Votes: 850 55.4%
  • Blocking ads

Votes: 989 64.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
NetGard has been disabled, likely by using another VPN based app

I keep getting the "NetGard has been disabled, likely by using another VPN based app" after anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. (see screenshot)

6ub7nCn

https://imgur.com/a/6ub7nCn

This has been happening since upgrading to android 9 (I am on 10 now). I am not running any other VPN apps and I turned off all power saving features in settings with no change in results. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 0-02-01-d57774a76b015b5ecfb1b78b4a017ae9fbe367d66135f4ce8dd666d103ae9a00_79fed1c.jpg
    0-02-01-d57774a76b015b5ecfb1b78b4a017ae9fbe367d66135f4ce8dd666d103ae9a00_79fed1c.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I keep getting the "NetGard has been disabled, likely by using another VPN based app" after anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. (see screenshot)

https://imgur.com/a/6ub7nCn

This has been happening since upgrading to android 9 (I am on 10 now). I am not running any other VPN apps and I turned off all power saving features in settings with no change in results. Any ideas?
This message is most likely correct.
Please check the Android network settings for installed VPNs.

gundheri

Feb 13, 2020
Hi,

I purchased NetGuard without Google a month ago. So I got a response code via eMail. Now I had to reinstall my phone, downloaded the latest NetGuard-version from GitHub, installed it and copied my response code into the answer-field (of course there was not shown the challenge code with which I purchased NetGuard, but another one). And nothing happened!

What do I have to do to unlock the Pro-features again?

Thank you in advance!

gundheri

Last edited:

TheComi

Feb 14, 2020
Hello, I installed NetGuard from GitHub and it is a great application.
I have one question, because I didn't manage to find any answer in documentation or here, is it possible to block part of the site based on directory/location part in URL?
So for example I want to block ww.bbc.com/sport but not ww.bbc.com/news , or you can only block whole domain bbc.com using host file?

Thanks

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hello, I installed NetGuard from GitHub and it is a great application.
I have one question, because I didn't manage to find any answer in documentation or here, is it possible to block part of the site based on directory/location part in URL?
So for example I want to block ww.bbc.com/sport but not ww.bbc.com/news , or you can only block whole domain bbc.com using host file?
This would require a man-in-the-middle attack because most traffic is encrypted these days.
So, this is basically not possible.

coyttl

May 6, 2011
Mid-Atlantic
Hey guys -
Still relatively new to this app, am learning slowly. I recently somehow got NetGuard into an odd quandry, and am not sure how I did it, nor how I fix it:
- The notification reads "Enforcing Rules: 0 allowed, 337 blocked.".
- Some Apps are unblocked on Metered and Unmeterd - green icons up my app name.
- These same Apps, though, have red entries in the Access Attempts.
- IPs don't seem to be getting reverse-lookup to names. SOME are, but a lot (possibly newer calls?) aren't.
- In the menu, "Lockdown Traffic" is NOT selected.

Any thoughts?

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hey guys -
Still relatively new to this app, am learning slowly. I recently somehow got NetGuard into an odd quandry, and am not sure how I did it, nor how I fix it:
- The notification reads "Enforcing Rules: 0 allowed, 337 blocked.".
- Some Apps are unblocked on Metered and Unmeterd - green icons up my app name.
- These same Apps, though, have red entries in the Access Attempts.
- IPs don't seem to be getting reverse-lookup to names. SOME are, but a lot (possibly newer calls?) aren't.
- In the menu, "Lockdown Traffic" is NOT selected.

Any thoughts?
This could simply mean "no internet connection".

coyttl

May 6, 2011
Mid-Atlantic
This could simply mean "no internet connection".
Nope, I got internet - the applications that DO have individual 'allow' rules are allowed to get out. :) Just the ones that are fully allowed in Metered/Unmetered mode aren't able to, oddly.

Saw you just posted a beta. Will upgrade, see if that changes anything. (Oh, I was on 2.272.. On a Pixel4, running the latest stock release from Google with Magisk v20.3)

zuAORLa.png

Last edited:

coyttl

May 6, 2011
Mid-Atlantic
Nope, I got internet - the applications that DO have individual 'allow' rules are allowed to get out. :) Just the ones that are fully allowed in Metered/Unmetered mode aren't able to, oddly.

