FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What are you mainly using NetGuard for?

Reducing data usage

320 Vote(s)
31.47%
Saving battery

224 Vote(s)
22.03%
Increasing privacy

486 Vote(s)
47.79%
Blocking ads

678 Vote(s)
66.67%

[APP][6.0+] NetGuard - No-root firewall

16,820 posts
Thanks Meter: 34,337

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 25th October 2015, 01:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th July 2017, 06:46 PM |#5001  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ik8vwa

Ah ok. Thanks.

The ad blocking instructions say "provided as-is", which means ad blocking is not really supported. The reason is that it is too time consuming to support ad blocking. Basically this means you'll have to figure it out yourself now. IMHO I have provided more than enough help already.

16th July 2017, 06:49 PM |#5002  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Ok my request was toward everyone no need to stress. Did you notice that if you want to clear the app log (e. g. CHROME) clicking on the bin icon doesn't delete?
16th July 2017, 06:51 PM |#5003  

More
This is impossible to delete.
Edit: solved I needed to delete the rules first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170716-195025.png
Views:	164
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	4213717  
16th July 2017, 07:22 PM |#5004  

More
I need help. I touched something so now there is a continuous log in the chrome app and I suspect this causes battery drain. If I deactivate it (the two flags) netguard doesn't work. Please Marcel help
16th July 2017, 08:21 PM |#5005  
Thanks Meter: 517

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ik8vwa

I need help. I touched something so now there is a continuous log in the chrome app and I suspect this causes battery drain. If I deactivate it (the two flags) netguard doesn't work. Please Marcel help

That's for all the apps, disable Logging in Settings.
17th July 2017, 07:36 AM |#5006  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

I have just released beta version 2.111

'Asynchronous conditional reload (might fix delays)'

I'm suffering from delays as well, hardly can enter the PIN after on-screen for a while. It might have improved a bit with 2.111 a little, but I'm not sure.

My assumption is that when the screen turns on suddenly a lot of apps with on-screen rules start accessing the internet at the same time. Maybe you could add a feature to give not all the apps access to the internet suddenly at the same time?
17th July 2017, 07:44 AM |#5007  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsero

I'm suffering from delays as well, hardly can enter the PIN after on-screen for a while. It might have improved a bit with 2.111 a little, but I'm not sure.

My assumption is that when the screen turns on suddenly a lot of apps with on-screen rules start accessing the internet at the same time. Maybe you could add a feature to give not all the apps access to the internet suddenly at the same time?

I don't think your assumption is right.

What is happening on screen on is that the app list is fetched and that all 'when screen on' rules are evaluated to see if something needs to be allowed. Delays are being caused by a slow CPU or by freeing memory if there is little memory free. There is not much that can be done to improve this (assuming the 'when screen on' rules need to stay).

Edit: try to disabled the setting "Apply 'when screen on' rules".
19th July 2017, 12:58 PM |#5008  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for this great app! I was looking for a firewall for my new LG G6 without rooting.

How much do I need to donate and what is the donation method for the github version?

If I format my cellphone and you are lost on an island, how can I reactivate the pro features? Or is the challenge code attached to my device ID?

I will test a week before donating anyway.

Suggestion: would it be possible to size down the rows' height a little to fit more app on the screen? (Ie: AFwall+)
19th July 2017, 01:00 PM |#5009  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extarys

Thanks for this great app! I was looking for a firewall for my new LG G6 without rooting.

How much do I need to donate and what is the donation method for the github version?

If I format my cellphone and you are lost on an island, how can I reactivate the pro features? Or is the challenge code attached to my device ID?

I will test a week before donating anyway.

Suggestion: would it be possible to size down the rows' height a little to fit more app on the screen? (Ie: AFwall+)

See here for the donation options: https://www.netguard.me

The minimum donation for the activation of all the pro features on one device is $ 5.50

You don't need a smartphone when you are lost on on island , but yes the activation is connected to a device.

The row height is the default list item height your Android version defines. If I change this, somebody else is going to complain, so I am going to leave it like it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2017, 01:29 PM |#5010  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extarys

If I format my cellphone and you are lost on an island, how can I reactivate the pro features?

You can buy it by GooglePlay, so that your pro-features are sure, even if Marcel 'is lost on an island', and install later the Github version.
19th July 2017, 01:32 PM |#5011  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

See here for the donation options: https://www.netguard.me

The minimum donation for the activation of all the pro features on one device is $ 5.50

You don't need a smartphone when you are lost on on island , but yes the activation is connected to a device.

The row height is the default list item height your Android version defines. If I change this, somebody else is going to complain, so I am going to leave it like it is.

You are totally right.

For the island part, I was saying that if you were on an island you wouldn't be able to give us the response code if we bought a new phone while you are lost :P

So it is not Google Play style where 1 "license" cover all my devices? Or did I read that wrong?

Anyway I will buy 1 license for sure for my new phone.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraschi51

You can buy it by GooglePlay, so that your pro-features are sure, even if Marcel 'is lost on an island', and install later the Github version.

Oh I see. I'm sorry I missed your reply. Writing from xda app. When hes back I just give him the account email and the challenge code. Clever. (I'm too tired to think obviously)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)