OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Piazza Armerina
Thanks Meter: 4,984

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~El Julio~

If I may report that small issue :

Despite using XDA adfree version of your very welcomed app, I noticed it couldn't get past the post log-in screen (got No connection / Try again - with no avail') if device is connected with ad-blocking private DNS on Android 9+) or to a router set with ad-blocking DNS.

No biggy but took quite some time to figure out the reason.

You might want to change that or add a message to let users know their ad-blocker prevents the app from going further.

After initial set up though, it's working fine with or without DNS ad-blocking.

VPN usage was not an issue for me, only DNS level ad-blocking.

(Tested with v1)

check out third post, is explained
28th January 2020, 03:41 PM |#12  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 55

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko ddd

Wow nice! I added a new string (forgot to upload newer one). Could you translate it on the fly?

Certainly, 😅 funny it's related to that

"Aucune connexion. Si vous êtes connecté via un VPN et/ou utilisant un DNS personnalisé, la connexion échouera. Désactivez le(s) et réessayez."

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote:

check out third post, is explained

I had but since a basic VPN connection didn't harm my attempt on my first device running Oreo, I had assumed it was a broad statement to cover possible issues but it seemed to be mostly related to the ads mechanism in place in your code.

Just wished to help by clarifying.

(IMO however, having to turn a VPN or a custom DNS setting off, even temporarily, should not be forced on any user for doing so given the privacy implications some might want to maintain)
28th January 2020, 03:52 PM |#13  
Flag Piazza Armerina

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Certainly, funny it's related to that

"Aucune connexion. Si vous êtes connecté via un VPN et/ou utilisant un DNS personnalisé, la connexion échouera. Désactivez le(s) et réessayez."

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I had but since a basic VPN connection didn't harm my attempt on my first device running Oreo, I had assumed it was a broad statement to cover possible issues but it seemed to be mostly related to the ads mechanism in place in your code.

Just wished to help by clarifying.

oh man, when there s an apostrophe you shoul escape the apostrophe like in "I have" "j/'ai". As soon as I complete to escape the apostrophe i will attach the translated version and credits to you for help
28th January 2020, 03:56 PM |#14  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

oh man, when there s an apostrophe you shoul escape the apostrophe like in "I have" "j/'ai". As soon as I complete to escape the apostrophe i will attach the translated version and credits to you for help

Sorry this caused you such trouble. I just can't avoid using french correctly though.. (yeah we can be PITAs for many things 😅, I know.) I mean, without the apostrophe, it's not proper french so hoping to see them in displayed text for french locales.

Apologies again.
28th January 2020, 04:02 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

- strings.xml for people interested on translation help

- beta-maniac.apk for installing
- beta-maniac-2.apk for installing (update)

Hello I've installed 1st apk on my Redmi Note 3 pro (Kenzo) MIUI 10 with Android 6.0.1 .
The app crashes instantly. Also installed 2nd apk but it gives same problem.
28th January 2020, 04:05 PM |#16  
Flag Piazza Armerina

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishreyas

Hello I've installed 1st apk on my Redmi Note 3 pro (Kenzo) MIUI 10 with Android 6.0.1 .
The app crashes instantly. Also installed 2nd apk but it gives same problem.

thanks for reporting. as soon as the crash logs are available on my console i will fix and update the app as well
28th January 2020, 04:18 PM |#17  
Flag Piazza Armerina

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry this caused you such trouble. I just can't avoid using french correctly though.. (yeah we can be PITAs for many things , I know.) I mean, without the apostrophe, it's not proper french so hoping to see them in displayed text for french locales.

Apologies again.

lol, nope, I didn t mean that, just saying that there s a correct way to use apostrophe in xml. I uploaded the app with your translation, go check everything is fine.
28th January 2020, 04:35 PM |#18  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

lol, nope, I didn t mean that, just saying that there s a correct way to use apostrophe in xml. I uploaded the app with your translation, go check everything is fine.

Oh, that. Well, sorry anyways : I used Solid Explorer to do that while commuting before even testing your app prior to doing so.
(Also, I don't know what that correct way of using them is in XML, is this its ASCII character that should be used ?)

I checked quickly without deleting app's data so don't know about initial setup text.

But there's a typo :
"Bêtas fermée uniquement" should be "Bêtas fermées uniquement"

There's also a setting title I imprecisely translated :
"Liste des filtres" should be "Filtrer la liste" to actually be meaningful.

Spotted the "system" choice related to the theme settings in the strings but can't yet see it in the app.

Finally, I spoke too soon as for the VPN/DNS issue :
It indeed prevents from entering any app's beta program page setting in the app but Scans can and will be performed normally.
I do reiterate my previous statement regarding having to disable either or both in order for your app to work. It's a radical setup change impacting all apps for just one to work normally..
28th January 2020, 04:41 PM |#19  
Flag Piazza Armerina

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oh, that. Well, sorry anyways : I used Solid Explorer to do that while commuting before even testing your app prior to doing so.
(Also, I don't know what that correct way of using them is in XML, is this its ASCII character that should be used ?)

I checked quickly without deleting app's data so don't know about initial setup text.

But there's a typo :
"Bêtas fermée uniquement" should be "Bêtas fermées uniquement"

There's also a setting title I imprecisely translated :
"Liste des filtres" should be "Filtrer la liste" to actually be meaningful.

Spotted the "system" choice related to the theme settings in the strings but can't yet see it in the app.

Finally, I spoke too soon as for the VPN/DNS issue :
It indeed prevents from entering any app's beta program page setting in the app but Scans can and will be performed normally.
I do reiterate my previous statement regarding having to disable either or both in order for your app to work. It's a radical setup change impacting all apps for just one to work normally..

fixed the strings. Anyway no, it s not an ascii problem, it s just the android requirement to put slashes before apostrophe. I use a normal network, so I didn t figured out this problem before today, I know that only by feedbacks. I ll upload the app with translation fixed
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirko ddd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mirko ddd Ad-Free
28th January 2020, 04:45 PM |#20  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

fixed the strings. Anyway no, it s not an ascii problem, it s just the android requirement to put slashes before apostrophe. I use a normal network, so I didn t figured out this problem before today, I know that only by feedbacks. I ll upload the app with translation fixed

Oh, gotcha. I'm obviously no dev, just a glad-to-learn enthusiast so thanks for that.

Thanks and sorry again for those typos/mistranslation hence the extra work.
28th January 2020, 04:47 PM |#21  
Flag Piazza Armerina

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oh, gotcha. I'm obviously no dev, just a glad-to-learn enthusiast so thanks for that.

Thanks and sorry again for those typos/mistranslation hence the extra work.

we are here to learn. I started coding in this forum, I started with custom roms and step by step I learnt more. no problem
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)