FORUMS

View Poll Results: Is Migrate backup and restore working without any errors?

Yes. No errors at all.

197 Vote(s)
40.04%
Minor ignorable issues

123 Vote(s)
25.00%
No! There are huge errors!

172 Vote(s)
34.96%

[APP][ROOT][5.0+][20th March] Migrate - custom ROM migration tool

352 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,320

By SayantanRC, Senior Member on 4th November 2018, 03:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th March 2020, 03:07 AM |#1251  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hi there,
I own a Pixel 3a on Android 10.
TWRP doesn't work on it.
Any other way to restore the backup?
Thank you.
26th March 2020, 03:35 AM |#1252  
Flag Chandler, AZ
Thanks Meter: 638

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakax

Hi there,
I own a Pixel 3a on Android 10.
TWRP doesn't work on it.
Any other way to restore the backup?
Thank you.

From a couple pages back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad5544

I've found a solution . restore apps data manually

EXPERIMENTAL METHOD

If you are facing errors while restoring data
1. Boot up the ROM without flashing backup zips.
2. Install Ex file explorer
3. Make the folder migrate_cache under /data/local/tmp/. The full path should be /data/local/tmp/migrate_cache
4. extract all the backup contents to path /data/local/tmp/migrate_cache/ in ex file explorer.
5. Install the latest helper 3.0 (use #download_helper.3.0). Disable Google Play protect temporarily if needed. Install the helper.
6. Open the helper app. All applications should be detected. Restore them.

In case of permission related errors, in the "Preferences" of helper, check the option: "Remount data

27th March 2020, 05:19 AM |#1253  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I must give it a try.

There is "freeze" when restoring the app by TB (Android 8+). TB shows restoring but it is no action for install apps. I have to install manually by Play store, so that the restoring process can continue.

I have to try you apps as an alternative for TB.

Regards
27th March 2020, 10:00 AM |#1254  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 3,388

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic997

I must give it a try.

There is "freeze" when restoring the app by TB (Android 8+). TB shows restoring but it is no action for install apps. I have to install manually by Play store, so that the restoring process can continue.

I have to try you apps as an alternative for TB.

Regards

That's because TB can't handle split apks (Google it if you don't know what they are). Migrate handles them nicely.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
27th March 2020, 12:12 PM |#1255  
Thanks Meter: 956

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGoss

That's because TB can't handle split apks (Google it if you don't know what they are). Migrate handles them nicely.

When you refer to split apks, do you mean multiple apks for different screen densities (dpi) or do you mean android app bundles (.aab) or does it refer to something else? I'm guessing android app bundles because I can't find any documentation for split apks on the official Android dev website.
The Following User Says Thank You to knpk13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knpk13 Ad-Free
27th March 2020, 06:12 PM |#1256  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 3,388

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knpk13

When you refer to split apks, do you mean multiple apks for different screen densities (dpi) or do you mean android app bundles (.aab) or does it refer to something else? I'm guessing android app bundles because I can't find any documentation for split apks on the official Android dev website.

They are app bundles. If you look in /data/app you'll find that some apps have the base.apk as well as split_*.apk files. For example Chrome and Adobe Acrobat.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to BillGoss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BillGoss Ad-Free
29th March 2020, 02:59 AM |#1257  
Thanks Meter: 361

More
Delete

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by amn1987

I had backed up to the microSD which completed without any errors. But upon trying to restore data it failed with the error : Code error! The current thread must have a looper.
I have attached a screenshot of the error.
Migrate 3.0 alpha 2. Upon first boot I had also installed the ExtSDCard access enabler module. Flashing in TWRP was successful as well. Redmi Note 3 running AEX 4.6. All my previous restores to internal storage had been successful.
Edit: Had to use the Local Method.

I'm facing similar issue, can anyone please guide me with local method, how to do that?
29th March 2020, 03:58 AM |#1258  
Flag Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsiw

Delete

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

I'm facing similar issue, can anyone please guide me with local method, how to do that?

Just a few posts above it has been elaborated. For more detailed info t.me/migrateApp
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)