Unfortunately, I couldn't get push messaging to work properly; after installing as described I was able to sign in to textsecure, but I only get new messages when the app is opened and in foreground. Further, in push notification tester I only get the first 3 checks. Another problem is a huge battery drain since I installed it, as you can see in the picture. If I can provide more info, specific logs, I'd love to do so. Great project, thanks for your efforts.
These problems are likely caused by a bug in the gcm background service. Can you please grab logcat for output containing Gcm (from a unix shell `adb logcat | grep Gcm > gcm.log`) and send this to me (PM, it might contain sensitive data).
This happens when no checkin happened before. make sure you have automatic checkin enabled in settings, rebooted and then got a network connection. You can also force checkin manally by dialing *#*#CHECKIN#*#* or on a tablet open a root shell and invoke `am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://2432546`. The problem is known and will be fixed in the next alpha.
I tried this out yesterday after you posted it to verify your findings. I received some random play store error code.
When I wanted to do this again today, instead of the error message, a dialog popped up asking me to "renew" my account. I continued and skipped the payment details. After that I was able to download and install applications. Can you try this out on your device as well. If it does not work automatically, this might also be related to a second checkin. In this case, can you try dialing *#*#CHECKIN#*#* or on a tablet open a root shell and invoke `am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://2432546`. If this changes anything for you, please report back what you did.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|