Votes: 989 64.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

drezz2

Jul 24, 2008
Madrid
Hello, I would like to know where the application saves the configuration of the vpn? it asks for the permission when it is executed for the first time to create the vpn, but when the cache and the data are cleared and you activate it again, it does not ask for the permission again, where does it keep it?
In the android / vpn section, no vpn appears when it is accepted. Should it appear?
When the application is uninstalled, does it remove the created vpn?

what do "restore network use"?

thanks for all

Last edited:

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hello, I would like to know where the application saves the configuration of the vpn? it asks for the permission when it is executed for the first time to create the vpn, but when the cache and the data are cleared and you activate it again, it does not ask for the permission again, where does it keep it?
In the android / vpn section, no vpn appears when it is accepted. Should it appear?
When the application is uninstalled, does it remove the created vpn?

thanks for all
Android manages and stores the VPN permission, not NetGuard.

Reactions: drezz2

drezz2

Jul 24, 2008
Madrid
Android manages and stores the VPN permission, not NetGuard.

that's why I thought it should appear in the vpn configuration section, although I see that it does not
Maybe it only appears if I created it?
(here)
android-4-pptp-step-02.png

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
that's why I thought it should appear in the vpn configuration section, although I see that it does not
Maybe it only appears if I created it?
(here)
Maybe it is easier if you tell what the problem is instead of trying to do things that might not help at all.

La_Globule

Nov 6, 2007
Hello drezz2,
I'm running Android v7.0 (Nougat) on a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 and Netguard appears in the VPN list you mentioned.
Hope it helps

jshamlet

Aug 25, 2014
I am having a bit of trouble with filtering and Chromecast usage on my Samsung devices. This isn't really critical, but I thought I would bring it up.

I am using Solid Explorer to stream a video file from a network attached storage device to a Chromecast receiver*. This actually works astonishingly well, but I have noticed that if I have filtering turned on in NetGuard, it will randomly cause the WiFi connection to appear down. (I get the little "no Internet" icon in the status bar). Once this happens, all WiFi networking is borked until I disable NetGuard or restart the tablet. As a test, I streamed an 8 hour video to my Chromecast with NetGuard enabled, but filtering off. It was still running just fine this morning, so there isn't an underlying hardware fault.

Again, this isn't a major issue, as I don't really need ad blocking at this level. Most of my apps are either paid or I can just 100% block them. However, it appears that the additional load of streaming like this is causing a problem.

* [NAS SERVER] <-> {WiFi Router} <-> [Galaxy Tab S2 with NetGuard & Solid Explorer ] <-> {WiFi Router} <-> [Chromecast]

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I am having a bit of trouble with filtering and Chromecast usage on my Samsung devices. This isn't really critical, but I thought I would bring it up.

I am using Solid Explorer to stream a video file from a network attached storage device to a Chromecast receiver*. This actually works astonishingly well, but I have noticed that if I have filtering turned on in NetGuard, it will randomly cause the WiFi connection to appear down. (I get the little "no Internet" icon in the status bar). Once this happens, all WiFi networking is borked until I disable NetGuard or restart the tablet. As a test, I streamed an 8 hour video to my Chromecast with NetGuard enabled, but filtering off. It was still running just fine this morning, so there isn't an underlying hardware fault.

Again, this isn't a major issue, as I don't really need ad blocking at this level. Most of my apps are either paid or I can just 100% block them. However, it appears that the additional load of streaming like this is causing a problem.

* [NAS SERVER] <-> {WiFi Router} <-> [Galaxy Tab S2 with NetGuard & Solid Explorer ] <-> {WiFi Router} <-> [Chromecast]
Unfortunately and fortunately I cannot see what is going on on your device.

steakhutzeee

Apr 13, 2013
I'm trying to block googleads.g.doubleclick.net/443.

How can I do this? Logging is a paid feature?

Thanks

Inviato dal mio BLN-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

bgdrls

Jul 22, 2014
With 2.164 i have two crashes last week. I catch the last one, logcat uploaded...

Last edited:

Sssseosssss

Dec 2, 2017
Hi,
Sorry for a bit offtopic, just can't find elsewhere :
Would anyone suggest what programs to whitelist/allow accessing internet to get Android os update.
Thanks!

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I would have thought that as long as you're not rooted and you haven't set Netguard to manage system apps you don't need to allow any installed apps special access to get an OTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_launcher.png

NetGuard provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet - no root required.
    Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.

Blocking access to the internet can help:
    • reduce your data usage
    • save your battery
    • increase your privacy

Features:
    • Simple to use
    • No root required
    • 100% open source
    • No calling home
    • No tracking or analytics
    • No advertisements
    • Actively developed and supported
    • Android 5.1 and later supported
    • IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
    • Tethering supported
    • Optionally allow when screen on
    • Optionally block when roaming
    • Optionally block system applications
    • Optionally forward ports, also to external addresses (not available if installed from the Play store)
    • Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
    • Optionally record network usage per application per address
    • Optionally block ads using a hosts file (not available if installed from the Play store)
    • Material design theme with light and dark theme

PRO features
    • Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
    • Allow/block individual addresses per application
    • New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
    • Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
    • Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version

There is no other no-root firewall, except for clones, offering all these features.

This XDA thread is about using the latest version of NetGuard.
    Off topic comments are allowed as long they are related to NetGuard and are in the general interest of the followers of this thread.

Discussion of purchases is not allowed here, please contact me via here instead.

NetGuard is being maintained and community supported, but new features won't be added anymore.

For ad blocking, see here. Ad blocking is provide "as-is".

More information on Github:

Downloads:

Screenshots:
    101-main.png
    102-main-details.png

103-main-access.png
    108-notifications.png

For more screenshots, see here.
    I have just released stable version 2.39.

Changelog/download
    https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.39

This version will be available in the Play store after Google's approval.

Usage data sharing has been removed from this version.

The future of this project depends on the general support for this project. You can for example write something positive here or in the Play store, press the thanks button, donate something, purchase a pro feature or contribute translations or source code.
    NetGuard is currently in alpha testing phase.
    Please report any problems you encounter.

It would be nice if someone could design an appropriate icon.
    I have just released beta version 2.21.

Changelog/download:
    https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.21

This version will be available as beta version in the Play store after Google's approval.