FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+] #NoChromo - A wild ad-blocking browser appears [v51.0.2695.0][2016/04]

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 430

By nochromo, Junior Member on 9th June 2015, 01:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2016, 08:20 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 424

More
Google translate doesnt work..

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

7th April 2016, 08:50 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
@SSNJR2002
See post #492
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bob823 Ad-Free
7th April 2016, 09:18 AM |#503  
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariefabuzaky

Google translate doesnt work..

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

If you want to translate a website share it with the Google translate app and it will translate the site.
The Following User Says Thank You to James_Ward01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift James_Ward01 Ad-Free
7th April 2016, 11:25 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
where did you change in c++ code? Please tell me.
7th April 2016, 11:59 AM |#505  
Flag Bronx, New York
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh61

Zip file flashed successfully but got an error. I think it needs a library file too.

Damn, I thought I had it, sorry.. There's a app I tried a while ago that turns system apps into regular apps. so try to use it to make Nochromo into an system app. make a back up, give it a try and let me know
/system/app mover ★ ROOT ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNJR2002

Hey mega sucks. Please upload the newest version of no chromo to Gdrive or something.

Just a repost of the mediafire link for those who don't want to use the mega link.

MEDIAFIRE LINK:
#NoChromo [51.0.2695.0][201604]

Some fixes that might help, these aren't mine:

Sign in Fix:
MM
This sign in fix worked for me If you're on MM, To sign in you have to go into application manager and give the app all permissions

LP
For LP go into the google sync options, disable and re-enable contact synching and it should work without issue afterwards.

NoChromo Crashing:

Rooted: CREDIT GOES TO sTIMulat3
I just figured out that the crash is caused by suggested_sites.json, when you sign in its tries to sync your suggested sites but that file causes a conflict. Just delete suggested_sites.json from /data/data/com.metalasfook.nochromo/app_chrome/ and it's fixed.

Not rooted:CREDIT GOES TO wantabe
I think I've figured out a work around for those not rooted and unable to delete the suggested sites json file. If you have already installed NoChromo and gone thru the 'Accept and Continue' you will need to either uninstall/reinstall the browser or 'Clear data' from Apps/Downloaded in Settings. Either process will remove the suggested sites json. BEFORE you open NoChromo disable wifi and cell data, use airplane mode or whatever, you DO NOT want your device to have a network connection. Open NoChromo and go thru the Accept and Continue, then the Data Saver window. No point in trying to sign in yet. Type chrome://flags in the address bar, tap Go in the keyboard. Find Show popular sites in the New Tab page and change it from Default to Disabled, you will then see a "Relaunch Now' button at the bottom of your screen. Tap the button. After it relaunches you can then re enable your network connection then sign in. After singing in it crashed on me twice, each time it did I removed it from Recent Apps then started it back up. Rebooting or force closing the app in Settings/Apps didn't seem to help on my device. After NoChromo crashed those two times it settled down and worked fine. If like me you want to change the items that are being synced you need to wait a few minutes otherwise changing what items are synced will cause a force close. Other than a couple force closes at the beginning of the sync process the browser works fine for me. Obviously this version of Chromium has sync issues but not really a big deal in my opinion. Good Luck!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marty_Since87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marty_Since87 Ad-Free
7th April 2016, 12:06 PM |#506  
Flag Butwal
Thanks Meter: 555

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMar_XVII

Damn, I thought I had it, sorry.. There's a app I tried a while ago that turns system apps into regular apps. so try to use it to make Nochromo into an system app. make a back up, give it a try and let me know
/system/app mover ★ ROOT ★

My device HTC is s-on so it does not give permission for app to write in system partition the only one way is to write from recovery. Thank you.
7th April 2016, 01:24 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Its ffmpeg is built without x264? I can't play any mp4 video on the web.
7th April 2016, 01:53 PM |#508  
Flag Bronx, New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh61

My device HTC is s-on so it does not give permission for app to write in system partition the only one way is to write from recovery. Thank you.

Ok, I didn't know what s-off was. I'm stumped to be honest lol. My only guess now is that you can just use NoChromo as is, until either I or someone else who knows what their doing can help you better than I can.
7th April 2016, 01:54 PM |#509  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 1,323

More
Best browser. Thank you.
7th April 2016, 08:04 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How do i get around "there is a problem parsing the package" error on AT&T Note 4?

Update: Nevermind, uninstalled chrome updates and it worked. Then I just disabled chrome since i cant uninstall it
7th April 2016, 09:49 PM |#511  
Flag Bronx, New York

More
Just a repost of the mediafire link for those who don't want to use the mega link.

MEDIAFIRE LINK:
#NoChromo [51.0.2695.0][201604]

Some fixes that might help, these aren't mine:

Sign in Fix:
MM
This sign in fix worked for me If you're on MM, To sign in you have to go into application manager and give the app all permissions

LP
For LP go into the google sync options, disable and re-enable contact synching and it should work without issue afterwards.

NoChromo Crashing:

Rooted: CREDIT GOES TO sTIMulat3
I just figured out that the crash is caused by suggested_sites.json, when you sign in its tries to sync your suggested sites but that file causes a conflict. Just delete suggested_sites.json from /data/data/com.metalasfook.nochromo/app_chrome/ and it's fixed.

Not rooted:CREDIT GOES TO wantabe
I think I've figured out a work around for those not rooted and unable to delete the suggested sites json file. If you have already installed NoChromo and gone thru the 'Accept and Continue' you will need to either uninstall/reinstall the browser or 'Clear data' from Apps/Downloaded in Settings. Either process will remove the suggested sites json. BEFORE you open NoChromo disable wifi and cell data, use airplane mode or whatever, you DO NOT want your device to have a network connection. Open NoChromo and go thru the Accept and Continue, then the Data Saver window. No point in trying to sign in yet. Type chrome://flags in the address bar, tap Go in the keyboard. Find Show popular sites in the New Tab page and change it from Default to Disabled, you will then see a "Relaunch Now' button at the bottom of your screen. Tap the button. After it relaunches you can then re enable your network connection then sign in. After singing in it crashed on me twice, each time it did I removed it from Recent Apps then started it back up. Rebooting or force closing the app in Settings/Apps didn't seem to help on my device. After NoChromo crashed those two times it settled down and worked fine. If like me you want to change the items that are being synced you need to wait a few minutes otherwise changing what items are synced will cause a force close. Other than a couple force closes at the beginning of the sync process the browser works fine for me. Obviously this version of Chromium has sync issues but not really a big deal in my opinion. Good Luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty_Since87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marty_Since87 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)