Android 10 introduces an option to change the system accent colour. In pure AOSP, it is limited to certain preset colours(Custom ROMs may have more colours). What if you want to set your own accent colour? That's where this app comes into play. The app gets your choice of colours (You can select from presets, wallpaper colours or create a custom colour) and creates an overlay targeting android (framework-res). A Magisk module is created by the app, which injects the created overlay to the system (Read: Systemless ).
- You can select colours from your wallpaper, presets in the app or set your own custom colour.
- Multiple accents can be created.
- Enable/disable accents.
- Remove created accents (swipe left).
- As of now, this is untested on OEM skins(OOS, OneUI, MiUI etc). But should work on custom ROMs, if they don't block overlays.
- If something goes wrong, remove the module created by the app in /data/adb/modules/ using TWRP or adb shell with root access.
- Uninstalling the app won't remove the custom accent colour.
- Android 8+
- Install and open the app.
- Pick your new accent via wallpaper colours, presets or a custom colour.
- Set a name for your accent colour. This is the name will be shown in system settings.
- When you click "Create accent colour", super user prompt should appear. Give the app root access.
- Once the new accent colour is created, a snackbar will be shown with an option to reboot.
- After a reboot, you should see the new accent colour, either in developer options or the custom ROM's setting. If not manually enable it from the app.
- To create a new accent, repeat the above steps.
- To remove a particular accent, swipe from it's left in "Created accents" card and reboot.
- To remove all the custom accent colours, remove the magisk module and reboot.
- Allow creating multiple accent colours.
- Include some preset colours in the app.
Script for Linux/macOS. More info in the read me:
Accent Colour Creator, App for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/Akilesh-T/QACC
Current Stable Version: v1.40
Stable Release Date: 2019-12-22
Last Updated 2019-12-22