[APP][Free] Monetal - Expense Tracker I develop 10+ years

Search This thread

Kruiller

Nov 8, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
monetal.app
Hello guys,
I am really sorry for a long response, but i switched my primary job and now i have kind of trial period so can't spent a lot time to Monetal.
But for sure I will continue to work on it in April.

to make an list of items to track expiry for items
Sounds interesting. Actually i also thought that it would be great to have some sort of reminder directly in Monetal since i check it everyday. But I was thinking more in slightly different way like "motify me if last transaction with this tag was 2 month ago". Ok, I saved this for future.

Please go on, this would be great opportunity to use it like a superman. Are you going to add One Drive as a backup for the android app. I ask this because all me previous data is on One Drive.
Ok, i think we can setup several intro-sessions in April, stay tuned. I will post info here. About OneDrive I don't have any plans to support it, but there is two options for you right now - open WinPhone if its still alive and do "Monetal - Settings - Migrate to Android"; or just copy your backup files to Dropbox and import from there, file format completely the same.

is there any ways we can import data from other apps? in CSV format perhaps?
Yes, there are several converters (MyMoney, HomeMoney, ZenMoney) but I found that nobody use them. So if you have a specific app and some party of peoples wanting to try Monetal i can write one more)

HI there, does anyone know how to setup and credit card account in monetal for transactions/expenses done
Do you mean you want to log already existence transactions? For this just log them all and then edit account. There is another option to add transaction without effecting account but if you have many of them then the first way much easy. Or please give me more info what you are trying to do.

Reactions: sinsinwar

cacingbesar

Yes, there are several converters (MyMoney, HomeMoney, ZenMoney) but I found that nobody use them. So if you have a specific app and some party of peoples wanting to try Monetal i can write one more)

Can you perhaps enable the importer and give us the header of the CSV? I can try make my own data to import to monetal.
April is totally fine, take your time.

Thanks.

Kruiller

Nov 8, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
monetal.app
Can you perhaps enable the importer and give us the header of the CSV? I can try make my own data to import to monetal.
April is totally fine, take your time. Thanks.
Hello, I have this page for importing data, but currently it's available only in russian interface: https://mymonetal.com/jumpToMonetal.php . As you can see currently it supports 5 different formats. I plan to translate this page soon and probably create a simple universal format to allow everybody prepare its data in Excel and then export to Monetal. I post an update later about this.
But anyway, what is the app do you want to import data from? If it's quite popular and you can provide sample data I can create a special importer to simplify the import flow.

Reactions: N1ka

cacingbesar

Hello, I have this page for importing data, but currently it's available only in russian interface: https://mymonetal.com/jumpToMonetal.php . As you can see currently it supports 5 different formats. I plan to translate this page soon and probably create a simple universal format to allow everybody prepare its data in Excel and then export to Monetal. I post an update later about this.
But anyway, what is the app do you want to import data from? If it's quite popular and you can provide sample data I can create a special importer to simplify the import flow.

Unfortunately, I am currently using a (relatively) unpopular app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chad.financialrecord

Please let us know if you had decided the universal format to allow importing data to Monetal.
Thank you.

sinsinwar

Jul 23, 2019
Hi Ilya,

Its always good to write to you. I was trying to get a discount code but then I thought I should just buy it because believe me, this is one of my top three apps. And you deserve it to keep it alive for so many years and make it available also on android as windows phone vanished.

I see that on android there are many new functions, but I need help for mainly below point :
1. how does debt function work? (what if I have taken a loan from bank/friend, how will I log it) (how I transfer money from my account to this loan account so that I see what is remaining) ----- previously I just created an loan account and transferred it but now I want to use this debt function.

Kruiller

Nov 8, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
monetal.app
how does debt function work?
Hi, you have several options here.
1) If you already got this money before you started using Monetal then just go to Debt tab and tap "+" beside "My debts" or "My loans". This will add debt or loan without affecting accounts. Then just pay for as you go for this creditor and this page will show debt status. When you cover all amount you got ($1000 for example) probably you will continue to pay as bank has its percents. In this stage Monetal will show that now bank owns you money. Just cover all debt completely and in the end you will see your overpayment ($50), which bank owns you. In the end I just tap on "heart button" beside debt to forgive it.

2) If you just took a credit then choose an account where money comes to, tap + , enter amount $1000, choose "Debts" > "MyFavoriteBank". Now on Debt tab you can see your debt to bank. Every month pay to this creditor by "-" beside any account and you will see how debt is melting down.
Feel free to ask additional questions. Probably it's easier to show then describe)

ps. here also a video but so far available in russian lang only https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TW8NL3iLoU

Last edited:
Reactions: sinsinwar

N1ka

Apr 2, 2017
Foreign currencies and exchange rate

Hi,
I was looking for the expense manager who can handle tags, as I believe that one expense can have more categories at the same time...
Monetal stroke me with it's simplicity. I thought - there must be a catch - it must have traded some functionality, but as much as I can see from the blogs and reviews, it has all that I need.
Or most of it.
I just installed the app. I am currently in Libya, and there is no Libyan Dinar available to choose for a currency. Is it possible to add it somehow?
Also - I see that it is somehow connected to some exchange rate base. In Libya the official and "street" course are drastically different, so I will need to "override" the official exchange rate. I see that you add that option too - great!

Thanks for a great app,
Cheers
Nika

P.s. - I choose Jordan Dinar as a temporary currency for my "Libyan wallet", I hope I'll be able to just change the JD to LYD as the wallet currency later, and that the transactions will remain intact... :)

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

One more quick question:
I want to have tags (categories) in my native language. Should I just rename the existing, or delete them and add new "translated"?
I would rename them, but I don't know if it can "confuse" and mix something later with some new update or similar...?

