FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What are you mainly using NetGuard for?

Reducing data usage

324 Vote(s)
31.30%
Saving battery

224 Vote(s)
21.64%
Increasing privacy

497 Vote(s)
48.02%
Blocking ads

683 Vote(s)
65.99%

[APP][6.0+] NetGuard - No-root firewall

17,092 posts
Thanks Meter: 35,038

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 25th October 2015, 01:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2015, 06:19 PM |#121  
Flag Amadora
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Please describe in more details what you expected and what was the actual result.

There are two known problems on some devices:

1. NetGuard crashes when enabling the switch
  2. NetGuard blocks all traffic, independent of the settings
Both problems are caused by bugs in software of the device and cannot be solved in the app.

If you have one of these problems, I like to know the exact device type and Android version.

See also here: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard#compatibility

second point , but maybe because asus zenfone 2 its x86 or something not add in rom

2nd November 2015, 06:43 PM |#122  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcarrega

second point , but maybe because asus zenfone 2 its x86 or something not add in rom

The CPU architecture is not the problem, but your issue has been confirmed by someone else
Updated compatibility section: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard#compatibility
2nd November 2015, 07:15 PM |#123  
Flag Amadora
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The CPU architecture is not the problem, but your issue has been confirmed by someone else
Updated compatibility section: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard#compatibility

sad trombone
2nd November 2015, 07:16 PM |#124  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcarrega

sad trombone

Call ASUS ...
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2015, 08:03 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
@M66B

Hey Marcel,

although you said that NetGuard will not be available through F-Droid V0.7 is present in the repo. I hope this is correct...

Best regards
2nd November 2015, 08:11 PM |#126  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNec

@M66B

Hey Marcel,

although you said that NetGuard will not be available through F-Droid V0.7 is present in the repo. I hope this is correct...

Best regards

This is not my doing and I can't say I am glad with it, since I have no control over it, resulting in an outdated version being distributed, which is support wise far from ideal, certainly for beta versions. I cannot remove NetGuard from F-Drpid either, other than changing the license to a non free license.
2nd November 2015, 09:20 PM |#127  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
You are ging to change my top five android apps . Xprivacy has been one of the most important apps from the beginning and if you continue, I will think about using your app instead of afwall+. At the moment,the app is running in my girlfriends device (she does not want to root) and it is very promising
The Following User Says Thank You to Somebod y For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Somebod y Ad-Free
2nd November 2015, 09:41 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi there!

It is a pity for me to read about all the issues with fdroid, as I really love fdroid and I'm really loving your app too. I discovered the app through the 0.7 version posted in f-droid and have since been following the development.

Both the f-droid version and the latest beta build work great on my moto e 2015 on android 5.02.

In case, you were not aware, f-droid allows anyone to create their own f-droid repo, allowing control of the signatures and the release schedule... It would be best in my opinion if there was a simple way to resolve the issue with the f-droid guys directly but it's true that updates done through their build system are likely to be less timely. In anycase, perhaps rolling a netguard f-droid repo would be an adequate compromise to support the f-droid users?

I'm obviously biased wrt f-droid support but I was wondering if you had considered the possibility of the app being excluded from the playstore once it becomes popular as it can be used to interfere with advertisements shown on the device. From what I understand of changes to marshmallow (if I am not mistaken) all apps are now automatically granted internet rights. If this is indeed the model being followed I could see google eventually having issue with publishing your app on the playstore.

I wouldn't want to jinx anything, and I hope it will be easy for netguard to be supported both by f-droid and google playstore since it really is a great app!.. Just a couple of thoughts.

Thanks!

edit: forgot to mention that if you really dont want your app on f-droid you can just ask them, they have obliged other developpers with similar issues I believe. I really hope it does not come to that though
2nd November 2015, 09:50 PM |#129  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbop

Hi there!

It is a pity for me to read about all the issues with fdroid, as I really love fdroid and I'm really loving your app too. I discovered the app through the 0.7 version posted in f-droid and have since been following the development.

Both the f-droid version and the latest beta build work great on my moto e 2015 on android 5.02.

In case, you were not aware, f-droid allows anyone to create their own f-droid repo, allowing control of the signatures and the release schedule... It would be best in my opinion if there was a simple way to resolve the issue with the f-droid guys directly but it's true that updates done through their build system are likely to be less timely. In anycase, perhaps rolling a netguard f-droid repo would be an adequate compromise to support the f-droid users?

I'm obviously biased wrt f-droid support but I was wondering if you had considered the possibility of the app being excluded from the playstore once it becomes popular as it can be used to interfere with advertisements shown on the device. From what I understand of changes to marshmallow (if I am not mistaken) all apps are now automatically granted internet rights. If this is indeed the model being followed I could see google eventually having issue with publishing your app on the playstore.

I wouldn't want to jinx anything, and I hope it will be easy for netguard to be supported both by f-droid and google playstore since it really is a great app!.. Just a couple of thoughts.

Thanks!

Bringing an F-Droid repo online is not my priority, but developing a great application is.

I am not afraid that NetGuard will be removed from the Play store, because AFWall+, is available in the Play store already for a long time.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2015, 10:10 PM |#130  

More
Great app! It does exactly what I want it to do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Salsa King For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Salsa King Ad-Free
2nd November 2015, 10:13 PM |#131  

More
Quote:

I am not afraid that NetGuard will be removed from the Play store, because AFWall+, is available in the Play store already for a long time.

That's good news, I have read several articles lately related to apps being shutdown from playstore for similar reasons and I know that adaway and perhaps some others are only available on f-droid... However, I dont really use playstore anymore (and don't bother with rooting either) so I was not aware that they still allowed apps like afwall.

Anyway, I thought your app was already great at 0.7 so all the best with your development!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)