[APP][4.0+] LifeStats - Automatic Journal

Search This thread

zoharby

Feb 25, 2014
LifeStats by Placer Labs

Experience a whole new way of examining your life!

LifeStats automatically records every place you go and generates a daily journal of your activity.
Effortlessly understand where you spend your time and other cool statistics that will help you analyze and improve your life.

Have you wondered how long you stay at home or work, the name of the restaurant you visited last week, or where did that last Friday go?

Simply download the LifeStats app, run it and let LifeStats do the work – it is that easy!
So join us and start using your personalized data to have the life you want.

Note: LifeStats uses background location tracking using a technology we've perfected through a lot of hard work. It is very battery efficient, and as opposed to other such services its battery usage is usually barely noticeable.

Download from Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.placer.lifestats

Screenshots:

38H04sZRcVp__DN8Q6qZsVchdDvW80OazzMiSYOqRedmJ2AjHkCdRCKIk4OhvLrlPA=h900-rw

lOP1a0yWAYVhizF3njNcBChEmDkaRR6yG7wp1FtqyrjwhvdKqN3FZ58hT0xrnAfj7RM=h900-rw

XjTDCV1keCOgSyKNcwh-EugPHkPkObnV_TQevH1qRVTcmCrNS4Dgs-PqoyU8pYFGSeY=h900-rw

JR4dJYjk6sRdzU0VXSlg59aXncomjWBYSSTf4DKV7fscK4pSiQ-_9KlZkzxfmQ_rzGc=h900-rw

zoharby

Feb 25, 2014
Look's nice but i already use chronos for this

Sent through my beastly SM-T320 using Tapatalk⁴

Our battery usage is much lower than Chronos.

On Kitkat, Chronos usually shows up with 5-7% of total battery usage.
LifeStats rarely shows up on the battery usage screen (and when it rarely does, it's usually at 2%)

TazZHD

Apr 3, 2011
I have installed your app and I will test it!

Will I get an info or a reminder on sundays evening to review my last week? Would be an awesome feature!? Guess what I mean?

Pirat7388

Dec 17, 2010
Login

Hi,
I'm currently trying lifestats on my Nexus 5. Nearly every time I access the app, I have to login. What can I do to change that?

tonnykstark

Aug 18, 2014
Hi Developer,

Is it the App for Automation testing? M I right...
It is a static data u taken and made a note book like app... is it so?
If it is like that, then it may be a good guide also...

Sjewrd

Nov 1, 2010
Looks awesome!
Really could use an app like this.
But internet permission and linking to an account is a big no-no for an app that tracks everything i do.
Make the account optional, and I'd really be interested.

TazZHD

Apr 3, 2011
Your app told me that I have visited a car dealer some hours ago, but to be exact I was at my friend´s flat (and in his wifi network). How can I tell your app this?

And Foursquare doesnt know my gym!

And please use Android Material Design!

Last edited:

grenness

Dec 19, 2008
Oslo
installed it first on my phone (stock sony z1c), crashed on the first launch then seemed to work.
then installed on my teclast p98 tablet, crashed on first launch then seemed to work.
but apparently data doesn't sync between devices, or ...? I logged in with my google account on both devices.

Sent from my P98 3G八核(A3HY) using Tapatalk

shailevy

Oct 25, 2008
Thanks for all the comment - Lets dig in

Hi Everyone,
zoharby that posted this is a co-founder (along with me and a few others) in a startup company placer.io , LifeStats shows some of the abilities our SDK's provides for the client side (much more on the server side), we welcome anyone that would like to use our SDK (also iOS), just contact us.
Back to the LifeStats, I'm the actual client side programmer who coded the Android app and I will try to be active here and answer any question, I love the xda community and hearing from you will surely improve the app as we go along, please stay active.

Lets start:

Will I get an info or a reminder on sundays evening to review my last week? Would be an awesome feature!? Guess what I mean?

I find such reminders pretty bothering and tend to lead to uninstalls, I'm pretty surprising your asking for this. I can add it pretty quickly if I hear more requests or when we think of something fun to tell you about your week :)

Maybe a lifestats on/off option, to disable or enable tracking.

We don't hog the battery but I guess you want that for privacy, I will try to add it somewhere in the UI, stay tuned

You have to attach the app to either Facebook or Google+ or you can't sign in? Is there a typical email sign in option I missed?

We only read the age and gender from FB/G+ , it helps us better identify the venues you visit. At some point we will add a quick dialog to provide this info, for now you can be sure we don't abuse or post or do anything you will feel or dislike

Hi,
I'm currently trying lifestats on my Nexus 5. Nearly every time I access the app, I have to login. What can I do to change that?

Thanks for the bug report, I will try to figure out what's causing this and try to fix, if you know how to extract a logcat log feel free to send it to me and It will finding the bug on your device much quicker. I apologize for the inconvenience

Hi, this looks like a great app, I have one question tough. Is it possible to make it integrate with i.e. SmartBand, FitBit, etc...?

We have an SDK and any developer can such cool ideas a shot in his own app, for now the lack of clear leader in the wearable field make development pretty risky and were not sure we have a "killer feature" we want to implement with those wearables, what did you have in mind ?