Saw you just posted a beta. Will upgrade, see if that changes anything. (Oh, I was on 2.272.. On a Pixel4, running the latest stock release from Google with Magisk v20.3)

Going to follow up, in case anyone else runs into this. Here's what I did, and how I found ouot what the issue was:
I backed up the settings, and wiped the app (using TiBu). I then ran NetGuard, and it acted as if a clean install. Good. Loaded my settings back in, and they loaded fine, but the master switch at the top was 'off' and disabled.
Go to tap it, and I get a toast mentioning that the 'block connections without VPN' setting needs to be disabled. So, I diable it, and voila, all is working.

I'm guessing that I turned that on AFTER I initially set up and enabled NetGuard (2.272), and so once it was enabled, it never told me that that specific setting needed to be turned off.

Elektron60

Dec 20, 2015
I have a problem on my OnePlus 6T. After some days is AdBlocking no more working. I tried Netguard on/off. Switch Data connections on/off. Clear Cache from Netguard and Chrome. No luck. Only a reboot will help. My other devices are working great. What can i do?

Sent from my OnePlus6T using XDA Labs

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I have a problem on my OnePlus 6T. After some days is AdBlocking no more working. I tried Netguard on/off. Switch Data connections on/off. Clear Cache from Netguard and Chrome. No luck. Only a reboot will help. My other devices are working great. What can i do?
Buy a decent device?

More seriously, check the ad blocking troubleshooting hints. That's all I know.

Blond3r

Jan 3, 2020
I have just released beta version 2.274

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases

Hi M66B. I am a little bit confused about 2 facts: :confused:

1. You say ver. 2.274 is a BETA version, but at GitHub its marked as STABLE version.
2. On GitHub you say about ver. 2.274: "This version is not available in the Play store"... but it is available there.

Till now I have avoided the Play Store versions. I think I should keep doing this, right? ;)

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hi M66B. I am a little bit confused about 2 facts: :confused:

1. You say ver. 2.274 is a BETA version, but at GitHub its marked as STABLE version.
2. On GitHub you say about ver. 2.274: "This version is not available in the Play store"... but it is available there.

Till now I have avoided the Play Store versions. I think I should keep doing this, right? ;)
Version 2.274 has been upgraded to a stable version and will be available in the Play store as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_launcher.png

NetGuard provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet - no root required.
    Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.

Blocking access to the internet can help:
    • reduce your data usage
    • save your battery
    • increase your privacy

Features:
    • Simple to use
    • No root required
    • 100% open source
    • No calling home
    • No tracking or analytics
    • No advertisements
    • Actively developed and supported
    • Android 5.1 and later supported
    • IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
    • Tethering supported
    • Optionally allow when screen on
    • Optionally block when roaming
    • Optionally block system applications
    • Optionally forward ports, also to external addresses (not available if installed from the Play store)
    • Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
    • Optionally record network usage per application per address
    • Optionally block ads using a hosts file (not available if installed from the Play store)
    • Material design theme with light and dark theme

PRO features
    • Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
    • Allow/block individual addresses per application
    • New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
    • Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
    • Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version

There is no other no-root firewall, except for clones, offering all these features.

This XDA thread is about using the latest version of NetGuard.
    Off topic comments are allowed as long they are related to NetGuard and are in the general interest of the followers of this thread.

Discussion of purchases is not allowed here, please contact me via here instead.

NetGuard is being maintained and community supported, but new features won't be added anymore.

For ad blocking, see here. Ad blocking is provide "as-is".

More information on Github:

Downloads:

Screenshots:
    101-main.png
    102-main-details.png

103-main-access.png
    108-notifications.png

For more screenshots, see here.
    I have just released stable version 2.39.

Changelog/download
    https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.39

This version will be available in the Play store after Google's approval.

Usage data sharing has been removed from this version.

The future of this project depends on the general support for this project. You can for example write something positive here or in the Play store, press the thanks button, donate something, purchase a pro feature or contribute translations or source code.
    NetGuard is currently in alpha testing phase.
    Please report any problems you encounter.

It would be nice if someone could design an appropriate icon.
    I have just released beta version 2.21.

Changelog/download:
    https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.21

This version will be available as beta version in the Play store after Google's approval.