NetGuard provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet - no root required.
Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.
Blocking access to the internet can help:
- reduce your data usage
- save your battery
- increase your privacy
- Simple to use
- No root required
- 100% open source
- No calling home
- No tracking or analytics
- No advertisements
- Actively developed and supported
- Android 5.1 and later supported
- IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
- Tethering supported
- Optionally allow when screen on
- Optionally block when roaming
- Optionally block system applications
- Optionally forward ports, also to external addresses (not available if installed from the Play store)
- Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
- Optionally record network usage per application per address
- Optionally block ads using a hosts file (not available if installed from the Play store)
- Material design theme with light and dark theme
- Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
- Allow/block individual addresses per application
- New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
- Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
- Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version
There is no other no-root firewall offering all these features.
This XDA thread is about using the latest version of NetGuard.
Off topic comments are allowed as long they are related to NetGuard and are in the general interest of the followers of this thread.
Discussion of purchases is not allowed here, please contact me via here instead.
For ad blocking, see here. Ad blocking is provide "as-is".
More information on Github:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For more screenshots, see here.
NetGuard, App for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/
Last Updated 2019-08-13