Cheers

Kruiller

Nov 8, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
monetal.app
Hi,
there is no Libyan Dinar available to choose for a currency. Is it possible to add it somehow?
Hi, yes, for sure, I will add it in the nearest future. I will post here when it's available.
I hope I'll be able to just change the JD to LYD as the wallet currency later
I am afraid it's not an option here. General currency shouldn't be changed later, just picked one time in the beginning. I plan to have this option later, but it's not ready now.
I want to have tags (categories) in my native language. Should I just rename the existing, or delete them and add new "translated"?
Yes, are you free to edit tags as you wish, group them or create new, there are no limitations for that.

sinsinwar

Jul 23, 2019
Extract as excel file?

Hi dev,

Hope you and everyone else is doing well in these testing times. Be safe and spread the positivity and safety.

I want to ask if we can extract the monthly reports as excel, I got it as text only.

sinsinwar

Jul 23, 2019
this will do

Hi, it's a universal format with tab dividers. If you like you can import it to Excel just choose "tab" as dividers.
What kind of statistics do you want to get from excel? I use Monetal about 6 years and I assume it covers almost all situations.

This is okay, I always micromanage my expenses, so want to have it in excel, now I can do it ( tab dividers)

Thank you, again for a great app

And hope you are well in the tough times....

naughtykain

Mar 13, 2017
I would like to support and buy the Full Version.

But since i’m using both IOS and Android, I’d like to at least be able to use it for both devices via Sync through DropBox or Box. iCloud isn’t very convenient.

So anytime that I have a change or update using my Android device, it would have the same information in my IOS device.

Also, if I buy the full version in Android, will that also take effect in the IOS? I hope it does.

Kruiller

Nov 8, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
monetal.app
I’d like to at least be able to use it for both devices via Sync through DropBox or Box.
Hi,
Sync between devices is relaying that both devices related to different users, husband and wife for example. It has some limitations like you can't edit one device transactions from another. Sync is relaying on monetal server so no dropbox or iCloud needed. This cloud storages are used just for backup. Sync data are stored temporary on server without any corresponding info about related users since Monetal doesn't require any registration.

akks

Jun 1, 2012
I'm unable to restore my backup from Dropbox. Please help. Have been using this app for years now. All my previous datas are gone, not able to restore.

akks

Jun 1, 2012
Hi,
Sync between devices is relaying that both devices related to different users, husband and wife for example. It has some limitations like you can't edit one device transactions from another. Sync is relaying on monetal server so no dropbox or iCloud needed. This cloud storages are used just for backup. Sync data are stored temporary on server without any corresponding info about related users since Monetal doesn't require any registration.

Please help me restore my Dropbox backup. I'm badly in need of it.
When I press restore, the progress bar isn't moving at all. Nothing is happening. Had been trying several times for past few days. Uninstalled, cleared app data, everything possible done. Tried to restore in another device too, there also not able to restore. I am having the backup ".mon" file in Dropbox. Can I manually restore from that file or anything. Please help me

Kruiller

Nov 8, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
monetal.app
Please help me restore my Dropbox backup. I'm badly in need of it.
When I press restore, the progress bar isn't moving at all. Nothing is happening. Had been trying several times for past few days. Uninstalled, cleared app data, everything possible done. Tried to restore in another device too, there also not able to restore. I am having the backup ".mon" file in Dropbox. Can I manually restore from that file or anything. Please help me

Hello, please contact with support@mymonetal.com , I will help you there.

Kruiller

Nov 8, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
monetal.app
Hello and Happy New Year!
Right now you can grab Monetal with a 95% discount for Android and for free for ios. Just these two days - 31 December and 1 January! Repost/retweet is highly appreciated! And the most important thing - don't forget to make a backup sometimes =)

14848741.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Frame 56 (1).png

Monetal - The Expense Tracker

Completely free! No-Ads, no In-App purchases!

Offering a clean and intuitive interface, the application makes it super easy and fun for you to track expenses!​

1690736911434.png

Hi everybody! I am indie dev of Monetal - a powerful and user-friendly tool designed to revolutionise the way users manage their finances, helping them gain control over their financial life. Monetal is completely free app: no-Ads, no In-App purchases. Enjoy!

Why it's free?

I have a full time job as iOS dev and that is my pet project. It had in-app purchases before, but I dropped them completely and make it free because huge amount of Monetal users was facing problem since this war between Russia and Ukraine. I don’t collaborate with any company or share any user data. I don’t plan to deal with in-app purchases or ads again. May be just some sort of sponsorship, but certainly shouldn’t effect existing users.

❤️ I do my best to read every message. Please don't hesitate to leave a feedback 🤝

Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clickland.monetal.free
    Home page: monetal.app
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/IlyaKrupko
    Hello,
    Great news, Monetal has passed moderation and is available in Google Play again ;)
    New Monetal v.3.3 is published. Please make a backup before update. As always, to support@mymonetal.com until 8 february, and you will get activation code fo FREE. Thank you!
    - Sync up to three devices
    - interface optimization
    - UYU and NIS currencies
    - resizeble widget
    - several bugs fixed
    Ok guys, Monetal needs new users, so free promo codes are available until 15 february! Try Monetal and contact with support@myMonetal.com to get activation code to unclock all features for free. Monetal needs your attention, not money. Thank you!

ps. if you want review Monetal on your blog or site don't hesitate to contact me to gethelp. Monetal was reviewed several times total and that is a great opportunity to get interesting content to your readers
    Hi! I am not sure I will implement it soon, but so far you already can import Monetal backup file .mon - it's simple txt file, use tab separator to parse it.
    Thank you, I wasn’t aware. Can you document the rows in the mon file somewhere?