1,701 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,009

By Mirko ddd, Inactive Recognized Developer on 26th January 2020, 02:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Mirko ddd: Life of a beta tester
22nd May 2020, 09:37 PM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Latest update has this issue, am i the only one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1533.png
Views:	176
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	5024453  
23rd May 2020, 12:04 AM |#322  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Piazza Armerina

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyCalculator999

Latest update has this issue, am i the only one?

Everything is fine here. Could you try to clear app data and login again? Don't worry, you will not lose your current beta states.
23rd May 2020, 01:48 AM |#323  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I only found this app a couple of days ago and was really impressed but the latest update had me reaching for the uninstall button.
If I click anything I get 2 adverts under each other. When the timer finishes and I close the advert low and behold there is another sitting there.
A real shame. If have happily supported you but the greed shown by double adverts and the intrusive level has shown no care for the users.
You may have had ungrateful users in the past but no need to take it out on the rest of us.
I've given it a one star review as a result. Had I reviewed it yesterday it would have been five. Shame.
23rd May 2020, 08:40 AM |#324  
Flag Piazza Armerina

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sproglet

I only found this app a couple of days ago and was really impressed but the latest update had me reaching for the uninstall button.
If I click anything I get 2 adverts under each other. When the timer finishes and I close the advert low and behold there is another sitting there.
A real shame. If have happily supported you but the greed shown by double adverts and the intrusive level has shown no care for the users.
You may have had ungrateful users in the past but no need to take it out on the rest of us.
I've given it a one star review as a result. Had I reviewed it yesterday it would have been five. Shame.

It s not greed, it s users lack of common sense. Check out the post liked below
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=314

You think you didn t deserve this? So show me where is your 5 stars rating review. Ignoring to rate a good app is not better than give 1 star man.
23rd May 2020, 09:09 AM |#325  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 359

More
Latest update is really great...its full of full screen beautyful ads.

Sent from my OnePlus6 using XDA Labs
23rd May 2020, 09:18 AM |#326  
Flag Piazza Armerina

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravrai

Latest update is really great...its full of full screen beautyful ads.

Sent from my OnePlus6 using XDA Labs

You can read the reason why 2 pages before
23rd May 2020, 03:29 PM |#327  
Flag Aberdeen

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko ddd

It s not greed, it s users lack of common sense. Check out the post liked below
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=314

You think you didn t deserve this? So show me where is your 5 stars rating review. Ignoring to rate a good app is not better than give 1 star man.

It is greed you arrogant arse. Read what I said. I got the app a couple of days ago. Need to see it in action before I review but YOU nerfed it.
Destroyed your perfectly good app and acted like a spoiled brat.
1 star is too good for you.
Like I said. The day before I would have rated it 5 stars and indeed I was about to. Guess it was bad timing but I don't see you getting any new users by laying ads on top of ads.
23rd May 2020, 03:39 PM |#328  
Flag Piazza Armerina

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It is greed you arrogant arse. Read what I said. I got the app a couple of days ago. Need to see it in action before I review but YOU nerfed it.
Destroyed your perfectly good app and acted like a spoiled brat.
1 star is too good for you.
Like I said. The day before I would have rated it 5 stars and indeed I was about to. Guess it was bad timing but I don't see you getting any new users by laying ads on top of ads.

I see your point, you are a new user and you're paying for other people's fault. I don't know if you genuinely we're about to rate it 5 stars but the fact is that you didn't, and this is not so far from other people s behavior.
23rd May 2020, 03:57 PM |#329  
Flag Aberdeen

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko ddd

I see your point, you are a new user and you're paying for other people's fault. I don't know if you genuinely we're about to rate it 5 stars but the fact is that you didn't, and this is not so far from other people s behavior.

Yes generally people are not good at thanking authors. Thats one of the main reasons I stopped developing years ago. But you went too far the other way in my opinion.
Why not set it up less intrusive and maybe give people the option of a couple of days without ads to make up their mind before buying.
It's a fine line a developer has to walk between making it worthwhile developing and pissing everyone off.
23rd May 2020, 04:12 PM |#330  
Flag Piazza Armerina

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes generally people are not good at thanking authors. Thats one of the main reasons I stopped developing years ago. But you went too far the other way in my opinion.
Why not set it up less intrusive and maybe give people the option of a couple of days without ads to make up their mind before buying.
It's a fine line a developer has to walk between making it worthwhile developing and pissing everyone off.

Currently the ad frequency is very low (I set up very high ECPM) so this is a problem only few people are facing (you re in UK, and I guess advertisers spend lot of money there if you are seeing many ads).

I respect your opinion, but you could even respect the fact that now the app has non removable (for free) ads, so it s your choice to stay or leave.
23rd May 2020, 05:19 PM |#331  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Updated to the latest version, re-enabled ads (I have also bought the no ads feature, in order to support the dev) and I find the ads just right. such excellent app needs a nice amount of revenue. people whom complain about every inch of your app always exist, no matter how good the app is going to be. at least now there is a fair price to be able to use the app. can't say that I would mind watching even a 15 sec ad now and then. afterall, everything good comes at a price. keep up your good work dev!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Raresh T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raresh T Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)