FORUMS

[APP][5.0+] Memo Reminders - Easy and Powerful reminders in the notification bar

136 posts
Thanks Meter: 294

Post Reply Email Thread
Introduction
Often forgetting to do or get something? You need quick memo or reminder without the hustle? Try "Memo reminders".

How does it work?
"Memo reminders" creates Android notifications which can be seen in notification drawer. Easily accessible, always there.
Specially with Android 5 where notifications are also shown on the lock-screen, you will see you quick memos or reminders every time when you check your phone.
Don't want them on the lock screen? No worries, there is option for that.

Get it on Google Play

Perfect for making quick grocery list before going to shop.
Just swipe it away when done.

Personally I'm using it mostly for creating grocery list before going to shop or to remind myself to do something during day/s when I will time.

I also made Chrome Extension that replaces your new tab page where can create reminders and you will see them each time you open new tab.

And there are widgets to make your new tab page more useful. You can get it from the Chrome Web Store.
Get it on Chrome Web Store

Features
  • Highly customizable: set icon, short text, add longer description if needed
  • Show reminders only when unlocked
  • Keeps history of your memo reminders
  • No ads
  • Nice and clean design (I think)
  • Add actions on reminders - Customize the action when you tap on the notification. You can set the action to dial number, prepare SMS text or email someone, navigate to your destination, open website if you need to book tickets, launch application(ex. launch Camera app for #SelfieOfTheDay)… you name it!

Not enough space for description? Use Emojis!
Saves you time and effort.

"Read contacts" permission is added to prevent crashing when picking contacts on some Sony and HTC devices.
No personal information is collected.

Images
Memo remindersMemo reminders

Let me know what do you think

Link to Google Play

You can also get it in the Chrome Web Store

If you like, you can upvote it on Product Hunt https://www.producthunt.com/posts/memo-reminders.

XDA:DevDB Information
Memo Reminders, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
drashko

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.4.1
Stable Release Date: 2015-09-07

Created 2015-09-08
Last Updated 2020-05-26
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	4606
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	3466774   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	4594
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	3466775   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	4586
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	3466776   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	4522
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	3466777  
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to drashko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drashko Ad-Free
8th September 2015, 02:39 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
Chrome Extension that replaces your new tab page where can create reminders and you will see them each time you open new tab. You can get it from the Chrome Web Store

---Version 1.1.0
-- Dark theme. Go to settings to try it!
-- Run-time permissions

---Version 1.0.1
- Added "Read contacts" permission to prevent crashing when picking contacts on some Sony and HTC devices.
- Fixed other small bugs and crashes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drashko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drashko Ad-Free
9th September 2015, 03:53 PM |#3  
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 639

More
I'm so forgetful that it's for sure going to be handy ^^
I'll try for a little while then buy it if it suits me.
Thanks for your work!
The Following User Says Thank You to kipue For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kipue Ad-Free
9th September 2015, 04:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
First of all:
This app is simple and powerful, yet still manages to be beautiful at the same time.

I suppose it wasn't intended for this, but would it be possible to include a Time-Date/Location reminder?

Otherwise this app is perfect for me and I already use it very often, that reminder thing is the only thing that prevents me to completely switch from Google Keep

Keep up the good work
9th September 2015, 05:15 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
One issue I noticed, when I attempt to setup a reminder to call a contact it crashes the app. I can successfully setup a call to a number manually imputed,though. I am using an HTC one m7 unrooted.

**Edit: it appears Any request to connect to the address book crashes the app... I just got the same result from setting a message to be sent from a contact.

Also, one suggestion : I'd love to see the option to only show the shortcut in the statusbar (without being on the lockscreen). I think clutter on the lockscreen in Android 5 is a real problem for a lot of people.

Thank you for the great app and taking the time to read my suggestion. 😀

Sent from my secret lair in a hidden mountainside.
9th September 2015, 05:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Very Cool App, Thanks A Lot
The Following User Says Thank You to h45n0n4m3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift h45n0n4m3 Ad-Free
9th September 2015, 05:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Nice app! Keep up the great work!

Sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ckovvi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ckovvi Ad-Free
9th September 2015, 06:08 PM |#8  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 658

More
This is a beaitful material-based app with an awesome functionality. Everything works just fine.

One question: is it normal or desired that if you unlock the phone the reminders "jump" under the notifications?

Nevertheless awesome app
9th September 2015, 06:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,594

More
@drashko

Great idea and beautifully simplistic.

Ideas for consideration:
- Repeat reminder on a set day(s)
- Reminder during set hours

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
9th September 2015, 09:48 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darKpoiSonend

First of all:
This app is simple and powerful, yet still manages to be beautiful at the same time.

I suppose it wasn't intended for this, but would it be possible to include a Time-Date/Location reminder?

Otherwise this app is perfect for me and I already use it very often, that reminder thing is the only thing that prevents me to completely switch from Google Keep

Keep up the good work

Scheduling reminders is planned to be added in future, about the location, I'll consider it. General idea for the application is to be very simple to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug

One issue I noticed, when I attempt to setup a reminder to call a contact it crashes the app. I can successfully setup a call to a number manually imputed,though. I am using an HTC one m7 unrooted.

**Edit: it appears Any request to connect to the address book crashes the app... I just got the same result from setting a message to be sent from a contact.

Also, one suggestion : I'd love to see the option to only show the shortcut in the statusbar (without being on the lockscreen). I think clutter on the lockscreen in Android 5 is a real problem for a lot of people.

Thank you for the great app and taking the time to read my suggestion.

Sent from my secret lair in a hidden mountainside.

I agree about the shortcut, that is great idea, thanks.
For some reason, READ_CONTACTS permission is needed on your device and that is crashing the application. I'll look into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiz:ik

This is a beaitful material-based app with an awesome functionality. Everything works just fine.

One question: is it normal or desired that if you unlock the phone the reminders "jump" under the notifications?

Nevertheless awesome app

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
If you set personal reminders, it is normal because they are readded on unlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchst2

@drashko

Great idea and beautifully simplistic.

Ideas for consideration:
- Repeat reminder on a set day(s)
- Reminder during set hours

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cool ideas. As I mentioned above, scheduling reminders is on my to-do list and will think about them.
Thanks.

Big thanks to @GermainZ for spreading the word, I appreciate it!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drashko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drashko Ad-Free
9th September 2015, 11:14 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I'm gonna use this on my note 5 and use it as one of my "air command" apps

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

This is an essential tool.
It is simple and effective.
I like how you can change the icon for the reminder so it shows on top screen to jog your memory with a simple glance.
If you can support split screen for Samsung note devices it would be awesome. No need tho.
I wouldnt be surprised if samsung, apple, Google come knocking on your door.
Awesome job 👍👍👍
The Following User Says Thank You to jon_htc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jon_htc Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)