "everyday" browsing features.

Download Now: Search for "Krypton Anonymous" on Google Play

Email: [email protected]

Edit:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kr36.krypton.x
https://github.com/kr36/seaturtle
Latest Version: 100-899
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to Kr36 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kr36 Ad-Free

1st December 2014, 07:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 330

More
Please attach apk to OP.
Not everyone has / has access to play store.
Thank you in advance

Adding Latest version number and changelog also would be great.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to m0d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m0d Ad-Free
12th December 2014, 05:47 AM |#3  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I have been using free version for sometime and I find its one of the best tor bundled browser even still it is in beta stage. It is so simple to setup & surf anonymous. Besides it works most of the time and faster than Tor browser for desktop.
It is nice to see developer has started XDA thread, I have couple of questions
what's difference between free and pro version other than being ad-free, are there any extra settings available?
Do I get any alert in case if browser fails to Tor networks?

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to nagendraps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nagendraps Ad-Free
12th December 2014, 06:20 AM |#4  
Flag Bellshill
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Neat little app, it's great to finally see a lovely designed browser that actually works and the tor addition is great and very handy !
The Following User Says Thank You to ScottishPhoenix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ScottishPhoenix Ad-Free
12th December 2014, 06:52 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Great work! I love when someone take security seriously and goes full transparency.
Quick question, though: I already have Tor installed and are torifying all apps. Would it mess with my installed version of Tor to install Krypton? And would I be able to use the bundled Tor the same way as the full Tor package from Google Play?

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lambert Verner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lambert Verner Ad-Free
12th December 2014, 07:41 AM |#6  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 96

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Please Upload apk!
It is requested that u please upload apk,
12th December 2014, 07:44 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagendraps

I have been using free version for sometime and I find its one of the best tor bundled browser even still it is in beta stage. It is so simple to setup & surf anonymous. Besides it works most of the time and faster than Tor browser for desktop.
It is nice to see developer has started XDA thread, I have couple of questions
what's difference between free and pro version other than being ad-free, are there any extra settings available?
Do I get any alert in case if browser fails to Tor networks?

thanks

Glad to hear you like our app! The paid version has history and favorites, and additionally unlocks features in both apps, such as ad block, full screen browsing, and find in page support.
If Tor disconnects you will be notified via a black bar that appears just above the URL (the same one that appears when Tor is connecting). You can also long press the Tor icon to see the Tor log.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kr36 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kr36 Ad-Free
12th December 2014, 07:52 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,631

More
Instead of having the apk do u plan to share on F-Droid?
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primokorn Ad-Free
12th December 2014, 07:54 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert Verner

Great work! I love when someone take security seriously and goes full transparency.
Quick question, though: I already have Tor installed and are torifying all apps. Would it mess with my installed version of Tor to install Krypton? And would I be able to use the bundled Tor the same way as the full Tor package from Google Play?

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work!

Hey Lambert,
Glad you are enjoying our work! Using Krypton's bundled copy of Tor should not interfere with Orbot. If you want to use other apps with Tor, I suggest keeping Orbot. Soon we will be providing a way to specify a custom proxy, (e.g. Orbot) instead of the bundled Tor. Stay tuned!
12th December 2014, 08:03 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0d

Please attach apk to OP.
Not everyone has / has access to play store.
Thank you in advance

Adding Latest version number and changelog also would be great.

Hey m0d,
The app has a large native component (a shared library that is ~19MB), so the full apk exceeds XDA's limits for upload.
12th December 2014, 08:22 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,631

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr36

Hey m0d,
The app has a large native component (a shared library that is ~19MB), so the full apk exceeds XDA's limits for upload.

FYI: http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...the-xda-devdb/
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primokorn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)