FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: What are you mainly using NetGuard for?

Reducing data usage
 
324 Vote(s)
31.21%
Saving battery
 
226 Vote(s)
21.77%
Increasing privacy
 
499 Vote(s)
48.07%
Blocking ads
 
685 Vote(s)
65.99%

[APP][6.0+] NetGuard - No-root firewall

17,192 posts
Thanks Meter: 35,300
 
By M66B, Recognized Developer on 25th October 2015, 01:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th October 2015, 11:01 PM |#41  
monkeybuttons's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
Really like the idea. Recently started using an app that lets me remote into my work but doesn't allow rooted devices.

I'm on a stock, unmodified 6.0 Nexus 5.

Just a couple of suggestions. The spot to tap to open the checkbox "allow when device in use" is difficult to find. I almost have to tap between the entries to make it show. Not sure if this is a bug or feature. Also, the ability to filter by user or system app and bulk enable or disable for wifi or mobile would be fantastic, maybe a paid upgrade feature?

Overall I love the app. Thanks for thinking of the non-root community!
 
 
29th October 2015, 11:38 PM |#42  
abo hani's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. Wendel
Thanks Meter: 4,621
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

NetGuard is currently in alpha testing phase.
Please report any problems you encounter.

It would be nice if someone could design an appropriate icon.

So, I've designed 3 icons for your app, how can i send them to you if you disabled the messaging ?

P.S : I've translated your app to Arabic, but i'm newbie to GitHub, So here's the values-ar :

+<resources>
+ <string name="app_name" translatable="false">NetGuard</string>
+ <string name="app_copyright">الحقوق /u00A9 2015 بواسطة M. Bokhorst (M66B)</string>
+
+ <string name="menu_search">البحث عن تطبيقات</string>
+ <string name="menu_network">فتح إعدادات الشبكة</string>
+ <string name="menu_refresh">تحديث التطبيقات</string>
+ <string name="menu_whitelist_wifi">حظر الواي فاي بشكل افتراضي</string>
+ <string name="menu_whitelist_other">حظر الشبكة بشكل افتراضي</string>
+ <string name="menu_reset_wifi">إعادة تعييت قوانين الواي فاي</string>
+ <string name="menu_reset_other">إعادة تعيين قوانين الجهاز</string>
+ <string name="menu_dark">استخدام الثيم الداكن</string>
+ <string name="menu_vpn_settings">فتح إعدادات الـVPN</string>
+ <string name="menu_support">الدعم</string>
+ <string name="menu_forum">اذهب إلى المنتدى</string>
+ <string name="menu_logcat">إرسال logcat</string>
+ <string name="menu_about">حول</string>
+
+ <string name="msg_sure">هل أنت متأكد؟</string>
+ <string name="msg_disabled">التطبيق غير مُفعّل, قم بتفعيل التطبيق من الخيار أعلاه.</string>
+
+ <string name="title_using">السماح عند استخدام الجهاز</string>
+</resources>
The Following User Says Thank You to abo hani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abo hani Ad-Free
30th October 2015, 02:10 AM |#43  
Weetbix's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kariong
Thanks Meter: 292
 
More
I've just installed v0.7 on my rooted LG G4 (H815) running android 5.1.

No issues installing NetGuard, and none with the very brief test I've done with a user app and WiFi. When I get a chance I'll give it a more thorough workout.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weetbix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Weetbix Ad-Free
30th October 2015, 07:33 AM |#44  
exadeci's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
Great app, could you submit it to F-droid too ? https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/Inclusion_Policy
30th October 2015, 07:34 AM |#45  
Junior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Thanks for the app.
The Following User Says Thank You to NitinObero09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NitinObero09 Ad-Free
30th October 2015, 07:47 AM |#46  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 35,300
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybuttons

Really like the idea. Recently started using an app that lets me remote into my work but doesn't allow rooted devices.

I'm on a stock, unmodified 6.0 Nexus 5.

Just a couple of suggestions. The spot to tap to open the checkbox "allow when device in use" is difficult to find. I almost have to tap between the entries to make it show. Not sure if this is a bug or feature

I guess you are trying to tap the small person icon. Tapping the application icon or name will also expand the attributes (one for now). I will add a visual indications to make this option more clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybuttons

Also, the ability to filter by user or system app and bulk enable or disable for wifi or mobile would be fantastic, maybe a paid upgrade feature?

Overall I love the app. Thanks for thinking of the non-root community!

I like to keep the app as simple as possible and filtering on system and user apps seems not really necessary to me. There is already a search function to quickly find an application. Why do you need a bulk enable/disable? You can already enable/disable the firewall using the switch in the action bar.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2015, 07:52 AM |#47  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 35,300
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abo hani

So, I've designed 3 icons for your app, how can i send them to you if you disabled the messaging ?

P.S : I've translated your app to Arabic, but i'm newbie to GitHub, So here's the values-ar :


+<resources>
+ <string name="app_name" translatable="false">NetGuard</string>
+ <string name="app_copyright">الحقوق /u00A9 2015 بواسطة M. Bokhorst (M66B)</string>
+
+ <string name="menu_search">البحث عن تطبيقات</string>
+ <string name="menu_network">فتح إعدادات الشبكة</string>
+ <string name="menu_refresh">تحديث التطبيقات</string>
+ <string name="menu_whitelist_wifi">حظر الواي فاي بشكل افتراضي</string>
+ <string name="menu_whitelist_other">حظر الشبكة بشكل افتراضي</string>
+ <string name="menu_reset_wifi">إعادة تعييت قوانين الواي فاي</string>
+ <string name="menu_reset_other">إعادة تعيين قوانين الجهاز</string>
+ <string name="menu_dark">استخدام الثيم الداكن</string>
+ <string name="menu_vpn_settings">فتح إعدادات الـVPN</string>
+ <string name="menu_support">الدعم</string>
+ <string name="menu_forum">اذهب إلى المنتدى</string>
+ <string name="menu_logcat">إرسال logcat</string>
+ <string name="menu_about">حول</string>
+
+ <string name="msg_sure">هل أنت متأكد؟</string>
+ <string name="msg_disabled">التطبيق غير مُفعّل, قم بتفعيل التطبيق من الخيار أعلاه.</string>
+
+ <string name="title_using">السماح عند استخدام الجهاز</string>
+</resources>

First of all thanks for contributing to the project!
Please publish the icons here, so others can give their opinion on them as well.
The Arabic translation will be part of the next release.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2015, 07:56 AM |#48  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 35,300
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exadeci

Great app, could you submit it to F-droid too ? https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/Inclusion_Policy

As soon as F-Droid allows me to sign the application myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2015, 08:21 AM |#49  
exodius48's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Yori's Heart
Thanks Meter: 629
 
Donate to Me
More
@M66B Can you support kitkat 4.4.x?
30th October 2015, 08:24 AM |#50  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 35,300
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exodius48

@M66B Can you support kitkat 4.4.x?

Please read here: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard#FAQ3
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2015, 09:47 AM |#51  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 35,300
 
More
I have just released beta version 0.8.

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/0.8

Feedback, positive or negative, and thanks are appreciated.

If there are no major complaints about this release, I will submit NetGuard tomorrow to the Play store.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes