By dengerx, Member on 12th August 2019, 10:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th August 2019, 04:07 PM |#21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cksamurai

Hi app works ok on my Nexus player and mobile phone but the epg guide always fail when loading on fire TV stick.
Please look into it if you can, thank you.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

my epg url is in this format example hxxp://****:****/xmltv.php?username=*****&password=*****&type=m3u_p lus&output=ts

Hello,

I will add some error catchers to EPG in next version, and I hope I will catch your loading error, because I do not have Firestick unfortunately.
Could you please tell me more about error, any messages appear or nothing?
26th August 2019, 05:04 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
"Failed to download EPG . Check correctness of the link" immediately after adding epg url link. My epg url works on all the other popular IPTV apps out there including OTTplay version on my Nexus Player. Im having the issues on my 1st and 2nd gen Amazon fire TV unfortunately. The url for my playlist works great as well as my m3u file, the formatting was fixed in the last update of your app. I like your app because it's simple and lightweight memory and navigation wise. I would like to have the option of group hiding but I can do that manually by editing my playlist file. Will they be any xtream codes API support in the future? Thanks
27th August 2019, 03:10 PM |#23  
OP Member

More
Quote:

"Failed to download EPG . Check correctness of the link" immediately after adding epg url link. My epg url works on all the other popular IPTV apps out there including OTTplay version on my Nexus Player. Im having the issues on my 1st and 2nd gen Amazon fire TV unfortunately. The url for my playlist works great as well as my m3u file, the formatting was fixed in the last update of your app. I like your app because it's simple and lightweight memory and navigation wise. I would like to have the option of group hiding but I can do that manually by editing my playlist file. Will they be any xtream codes API support in the future? Thanks

Please download new version 1.7.8.3 from here or from Google Play. I added some checks in code, maybe it will help me to investigate your EPG downloading failure on Fire stick.
Could you please check another EPG also on Fire stick?

About Xtream Codes API. Yes, it will be supported in future.
27th August 2019, 03:13 PM |#24  
OP Member

More
New 1.7.8.3 version is available!
What's new in this release?
  • Fixed bugs.
28th August 2019, 07:03 AM |#25  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Hi app works ok on my Nexus player and mobile phone but the epg guide always fail when loading on fire TV stick.
Please look into it if you can, thank you.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

my epg url is in this format example hxxp://****:****/xmltv.php?username=*****&password=*****&type=m3u_p lus&output=ts

Could you please try to input your EPG link only in like this: "hxxp://****:****/xmltv.php?username=*****&password=*****" ?
I think that "&type=m3u_plus&output=ts" part is only for playlist but not for EPG.
28th August 2019, 10:15 AM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengerx

Could you please try to input your EPG link only in like this: "hxxp://****:****/xmltv.php?username=*****&password=*****" ?
I think that "&type=m3u_plus&output=ts" part is only for playlist but not for EPG.

Yeah i tried that also with 2 different iptv services i have and i still got the same error "failed check correctness of the link". If i paste the url same format suggested the epg loads in my web browser, I don't know why it wont work on the fire TV stick. Thanks anyways maybe someday you'll figure it out, all i can say is other apps load the same epg url link so i guess something in the app isn't right somewhere. Maybe it could be an issue with permission as it regards to storing the xml file data in the fire TV. It's still a good app, once this bug is be resolved and i'll be happy.
28th August 2019, 10:26 AM |#27  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Yeah i tried that also with 2 different iptv services i have and i still got the same error "failed check correctness of the link". If i paste the url same format suggested the epg loads in my web browser, I don't know why it wont work on the fire TV stick. Thanks anyways maybe someday you'll figure it out, all i can say is other apps load the same epg url link so i guess something in the app isn't right somewhere. Maybe it could be an issue with permission as it regards to storing the xml file data in the fire TV. It's still a good app, once this bug is be resolved and i'll be happy.

Thank you. I will try to fix that error.
Can you please check one more thing. Inside "Playlists" page, click yellow button to attach file from your device, it will ask for permission.
After you approve it, go back to the Main page. When EPG trying to download, "Check correctness of the link" appears anyway"?
28th August 2019, 11:08 AM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengerx

Thank you. I will try to fix that error.
Can you please check one more thing. Inside "Playlists" page, click yellow button to attach file from your device, it will ask for permission.
After you approve it, go back to the Main page. When EPG trying to download, "Check correctness of the link" appears anyway"?

With the Amazon Fire Tv there's no prompt to enable permission to access storage, when adding playlist m3u file the default file browser opens and you can add the file. So i'm assuming if the epg data is stored on the device internal storage then the app could create a folder on the root of the Fire Tv internal storage. I've seen other apps created folders on the root as well. I added the playlist manually like you suggested then i added the url for the epg but still the same error.
The Following User Says Thank You to cksamurai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cksamurai Ad-Free
28th August 2019, 11:16 AM |#29  
OP Member

More
Quote:

With the Amazon Fire Tv there's no prompt to enable permission to access storage, when adding playlist m3u file the default file browser opens and you can add the file. So i'm assuming if the epg data is stored on the device internal storage then the app could create a folder on the root of the Fire Tv internal storage. I've seen other apps created folders on the root as well. I added the playlist manually like you suggested then i added the url for the epg but still the same error.

Thank you very much for helping me with this issue.
I will ask my friends maybe someone has Fire stick, so I can make a fix faster.
28th August 2019, 07:25 PM |#30  
OP Member

More
Quote:

I'm happy to say that I fixed EPG error.
Wait for next release, I hope it will be tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to dengerx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dengerx Ad-Free
30th August 2019, 07:30 AM |#31  
OP Member

More
New 1.7.8.4 version is available!
What's new in this release?
  • Error fixed while trying to download EPG on some devices;
  • Improved archive reconnecting to the video stream if connection is lost.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)