FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Is Migrate backup and restore working without any errors?

Yes. No errors at all.

185 Vote(s)
41.48%
Minor ignorable issues

113 Vote(s)
25.34%
No! There are huge errors!

148 Vote(s)
33.18%

[APP][ROOT][5.0+][20th Nov] Migrate - custom ROM migration tool

343 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,240

By SayantanRC, Senior Member on 4th November 2018, 04:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th January 2020, 10:30 AM |#1082  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
migrate helper fails to install the package I had restored from twrp
actually it shows nothing to restore and ask for flash a backup first.

any thoughts?

phone is a redmi note 7 pro (violet)
twrp is peter version
android 10 custom rom aosp (latest havoc)
15th January 2020, 02:56 PM |#1083  
Thanks Meter: 221

More
I'm on Android 10 Oxygen OS on OnePlus 7 Pro. Is it better to use play store version or the alpha 2 which has a much earlier build date than the play store version.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

I'm on Android 10 Oxygen OS on OnePlus 7 Pro. Is it better to use play store version or the alpha 2 which has a much earlier build date than the play store version.

Thanks
15th January 2020, 07:48 PM |#1084  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 3,167

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassan_1000

Thanks

Use Alpha 2

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs
17th January 2020, 05:00 PM |#1085  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hello I have a problem with migrate using Pocophone F1

In Poco, I was using Pixel experience with Android 9 and I performed a backup with Migrate.
Now i've installed a new android 10 rom, but when I try to flash migrate backup in twrp, it shows me a "No ROM is installed"

Im using the latest migrate app

Any help
The Following User Says Thank You to javieracdc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift javieracdc Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 06:48 AM |#1086  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
I'm trying to share my Recovery.Log but keep getting an error saying the Ile type isn't supported. Is there another way to share it?
18th January 2020, 06:55 AM |#1087  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBustCh3rries

I'm trying to share my Recovery.Log but keep getting an error saying the Ile type isn't supported. Is there another way to share it?

Zip it than share it.

The Following User Says Thank You to BillGoss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BillGoss Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 07:39 PM |#1088  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Everything is working great, except
I have a problem, after SMS restore, the messaging app tries to send all the old text messages and I receive a bunch of old call and text notifications.
any ideas how to solve?
Thanks!
Android 9 , Messaging app
22nd January 2020, 06:28 PM |#1089  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can not flash my backup zips. I get error 7.

I had a Migrate backup of my Xiam. rednote 7 lavendar running Havoc 2.9 and latest Orangefox 10.1 recovery from 01.10.2020

Now I switched to custom rom CRDroid and I can not flsh my backup zips in recovery. I get the infamous Error 7.

I think there is nothing I could do but I had the dumb idea to trick a bit:
I ran Migrate again now on CRDroid latest with OrangeFox 10.1 a backed all up again (I had most of my data restroed via TitaniumPro).
Then I wanted to copy those apps and their data from the old backup (for I had no Titanium nor else backups) that did not restore, as said. I wanted to copy those into the new backup.zip BUT I did check first if the new backup restores now. Notice please, this time the same recovery for sure and same rom!
Same Error 7 ?!!
WTF

I mounted then all I could mount in OrangeFox and I got still the same error. What is wrong? What can I do?

Do you offer a manual restore? Copying content of backup.zip to some folder and starting recovery manually or by initiating it via Magisk?
22nd January 2020, 06:42 PM |#1090  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalracer

I had a Migrate backup of my Xiam. rednote 7 lavendar running Havoc 2.9 and latest Orangefox 10.1 recovery from 01.10.2020

Now I switched to custom rom CRDroid and I can not flsh my backup zips in recovery. I get the infamous Error 7.

I ran Migrate again now on CRDroid latest with OrangeFox 10.1 a backed all up again (I had most of my data restroed via TitaniumPro).
Then I wanted to copy those apps and their data from the old backup (for I had no Titanium nor else backups) that did not restore, as said. I wanted to copy those into the new backup.zip BUT I did check first if the new backup restores now. Notice please, this time the same recovery for sure and same rom!
Same Error 7 ?!!
WTF

I mounted then all I could mount in OrangeFox and I got still the same error. What is wrong? What can I do?

Do you offer a manual restore? Copying content of backup.zip to some folder and starting recovery manually or by initiating it via Magisk?

Yes try what I wrote i few posts back here. There you have the instructions and needed files for a manual restore.
22nd January 2020, 09:53 PM |#1091  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalracer

Same Error 7 ?!!
WTF

Or you could fix the prep.sh script (use "/tmp/busybox/awk" instead of just "awk") in the zip files as suggested in point 1 in https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...3/post81029177

The Following User Says Thank You to BillGoss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BillGoss Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)