FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Is Migrate backup and restore working without any errors?

Yes. No errors at all.

150 Vote(s)
47.17%
Minor ignorable issues

80 Vote(s)
25.16%
No! There are huge errors!

88 Vote(s)
27.67%

[APP][ROOT][5.0+][15th Jan] Migrate - custom ROM migration tool

331 posts
Thanks Meter: 981

By SayantanRC, Senior Member on 4th November 2018, 03:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th August 2019, 05:34 PM |#791  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
New to Migrate, may I ask if the following restoration procedure is correct and what should be correct for #5?
1- Clean flash new ROM, gapps if required
2- Flash Magisk
3- Flash the backup.zip produced by Migrate
4- Boot to OS
5- Shall I run Magisk first then the Migrate helper, or just run Migrate helper without touching Magisk?
TIA

9th August 2019, 05:50 PM |#792  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65c02

New to Migrate, may I ask if the following restoration procedure is correct and what should be correct for #5?
1- Clean flash new ROM, gapps if required
2- Flash Magisk
3- Flash the backup.zip produced by Migrate
4- Boot to OS
5- Shall I run Magisk first then the Migrate helper, or just run Migrate helper without touching Magisk?
TIA

Magisk first. Migrate requires root.
9th August 2019, 09:50 PM |#793  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kharagpur
Thanks Meter: 981

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg66

Quick question, are you any closer to knowing/fixing the issue with some xiaomi and trwp devices giving error 7 all the time? Cheers very much!

I am close. But it will still take time to roll out a working version.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SayantanRC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SayantanRC Ad-Free
9th August 2019, 10:16 PM |#794  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
very interesting and useful app.
Using "Migrate", will apps still work if they were backed up in Lollipop but you then restore them into oreo? I am thinking of whatsapp in particular, but it would also be useful for other apps I have that have been custiomized heavily. Please excuse me if this question has already been asked and answered but I didn't find it.
11th August 2019, 11:31 AM |#795  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayantanRC

I am close. But it will still take time to roll out a working version.

Grand, many thanks indeed
13th August 2019, 05:19 AM |#796  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
This app looks like a very promising replacement for Titanium backup. Are there any plans to offer Tasker integration? Would be awesome to automate the backups, for DR.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rydako For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rydako Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 05:51 AM |#797  
Thanks Meter: 176

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydako

Are there any plans to offer Tasker integration? Would be awesome to automate the backups, for DR.

Great idea, I too would love to have this as a feature
15th August 2019, 08:03 PM |#798  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello there
Nowadays it not working up to its full potential also doesn't work with twrp 3.3.1 hlte galaxy note 3 that after flashing it doesn't restore correctly don't know why though
18th August 2019, 04:30 AM |#799  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Hi. I used this on MIUI and it always fails with error 7. I created the zip using migrate tool and when I try to flash it using orangefox, it just errors out. I am on redmi k20 pro India version
18th August 2019, 05:15 AM |#800  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
@AllesMeins

I have modified my *.sh files, make OUTFD=1, which worked on my Nexus to Xiaomi.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweeet_boy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sweeet_boy Ad-Free
18th August 2019, 05:38 AM |#801  
Flag Chandler, AZ
Thanks Meter: 621

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeet_boy

Thank you for this app, it looks like great idea. Unfortunatly I've run into some problems. Everything went smoothly (backup, flashing,...) until the last step. The helper app is installed and pops up after booting, telling me to continue restoration. It requests root, which i grant, but than it fails saying "Nothing to restore. No metadata found".

The helper-app does not create any logs (Last logs says "progressLog" does not exist - same for errorLog), but I've the twrp recovery log

I have modified my *.sh files, make OUTFD=1, which worked on my Nexus to Xiaomi.

Please. It is bad etiquette to embed logs in your post. It is only appropriate for small snippets. Always attach or post links to your logs, as it is very frustrating to be forced to scroll through your post, especially on mobile.
The Following User Says Thank You to jhedfors For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jhedfors Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)