Hi Developer,

Not sure I understood you, the app automatically generated the data

Looks awesome!
But internet permission and linking to an account is a big no-no for an app that tracks everything i do.

See my comment to b3aucb, I will consider making this optional and update here.. I see other users are asking for this also (for now you should know we only read the age and gender)

Your app told me that I have visited a car dealer some hours ago, but to be exact I was at my friend´s flat (and in his wifi network). How can I tell your app this?

Press the car dealer place to enter the single place screen, you will then have a pencil icon on top and you can name the place and choose "private residence"
we will then use the data to be smarter next time , thanks :)

I think you add your gym to Foursquare but it will probably easy to modify the place

About Material Design, I'm a big fan but it was just introduced and its a bit early to modify the design, when Android L will be out it will be easier to get the proper feeling of how apps were modified to this Google vision.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: TazZHD

TazZHD

Apr 3, 2011
Are there more services possible to apply other than foursquare to get more precise results?

shailevy

Oct 25, 2008
Are there more services possible to apply other than foursquare to get more precise results?

We reviewed many services and they were the best, they might be weak in some areas, where are you from ? Do the places you attend exist in FQ ?
We can use information from our users to improve our results, if you fix the places our algorithms will learn from it, it just takes time

I guess at some point we might also use Google Places buts its very noisy and lack many info we need for our logic (popularity, opening hours and etc...)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LifeStats by Placer Labs

Experience a whole new way of examining your life!

LifeStats automatically records every place you go and generates a daily journal of your activity.
    Effortlessly understand where you spend your time and other cool statistics that will help you analyze and improve your life.

Have you wondered how long you stay at home or work, the name of the restaurant you visited last week, or where did that last Friday go?

Simply download the LifeStats app, run it and let LifeStats do the work – it is that easy!
    So join us and start using your personalized data to have the life you want.

Note: LifeStats uses background location tracking using a technology we've perfected through a lot of hard work. It is very battery efficient, and as opposed to other such services its battery usage is usually barely noticeable.

Download from Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.placer.lifestats

Screenshots:

38H04sZRcVp__DN8Q6qZsVchdDvW80OazzMiSYOqRedmJ2AjHkCdRCKIk4OhvLrlPA=h900-rw

lOP1a0yWAYVhizF3njNcBChEmDkaRR6yG7wp1FtqyrjwhvdKqN3FZ58hT0xrnAfj7RM=h900-rw

XjTDCV1keCOgSyKNcwh-EugPHkPkObnV_TQevH1qRVTcmCrNS4Dgs-PqoyU8pYFGSeY=h900-rw

JR4dJYjk6sRdzU0VXSlg59aXncomjWBYSSTf4DKV7fscK4pSiQ-_9KlZkzxfmQ_rzGc=h900-rw
    Hi, this looks like a great app, I have one question tough. Is it possible to make it integrate with i.e. SmartBand, FitBit, etc...?
    Thanks for all the comment - Lets dig in

Hi Everyone,
    zoharby that posted this is a co-founder (along with me and a few others) in a startup company placer.io , LifeStats shows some of the abilities our SDK's provides for the client side (much more on the server side), we welcome anyone that would like to use our SDK (also iOS), just contact us.
    Back to the LifeStats, I'm the actual client side programmer who coded the Android app and I will try to be active here and answer any question, I love the xda community and hearing from you will surely improve the app as we go along, please stay active.

Lets start:

I find such reminders pretty bothering and tend to lead to uninstalls, I'm pretty surprising your asking for this. I can add it pretty quickly if I hear more requests or when we think of something fun to tell you about your week :)

Maybe a lifestats on/off option, to disable or enable tracking.

We don't hog the battery but I guess you want that for privacy, I will try to add it somewhere in the UI, stay tuned

You have to attach the app to either Facebook or Google+ or you can't sign in? Is there a typical email sign in option I missed?

We only read the age and gender from FB/G+ , it helps us better identify the venues you visit. At some point we will add a quick dialog to provide this info, for now you can be sure we don't abuse or post or do anything you will feel or dislike

Hi,

Thanks for the bug report, I will try to figure out what's causing this and try to fix, if you know how to extract a logcat log feel free to send it to me and It will finding the bug on your device much quicker. I apologize for the inconvenience

We have an SDK and any developer can such cool ideas a shot in his own app, for now the lack of clear leader in the wearable field make development pretty risky and were not sure we have a "killer feature" we want to implement with those wearables, what did you have in mind ?

Hi Developer,

Not sure I understood you, the app automatically generated the data

Looks awesome!

See my comment to b3aucb, I will consider making this optional and update here.. I see other users are asking for this also (for now you should know we only read the age and gender)

Press the car dealer place to enter the single place screen, you will then have a pencil icon on top and you can name the place and choose "private residence"
    we will then use the data to be smarter next time , thanks :)

I think you add your gym to Foursquare but it will probably easy to modify the place

About Material Design, I'm a big fan but it was just introduced and its a bit early to modify the design, when Android L will be out it will be easier to get the proper feeling of how apps were modified to this Google vision.

Cheers
    I started to use the app today. Looks quite interesting and promising.
    +1 for the following requests: log in with email; delete a location; logging on / off for privacy
    Thanks and keep rolling :)