FORUMS

[APP][TimberX] Material theme music player written in Kotlin+Architecture components

128 posts
Thanks Meter: 227

By naman14, Senior Member on 1st February 2019, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2019, 10:17 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naman14

Hi! Can you check if you are able to control playback using Assistant (try saying play song/pause song/next song when you are using Timber), or does assistant doesn't work at all?

Already noted the progressbar bug, more customisability will be soon be added in future releases.

Assistant works with those media controls, but doesn't work with "Play music on Timber" or related commands. It seems like it just recognizes the word timber as a song and not the program.

Also, there's a bug that you can drag down the now playing bar and it will disappear.
The Following User Says Thank You to Josesanchez0117 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Josesanchez0117 Ad-Free
5th February 2019, 10:18 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnova

It mixed number of albums and songs . Like in the picture attached, Kanye West has 117 albums and 8 songs instead of 117 songs and 8 albums

Same here. Definitely a bug.

Liking the app so far. It reminds me of Augustro Music Player. That has some nice features in settings like being able to hide/show unwanted tabs. Not suggesting you copy it or anything

A black OLED mode would be awesome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grondah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Grondah Ad-Free
5th February 2019, 10:19 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Also there is no way to sort albums eg. Alphabetical, duration, etc. Suggestions:

1. Add a scroll bar to make it easier to browse through large libraries. I have 3,223 songs 😃
2. Add sorting option for albums
3. Add a settings page to customize and change various things
4. Add Crossfade
5. Maybe after a while you can add theming. Best thing is to make color/ theme adapt to album cover
6. Add ability to blacklist songs/ song folders for those media files that keep popping up in the song library
7. Add swipe up to access playing queue
8. Add a dark mode, one that automatically switches to black in the evening - similar to Twitter app
9. Maybe add a homepage?

I've attached some concepts that you could maybe use for inspiration 😃
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	d5d2e4_545a012bc7114e6ab7ed839c11ce6c36~mv2_d_2945_2385_s_2.png
Views:	434
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	4700286   Click image for larger version

Name:	d5d2e4_85b3562f02a54e84b4c9973ebf730485~mv2_d_2945_2385_s_2.png
Views:	426
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	4700287  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abnova For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Abnova Ad-Free
6th February 2019, 12:08 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
In the folders section I can't browse above the up arrow (/sdcard internal memory?) so it won't let me browse to my external SD card, although the tracks and albums on the external SD card appear on tracks and albums sections.

Darren

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DarrenNewsgroup For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarrenNewsgroup Ad-Free
6th February 2019, 04:53 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
A very nice and simple app to use, enjoying it so far. This is a bug I noticed.
*App doesn't stop playing when another media player is active. Eg. Play Music, YouTube etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwame nuertey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kwame nuertey Ad-Free
6th February 2019, 06:02 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I have two questions / ideas for further development:

Does the player depend on android's media scanner to get its media library, or we can specify a folder for the player to scan and import the media on its own?
I see a cast icon, can we cast only to google cast supported devices, or to dlna devices also?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mnd123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mnd123 Ad-Free
6th February 2019, 07:27 AM |#27  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bergisches Land
Thanks Meter: 3,114

More
@naman14

You have created a beautiful music player, will try it out some more over the next few days

I would take the opportunity to ask some questions. First, is there a way to sort by album artist? You know, there are a lot of music tracks from artist A, but one or more songs from the corresponding album of artist A might have some featured artist B, so sorting by artist will result in having "artist A" as well as "artist A feat. artist B", though both tracks are from the same album. I know, sorting by album might solve this, but I would like to have all music from artist A shown in one place, regardless if there are tracks by aritis A featuring other artists. Is such an implementation possible?

The second question: is there a way to help with translation? I would like to help translating it to German language. Some translation platform like crowdin would be the easiest way in my opinion.
6th February 2019, 08:47 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naman14

Can you please attach a screenshot and confirm your device, I think this may be happening on low resolution devices.

This is what I see. I would expect the artwork to be square rather than cropped at the sides. This is on a Mate 20 Pro so not a low res device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190205_233421_com.naman14.timberx.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	4700432  
6th February 2019, 10:44 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Album art on now playing screen looks just fine and sharp on my note 9

Really nice looking app. Great job.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
6th February 2019, 11:05 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josesanchez0117

Assistant works with those media controls, but doesn't work with "Play music on Timber" or related commands. It seems like it just recognizes the word timber as a song and not the program.

Also, there's a bug that you can drag down the now playing bar and it will disappear.

Hmm, figuring out the problem with assistant not recognizing 'play on Timber' commands.
Will fix the playing bar dragging bug
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naman14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift naman14 Ad-Free
6th February 2019, 12:30 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
For some reason, I am unable to download :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)