I own a Pixel 3a on Android 10.
TWRP doesn't work on it.
Any other way to restore the backup?
I've found a solution . restore apps data manually
If you are facing errors while restoring data
1. Boot up the ROM without flashing backup zips.
2. Install Ex file explorer
3. Make the folder migrate_cache under /data/local/tmp/. The full path should be /data/local/tmp/migrate_cache
4. extract all the backup contents to path /data/local/tmp/migrate_cache/ in ex file explorer.
5. Install the latest helper 3.0 (use #download_helper.3.0). Disable Google Play protect temporarily if needed. Install the helper.
6. Open the helper app. All applications should be detected. Restore them.
In case of permission related errors, in the "Preferences" of helper, check the option: "Remount data
I must give it a try.
There is "freeze" when restoring the app by TB (Android 8+). TB shows restoring but it is no action for install apps. I have to install manually by Play store, so that the restoring process can continue.
I have to try you apps as an alternative for TB.
When you refer to split apks, do you mean multiple apks for different screen densities (dpi) or do you mean android app bundles (.aab) or does it refer to something else? I'm guessing android app bundles because I can't find any documentation for split apks on the official Android dev website.
I had backed up to the microSD which completed without any errors. But upon trying to restore data it failed with the error : Code error! The current thread must have a looper.
I have attached a screenshot of the error.
Migrate 3.0 alpha 2. Upon first boot I had also installed the ExtSDCard access enabler module. Flashing in TWRP was successful as well. Redmi Note 3 running AEX 4.6. All my previous restores to internal storage had been successful.
Edit: Had to use the Local Method.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|