FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What are you mainly using NetGuard for?

Reducing data usage

324 Vote(s)
31.36%
Saving battery

224 Vote(s)
21.68%
Increasing privacy

495 Vote(s)
47.92%
Blocking ads

683 Vote(s)
66.12%

[APP][6.0+] NetGuard - No-root firewall

17,045 posts
Thanks Meter: 34,916

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 25th October 2015, 01:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd January 2019, 08:34 AM |#8111  
OP Recognized Developer

More
@aparanoidandroid all what you are asking is explained in the referenced ad blocking instructions, so please read them.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]

3rd January 2019, 08:41 AM |#8112  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
All I'm asking for is a yes or no so I can decide whether to uninstall Netguard or not

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetmania

You won't lose access, no.

Ok thanks. Great app btw.
3rd January 2019, 09:20 AM |#8113  
Flag Napier
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

try to disable 'Apply rules and conditions'. This will set the app outside of the VPN and will allow all traffic.

Just to follow up, this works perfectly for me. I don't care what VLC can do (I trust it!) so this is excellent.
Thanks for this amazing Firewall, I'm kinda annoyed I've taken so long to discover it!
The Following User Says Thank You to muppetmania For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift muppetmania Ad-Free
3rd January 2019, 04:40 PM |#8114  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:

I'm kinda annoyed I've taken so long to discover it!

Do not hesitate to talk about it around you, so that others spend less time finding it.

NetGuard is a tool that reduces the risk of information leakage.

In my opinion, the best. In addition, its designer is extremely responsive.

I assure you that M66B does not pay me ...
3rd January 2019, 05:13 PM |#8115  
Thanks Meter: 710

More
Quote:

Just to follow up, this works perfectly for me. I don't care what VLC can do (I trust it!) so this is excellent.
Thanks for this amazing Firewall, I'm kinda annoyed I've taken so long to discover it!

There are a few exceptions I leave unfiltered myself. At least you can still disable background data within Android's built-in data usage screen (easy access to it if you click on the cog wheel under each app's details in NetGuard, then go to data usage in that screen). Most of my apps have this restriction on for a little extra assurance- except for like email and messenger apps.

Of all of my apps this is the only one that always makes sense. Even if I uninstalled every other app I would still have NetGuard on my phone.
3rd January 2019, 07:45 PM |#8116  
Thanks Meter: 518

More
NetGuard mentioned here, but on stage they said "root apps": https://media.ccc.de/v/35c3-9941-how...you_on_android

Their full report doesn't say root though: https://privacyinternational.org/rep...acebook-report
The Following User Says Thank You to Licaon_Kter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Licaon_Kter Ad-Free
3rd January 2019, 08:39 PM |#8117  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

This is a translation problem. See the FAQ about lockdown mode and please correct the translation on Crowdin.

Hi, I was trying to fix the Italian translation of NetGuard on Crowdin. The point is that "Block Wi-Fi" and "Lockdown Wi-Fi" are both translated in Italian with "Blocca Wi-Fi", even if they're intended to refer to two different settings.

First of all, I'd need a clarification about the lockdown mode (yes, I read the FAQ ): lockdown mode is a faster way to block wi-fi, for example with a widget, but the actual effect is the same thing as "Block Wi-Fi", right?

Can I translate "Lockdown Wi-Fi" with the Italian "Ferma Wi-Fi", just to differentiate it from "Block Wi-Fi"? "Ferma" means "Stop". The only problem would be that an user should anyway read the FAQ about the lockdown mode to understand the difference with "Block Wi-Fi".
3rd January 2019, 08:44 PM |#8118  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wolf

Hi, I was trying to fix the Italian translation of NetGuard on Crowdin. The point is that "Block Wi-Fi" and "Lockdown Wi-Fi" are both translated in Italian with "Blocca Wi-Fi", even if they're intended to refer to two different settings.

First of all, I'd need a clarification about the lockdown mode (yes, I read the FAQ ): lockdown mode is a faster way to block wi-fi, for example with a widget, but the actual effect is the same thing as "Block Wi-Fi", right?

Can I translate "Lockdown Wi-Fi" with the Italian "Ferma Wi-Fi", just to differentiate it from "Block Wi-Fi"? "Ferma" means "Stop". The only problem would be that an user should anyway read the FAQ about the lockdown mode to understand the difference with "Block Wi-Fi".

The suggested translation sounds good to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2019, 08:57 PM |#8119  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Ok, I eventually used the words "arresta" ("stop" - imperative) and "arrestato" ("stopped" - past participle).
This just to differentiate the "lockdown" setting from the "block" setting. As I said, an user should anyway look for and read the FAQ about the "lockdown mode" to understand the purpose and the difference.
4th January 2019, 07:19 AM |#8120  
Flag Boulay in Frankreich :D
Thanks Meter: 590

More
Sorry Marcel, I'm here too

Just needs a little more space to completely read the text.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190104-080922_NetGuard.png
Views:	290
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	4679612  
4th January 2019, 07:25 AM |#8121  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreckZeBoulay

Sorry Marcel, I'm here too

Just needs a little more space to completely read the text.

You're welcome here too

Did you know that you can discuss about this on Crowdin too?

In any case I don't interfere with translations in languages I don't speak fluently.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)