FORUMS

[APP][6.0+] Moviebase - Discover Movies & TV Shows

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By lionberlin, Member on 11th October 2017, 12:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from lionberlin: Discover, find and manage your movies, TV shows and actors
18th December 2017, 07:34 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
It looks great, thanks!
22nd December 2017, 03:38 PM |#22  
OP Member

More
Thank you for using my app At the moment the trakt is the only backup option, but I will implement an import/export lists function.

Let me know if I can do something for you
11th January 2018, 12:22 PM |#23  
OP Member

More
Introducing Moviebase 0.5 with a home screen for your own categories and new discover options 🙌 🎉 Explore Netflix Originals, Popular Genres and TMDb Community Lists such as Marvel, Disney & Oscar Nominations.

Home
13th January 2018, 05:20 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hello, i have tried your app and many others before that.
this app is simply the best that is out there when it comes to features and visual presentation infact i would rate it 10 out of 5.
but the only problem i found is there is an inconsistency with the number of movies and tv shows i have watched on the trakt website and the number synced to this app.
and the most recent episodes that i have watched is displayed some old episodes i have watched back in jan 2016 where in fact i did watch some last night even just before downloading the app.

please fix this app.
if you need funding you should just release unreleased status in playstore and release a paid version already.
i'm sure many are willing to pay for it.
17th January 2018, 01:17 PM |#25  
OP Member

More
Hi priyatamroorkee,

thank you very much for your feedback. I am using the TMDb client. Some movies and series are not consistency with the trakt data. The app loads a lot of data from tmdb when the user is using trakt sync. This problem is on my ToDo list and will be fixed in the futur (maybe with a own server).

I released a paid version, but I got many bad reviews....
17th January 2018, 02:01 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionberlin

Hi priyatamroorkee,

thank you very much for your feedback. I am using the TMDb client. Some movies and series are not consistency with the trakt data. The app loads a lot of data from tmdb when the user is using trakt sync. This problem is on my ToDo list and will be fixed in the futur (maybe with a own server).

I released a paid version, but I got many bad reviews....

i'm very sorry to hear that. the probable reason for the backlash might be because you took away the free features unexpectedly with your new version, you should have left those features free and included notifications/widgets as the paid feature.
you should not force users to upgrade to pro version suddenly, you should have left the donation package in the settings menu and let the idea that it took some time to create this app sink in with the users mind before they start to think about paying for your app.
17th January 2018, 10:13 PM |#27  
OP Member

More
Yes, but the usage of the app isn't effected by the new purchase option. The user can use everything without a "big" pain. Other people are annoying that they must pay for new theme or rating services... With this thinking, I am not willing to develop more free features...
28th January 2018, 09:55 PM |#28  
OP Member

More
I uploaded a new beta version 0.5.3 with a better trakt sync
21st February 2018, 12:10 PM |#29  
OP Member

More
New beta 0.6.0 is released:
- Guide for TV shows: recently aired episodes, next watched
- Checkin with notification (trakt
- Write comments (trakt)
- New language: Hungary
- Sort by popularity
- Deep Linking: Open Moviebase from TMDb links:
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1402
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/284053

Prime
- Configurate the tabs order from the detail perspective
- Theme Night Blue
4th March 2018, 04:49 AM |#30  
Flag Rio das Ostras
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Hi,
Great job, this app is fantastic.

Do you plan to add Netflix and HBO go to the streaming tab inside movies and TV shows details? This would be a great addition.
Perhaps an integration with JustWatch, a service that checks where a movie/show is available to watch at.

I have another suggestion but I don't know if is possible or something on the app side or from the sources you get the movies names. I'm from Brazil and the movies posters are on Brazilian Portuguese as expected, but the titles are in Portugal Portuguese. Sometimes I cannot find/recognize a movie because the title is different. Is there a way to get Brazilian portuguese titles?

BTW, love the night blue theme!

Best regards,

Enviado de meu LG-H990 usando Tapatalk
4th March 2018, 04:54 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Why do you want me to switch to this app instead cinetrak. Just a question to dev.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
imdb, movies, tmdb, trailers, tv shows

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)