NetGuard provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet - no root required.
Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.
Blocking access to the internet can help:
- reduce your data usage
- save your battery
- increase your privacy
- Simple to use
- No root required
- 100% open source
- No calling home
- No tracking or analytics
- Actively developed and supported
- Android 5.1 and later supported
- IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
- Tethering supported
- Multiple device users supported
- Optionally allow when screen on
- Optionally block when roaming
- Optionally block system applications
- Optionally forward ports, also to external addresses (not available if installed from the Play store)
- Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
- Optionally record network usage per application per address
- Optionally block ads using a hosts file (not available if installed from the Play store)
- Material design theme with light and dark theme
- Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
- Allow/block individual addresses per application
- New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
- Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
- Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version
There is no other no-root firewall offering all these features.
This XDA thread is for community support of the latest version of NetGuard only.
I am not active on XDA anymore, you can read here why.
For ad blocking, see here. Ad blocking is provide as-is.
More information on Github:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For more screenshots, see here.
NetGuard, App for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/
Last Updated 2017-11-08