[APP] microG GmsCore - lightweight free software clone of Google Play Services

496 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,244

By MaR-V-iN, Senior Member on 4th October 2015, 05:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th October 2015, 09:12 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 313

More
Just wondering if anyone has gotten license errors since I couldn't get Drastic or fpse to work since it keeps giving me an error.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Could Be Anyone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Could Be Anyone Ad-Free

5th October 2015, 03:39 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koloses

Nice! Even original Play Store started to work with this! Not fully, but now you can login, search for apps and see already installed ones. Just download doesn't work yet. Keep up good work! Original GMSCore is android cancer.

I tried this out yesterday after you posted it to verify your findings. I received some random play store error code.
When I wanted to do this again today, instead of the error message, a dialog popped up asking me to "renew" my account. I continued and skipped the payment details. After that I was able to download and install applications. Can you try this out on your device as well. If it does not work automatically, this might also be related to a second checkin. In this case, can you try dialing *#*#CHECKIN#*#* or on a tablet open a root shell and invoke `am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://2432546`. If this changes anything for you, please report back what you did.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaR-V-iN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaR-V-iN Ad-Free
5th October 2015, 05:35 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hi,
Unfortunately, I couldn't get push messaging to work properly; after installing as described I was able to sign in to textsecure, but I only get new messages when the app is opened and in foreground. Further, in push notification tester I only get the first 3 checks. Another problem is a huge battery drain since I installed it, as you can see in the picture. If I can provide more info, specific logs, I'd love to do so. Great project, thanks for your efforts.

ROM: omnirom 5.1
Device: Samsung GT-I8190

Never installed original gapps on this setup, using blankstore, which works without problems
bbs screenshot
Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Free mobile app
5th October 2015, 05:49 PM |#14  
Flag Zielona Góra
Thanks Meter: 1,086

Donate to Me
More
I just tried reinstalling Play Store after having your gmscore for a while on my device and Google Play is fully working now
I guess it's running second check in later on and that makes play store work. Anyway, awesome job, not falling back to blankstore at this point. Amazing work! Thanks!
5th October 2015, 09:32 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
microG Services Core keeps crashing when trying to sign into my Google Account.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Rebooting fixed it.
5th October 2015, 09:38 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benstyle1

Unfortunately, I couldn't get push messaging to work properly; after installing as described I was able to sign in to textsecure, but I only get new messages when the app is opened and in foreground. Further, in push notification tester I only get the first 3 checks. Another problem is a huge battery drain since I installed it, as you can see in the picture. If I can provide more info, specific logs, I'd love to do so. Great project, thanks for your efforts.

These problems are likely caused by a bug in the gcm background service. Can you please grab logcat for output containing Gcm (from a unix shell `adb logcat | grep Gcm > gcm.log`) and send this to me (PM, it might contain sensitive data). Rebooting afterwards might fix the issue. Normally `mcs` shows up in BetterBatteryStats with about 1% max, the other wakelock never appeared in BetterBatteryStats on my test device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank101

microG Services Core keeps crashing when trying to sign into my Google Account.

This happens when no checkin happened before. make sure you have automatic checkin enabled in settings, rebooted and then got a network connection. You can also force checkin manally by dialing *#*#CHECKIN#*#* or on a tablet open a root shell and invoke `am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://2432546`. The problem is known and will be fixed in the next alpha.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaR-V-iN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaR-V-iN Ad-Free
5th October 2015, 09:42 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaR-V-iN

These problems are likely caused by a bug in the gcm background service. Can you please grab logcat for output containing Gcm (from a unix shell `adb logcat | grep Gcm > gcm.log`) and send this to me (PM, it might contain sensitive data).

This happens when no checkin happened before. make sure you have automatic checkin enabled in settings, rebooted and then got a network connection. You can also force checkin manally by dialing *#*#CHECKIN#*#* or on a tablet open a root shell and invoke `am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://2432546`. The problem is known and will be fixed in the next alpha.

I turned everything on and rebooted and it worked.
5th October 2015, 11:14 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Maybe could be used on jolla?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
6th October 2015, 02:40 AM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themirk91

Maybe could be used on jolla?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Try it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dank101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dank101 Ad-Free
6th October 2015, 09:40 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
cAn I use this to play CLAsh of claN???
6th October 2015, 09:41 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaR-V-iN

I tried this out yesterday after you posted it to verify your findings. I received some random play store error code.
When I wanted to do this again today, instead of the error message, a dialog popped up asking me to "renew" my account. I continued and skipped the payment details. After that I was able to download and install applications. Can you try this out on your device as well. If it does not work automatically, this might also be related to a second checkin. In this case, can you try dialing *#*#CHECKIN#*#* or on a tablet open a root shell and invoke `am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://2432546`. If this changes anything for you, please report back what you did.

Dialing *#*#CHECKIN#*#* got rid of that random error code but now the play store FCs after accepting permissions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)