FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What are you mainly using NetGuard for?

Reducing data usage

363 Vote(s)
31.29%
Saving battery

258 Vote(s)
22.24%
Increasing privacy

583 Vote(s)
50.26%
Blocking ads

764 Vote(s)
65.86%

[APP][6.0+] NetGuard - No-root firewall

20,430 posts
Thanks Meter: 42,609

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 25th October 2015, 02:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd October 2019, 03:44 AM |#10331  
Thanks Meter: 208

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Globule

Did you set VPN DNS addresses or are you using by default those given by the ISP DHCP server?

I didn't change anything from Android 9 on my OnePlus 7 pro except upgrade to Android 10.

I have the international version.

It's the normal settings nothing is changed. I can't understand why it's doing this

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Globule

Did you set VPN DNS addresses or are you using by default those given by the ISP DHCP server?

I did not change anything I simply upgraded from Android 9 on the OnePlus 7 pro international to the Android 10 update everything was left normal.
Such as filtering and UDP traffic nothing was customized or anyting it was working on 9 and now it doesn't work on 10
23rd October 2019, 07:59 AM |#10332  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangrenius

I did all that I've had netguard for years. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it's still saying ad blocking is not working 😩

You can try to disable private DNS in the Android settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2019, 08:02 AM |#10333  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangrenius

I didn't change anything from Android 9 on my OnePlus 7 pro except upgrade to Android 10.

I have the international version.

It's the normal settings nothing is changed. I can't understand why it's doing this

I've got the same issue as you (adblocking didn't work although everything was set) just after a monthly patch (not an upgrade) and I solved the problem by setting two DNS addresses in NG.
Maybe you can give a try.
23rd October 2019, 11:53 AM |#10334  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I asked someone to do the same I did and in this case he uses a smartphone with LineageOS and with Netguard + Net Monitor.

The result is the same: connection to 2 Google servers, ipv6 and both were ESTABLISHED, 1 of them unencrypted and the other encrypted (like me) but in this case the domains are different than my result:

https://ibb.co/SVHMPmM

And another friend of mine with a Huawei mate 10 without Netguard doesn´t give any result to Google with Net Monitor...: weird.
The Following User Says Thank You to netguarduser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift netguarduser Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 12:37 PM |#10335  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi, I am using 'Shelter' app to isolate apps. Is there any option to block addresses of the particular apps using shelter?
23rd October 2019, 12:39 PM |#10336  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akib.javed

Hi, I am using 'Shelter' app to isolate apps. Is there any option to block addresses of the particular apps using shelter?

You can try to install NetGuard in the Shelter, but be aware that this use case is not supported because too many Android version do not handle the VPN correctly in this situation.
23rd October 2019, 12:50 PM |#10337  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

You can try to install NetGuard in the Shelter, but be aware that this use case is not supported because too many Android version do not handle the VPN correctly in this situation.

This use case is not supported mean? Will it work? Or won't work totally? How secure it is?
23rd October 2019, 12:52 PM |#10338  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akib.javed

This use case is not supported mean? Will it work? Or won't work totally? How secure it is?

It is means that if it doesn't work that you are out of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2019, 12:59 PM |#10339  

More
Oh! It’s working. Great! Thanks mannn!!!
23rd October 2019, 01:36 PM |#10340  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netguarduser

I don´t think that the connection is made this way, because when I "only use Wifi" then the source connection is from my Wifi local IP, or internal IP 192.168.1..., and when I use "4g only" then the source connection is an IANA address: 10.144.178.114
https://dnslytics.com/ip/10.144.178.114

So, the source address isn´t always from 4g, nor from my real IP, only from my local IP.

What I was trying to get at, is how to isolate your device from any possible internet access under the booting up, before Netguard has had a chance to start up.

This is not trivial to do, depending on what wifis there may be near you, but especially wrt to which mobile operators may be available.

You can of course turn off WiFi in your device and put it in airplane mode, before rebooting it.

If things work as advertised, that should work and allow Netguard time to start up before you activate either the WiFi or the gsm network.

But there is no way to easily verify that neither WiFi nor the cell radio modem are activated surreptitiously by something in your device, i.e. without special monitoring equipment of some kind.

It does boil down to whether you trust the OEM manufacturer, the ROM you are running, and even Qualcomm I suppose.
The Following User Says Thank You to cobben For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cobben Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 01:46 PM |#10341  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobben

What I was trying to get at, is how to isolate your device from any possible internet access under the booting up, before Netguard has had a chance to start up.

This is not trivial to do, depending on what wifis there may be near you, but especially wrt to which mobile operators may be available.

You can of course turn off WiFi in your device and put it in airplane mode, before rebooting it.

If things work as advertised, that should work and allow Netguard time to start up before you activate either the WiFi or the gsm network.

But there is no way to easily verify that neither WiFi nor the cell radio modem are activated surreptitiously by something in your device, i.e. without special monitoring equipment of some kind.

It does boil down to whether you trust the OEM manufacturer, the ROM you are running, and even Qualcomm I suppose.

Yes, I reboot the smartphone without internet in airplane mode.
But read what I posted before:
A smartphone with LineageOS + Netguard = the same result as mine with uid1000
A smartphone with Android without Netguard = no result or Google servers with uid1000

But, if Netguard doesn´t connect to Google, as Marcel said, then something weird must be happening...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)