FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Monetal - The Expense Tracker which I develop 6 years.

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2016, 10:53 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag St.Petersburg

Donate to Me
More
Hi everybody. I have updated Monetal so new version of 3.16 is available in Google Play:
- new data storage system. It helps retore data after failures
- Roboto font builded in (for Xiaomi and other phones)
- BYR, TND, CLP currencies added
- bug fixes (sync algorithm, stability and more);
The Following User Says Thank You to Kruiller For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kruiller Ad-Free

28th September 2016, 11:12 AM |#12  
\dev\null -yu
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Thanks for the continuous support.

One feature I'd like to see is searching through the notes I enter with the expenses. Perhaps you use it in a different way.
Example. All paid bills are paid and tagged with Bills tag. I also put what bill it is (internet, mobile, utilities, etc.) in the note along with the expanse.
There is no way for us to filter only internet bills, unless we create a separate subcategory (sub-tag) for each of these different expenses.

Creating subtags, is that how you would go in this scenario?
28th September 2016, 12:27 PM |#13  
OP Member
Flag St.Petersburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-

One feature I'd like to see is searching through the notes I enter with the expenses.

Ok, I will add search for notes in the feature. And yes, now I solve this with category "Bill" and there subcategories "Intenet", "Phone", "Rent", my notes for Rent is August, September etc. So I see all bills payed, and if I expand it Monetal shows every subcategory. I think this way is more convient.
If you pay some rare payment, so choose Bill itself inside "Bill" category, and make a note. Thank you.
28th September 2016, 01:13 PM |#14  
\dev\null -yu

More
Ok, yes, that makes sense as well.

Search feature through notes is still missed though
Thanks.
28th October 2016, 09:48 AM |#15  
OP Member
Flag St.Petersburg

Donate to Me
More
Hi everybody,
new version 3.20 is available in Google Play. I have fixed a widget error, and added new feature Wallets which will help to group accouts.

Wallets in Monetal
Wallets are used to group accounts in some sort of sets, which you can switch any time. For example, if you are traveling to Russia just add new wallet "InRussia" and add to it any accounts which you takes with you. Other accounts will be hidden. Switch to Total wallet again to see all accounts.
Wallets examples:
Total. Its general wallet which contains all accounts. Can't be deleted
MyTravel. All accounts you will use in travel
Cards. Bank cards
My accounts. If you are using syncing with other devices its useful to have this wallet.

To create wallet you need more than three accounts. Tap Total in accounts list screen and follow instrictions.

Feel free to ask any questions about Monetal here. Thank you.
30th October 2016, 09:16 PM |#16  
\dev\null -yu

More
You know what I've noticed, that one cannot have the same category in both expense and income.

I'd like to have the ability to assign both incomes and expenses to one the same category.

Is it something that's doable?
31st October 2016, 09:35 AM |#17  
OP Member
Flag St.Petersburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-

I'd like to have the ability to assign both incomes and expenses to one the same category.

Monetal doesn't allow you to have the same category in each income and expense mode., due to internal structure and developing simplicity. But you are welcome to add some sorts of "." or even space to category.
What is tag that you want to have in both categories? May be I can suggest another decision. Thank you.
31st October 2016, 09:38 AM |#18  
\dev\null -yu

More
Thanks. I have a budget for purchasing and reselling and I would like to track it, without making it a separate account.
31st October 2016, 02:12 PM |#19  
OP Member
Flag St.Petersburg

Donate to Me
More
Yes, unfortunetely it seems you have to create two different tags like "MyStorePurchase" and "MyStoreSales". This way will let you to track them separetly. I don't plan to let user create similar tags, there are a lot of changes will need inside the code. Thank you.
31st October 2016, 02:17 PM |#20  
\dev\null -yu

More
Thanks
29th December 2016, 11:12 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The "buy now" page on mymonetal.com says that the paid version includes budgeting, but I can't seem to find it. Could you please explain where this is located within the app and how it works?

Great app, by the way.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to nerdelicious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nerdelicious Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
debt, expense, finance, income, loan

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)