[APP][ALPHA] Pale Moon Browser For Android

500 posts
Thanks Meter: 640

By cyansmoker, Inactive Recognized Developer on 21st July 2014, 02:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Version 24.7.1: full changelist here.

From Pale Moon's home page:

Quote:

Pale Moon is an Open Source, Firefox-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows and Linux, focusing on efficiency and ease of use. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!

Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own source with carefully selected features and optimizations to maximize the browser's speed*, stability and user experience, while maintaining compatibility with thousands of Firefox extensions many have come to love and rely on.

Unfortunately, in the beginning, PM was only available for Windows.
Then it became available for Linux.
And now...this.

GOOD TO KNOW:

A version of Pale Moon recently showed up in Google Play. STAY AWAY FROM IT! It is not legit.
It is likely that either Palechild or I will upload the real thing at some point but in the meantime do not trust anything else in GPlay.

Note: I am Pale Moon's current Linux maintainer as you can verify here.

However, I would like to remind everyone that Moon Child is the person who spends so much time crafting Pale Moon and the work I am doing is negligible in comparison so all kudos should go to him!

THIS BUILD:

Now, there are several things you need to know about this build:

1. It may not work on your device :

I am using flags that are different but somewhat equivalent to Pale Moon's x86 flags: enabling NEON, vectorization, etc.
For instance Cortex-A9 devices may complain whereas Cortex-A8, Cortex-A15 and Krait-300 should be happy

2. See #1

3. See #2

4. Pic:

Pale Moon for Android

Feeling adventurous? Get the Alpha build:

Alpha!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-20-18-53-19.png
Views:	29203
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	2862330  
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to cyansmoker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyansmoker Ad-Free

22nd July 2014, 05:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 509

More
I'd try this out but I hate Mega. It makes it a major PITA to download things on mobile.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onestoploser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift onestoploser Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 06:24 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 891

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onestoploser

I'd try this out but I hate Mega. It makes it a major PITA to download things on mobile.

Guess I lucked out, mega worked flawlessly for me. Good work on the browser. Improvement speedwise over firefox on my s5.
22nd July 2014, 07:56 AM |#4  
Flag Nørresundby
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Seems nice and quick, and also works with Flash player, so that is a bonus.
Personally I would like a way to access my bookmarks, without having to create a new tab. This works the same way as it does in Firefox, and I am not a fan.
22nd July 2014, 08:20 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Great, I go to install on Linux too
22nd July 2014, 08:32 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
zippyshare mirror
Quote:

Here is a zippyshare mirror for anyone having trouble downloading from mega.co.nz
If its not alright with the OP @cyansmoker then i will be happy delete this post.

zippyshare mirror: http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/19485207/file.html
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LeslieKawiti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LeslieKawiti Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 08:46 AM |#7  
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 1,473

More
Quote:

Download the mega app from play store. Makes downloads from mega really really easy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Browser is running wonderfully on S4 i337. Very quick and stable. @cyansmoker do you plan on making it compatible with flash player 11.1?

Thank you for this impressive port.

22nd July 2014, 08:54 AM |#8  
Flag French West Coast
Thanks Meter: 1,849

More
Thumbs up
Downloaded on HTC M7 using latest sense6 base ... look working perfect !

Great job
The Following User Says Thank You to Winb33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Winb33 Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 08:58 AM |#9  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 640

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel1699

Download the mega app from play store. Makes downloads from mega really really easy.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Browser is running wonderfully on S4 i337. Very quick and stable. @cyansmoker do you plan on making it compatible with flash player 11.1?

Thank you for this impressive port.

I would like to remind everyone that Moon Child is the person who spends so much time crafting Pale Moon and the work I am doing is negligible in comparison so all kudos should go to him!

LeslieKawiti:

No problem, thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to cyansmoker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyansmoker Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 01:19 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 579

More
Fast and fluent, man.. Fast and fluent

Works great on my Desire X with AOKP..
Subscribed and waiting for next releases
The Following User Says Thank You to //.dax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift //.dax Ad-Free
22nd July 2014, 01:25 PM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2

More
A 'Pale Moon for Android' public beta has been available for almost a month and is being developed by Moonchild himself. It's available on the official forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to jlaker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlaker Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)