FORUMS

[APP][5.0+][TOOLS] Pass2Pay - Add your pkpass or pdf passes to Google Pay

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By xurxooo, Member on 29th July 2019, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
As an Android user, I've been complaining for a long time about one of the biggest faults, the administration of passes and tickets for events.
The funniest thing is that it does have the possibility of doing it through Google Pay, but the way they have implemented it, forces the companies that generate the passes to perform a lot of steps that most are not willing to do.
That's why I've decided to create this app that uses all the Google tools to solve this problem, allowing to import almost any type of pass to our Google Pay account so we can use them very easily.

Pass2Pay.
The specific application is called Pass2Pay, and unlike many others that just store them so you can open them in your application. Pass2Pay, allows you to import them directly into Google Pay.
Thanks to this step, you will be able to automatically consult all your passes and use them in all your devices, since Google will save them in its cloud so you never lose them.

Pass2Pay

How are passes imported?
As you can see in the image above, importing passes can be done in several ways. From the possibility of directly adding an Apple pkpass file, a PDF by reading the barcode or QR or directly from an image that can be captured on the spot.
Once imported, depending on the method used, we will have more or less data from the pass, so the next step will be the revision of the form, from where we can change the type of pass (Offers, airline tickets, gift cards, loyalty cards, etc.) and even modify some missing data.

Google Pay.
The next step is only to add the generated pass to Google Pay, for which we only have to press the button below and we can save it.
Once inside the Google application, we can use it whenever we want to benefit from all the possibilities of Google Pay, such as notification of events, integration with the calendar or the ability to enter the sites without the need to be looking for the typical PDF they send us by mail.

Example.
To check it out, we tried an old movie ticket to go see a Star Wars movie.

Pass2Pay tutorial

In the photos above you can see the steps to follow:
1. We have sent ourselves the pass by telegram to simulate a real situation.
2. We have opened it and the application has recognized it and has detected all the data
3. We gave him to keep on the phone
4. We cared about Google Pay and we were able to use it

As you can see it has been very simple to import a pass that was sent to us, after doing it we could go to the cinema and present it so that they let us in without having to carry the pdf or anything.

Advertising and contributions.
Due to the fact that the application is free, and it has cost me a lot to create it, I have decided that in order to finance it and be able to continue developing interesting things, advertisements will be used, which are limited so that no more than a long ad appears every 3 minutes. I think it's a good ratio to use it comfortably, but I listen to your opinions.
Anyway, if you like the app you can support it with a donation that removes the ads.

Coming soon.
• Possibility of uploading personalized photos to the passes (we need to create and maintain a server so it will cost money / donations)
• Improvements in overall stability
• More ways to import documents
• OCR reading of the PDFs

Download Link :- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....com.tangerine
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xurxooo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xurxooo Ad-Free
29th July 2019, 04:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I don’t understand the personalized photos option in the coming soon section. Who is limiting that? Your app or Google?
29th July 2019, 07:01 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Redondela

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristianndc

I don’t understand the personalized photos option in the coming soon section. Who is limiting that? Your app or Google?

To send the pass to Google Pay, we have to create it and then send it to their servers. But they do not accept pictures, we have to upload the photos to a server and give the URL to Google.
30th July 2019, 05:07 PM |#4  
Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 2,127

More
Where are the images stored? The comments on Reddit make it seem like there's a potential security issue here. Can you clear that up?
30th July 2019, 06:12 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Redondela

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaalRahman

Where are the images stored? The comments on Reddit make it seem like there's a potential security issue here. Can you clear that up?

Right now we are not uploading the photos anywhere, it's in the coming soon section. Maybe I don't explain it very well as English is not my first language (A lot of people asked already what's the problem with the images in the app... )

The problem, it's that Google it's telling us that we have to take care of the images hosting but we don't have the resources to create a server and upload everybody images in there. So right now, we are just taking care of the pases information, the image it's just a static one (our logo). But if the people like our app we plan to make a server to upload the photos.

PS. The comments on Reddit it's because a failure, with the ads outside Europe with Adblock, but we think that it's solved now in v2.7.2 or v2.7.3
31st July 2019, 04:44 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Redondela

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xurxooo

Right now we are not uploading the photos anywhere, it's in the coming soon section. Maybe I don't explain it very well as English is not my first language (A lot of people asked already what's the problem with the images in the app... )

The problem, it's that Google it's telling us that we have to take care of the images hosting but we don't have the resources to create a server and upload everybody images in there. So right now, we are just taking care of the pases information, the image it's just a static one (our logo). But if the people like our app we plan to make a server to upload the photos.

PS. The comments on Reddit it's because a failure, with the ads outside Europe with Adblock, but we think that it's solved now in v2.7.2 or v2.7.3

v2.7.3 is out and it's going well so far.
7th August 2019, 07:45 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Redondela

More
Thnx
Thank you everyone for your help and comments.

We are receiving so much love and a lot of comments and issues, about some little problems that we are starting to solve. Probably tomorrow we will push an update with a lot of improvements

Also, we are starting to plan the option to upload custom images that everybody is asking us, but it’s difficult because we have to create a server to host your images.

We will keep you updated here
7th August 2019, 08:21 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xurxooo

Thank you everyone for your help and comments.

We are receiving so much love and a lot of comments and issues, about some little problems that we are starting to solve. Probably tomorrow we will push an update with a lot of improvements

Also, we are starting to plan the option to upload custom images that everybody is asking us, but it’s difficult because we have to create a server to host your images.

We will keep you updated here

I see great potential in your app. The idea is brilliant and I believe everyone who uses Google Pay needs it. Google should have introduced something like this a long time ago but it looks that it wouldn't plan it anytime soon.

But let me ask you something: while there is a lot of things to do to make the application really operative, do you believe that it is a good idea to bother with your own server? Think not only about needed technical engagement but also about decent security, fast communication, etc. There are so many cloud solutions to rent (even from Microsoft or Google) with top performance, backup and security that it is at least questionable if it is worth to burn your own staff, technical capacity, and money. Perhaps you're more needed for further development.
The Following User Says Thank You to piskr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift piskr Ad-Free
7th August 2019, 08:24 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Redondela

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskr

I see great potential in your app. The idea is brilliant and I believe everyone who uses Google Pay needs it. Google should have introduced something like this a long time ago but it looks that it wouldn't plan it anytime soon.

But let me ask you something: while there is a lot of things to do to make the application really operative, do you believe that it is a good idea to bother with your own server? Think not only about needed technical engagement but also about decent security, fast communication, etc. There are so many cloud solutions to rent (even from Microsoft or Google) with top performance, backup and security that it is at least questionable if it is worth to burn your own staff, technical capacity, and money. Perhaps you're more needed for further development.

Thank you very much for your comment I really appreciate it.

Sure, we are not planning to create the server on our machines. When I said "create a server" I refer to design the architecture, technologies, APIs and everything.

But thanks for the advise
The Following User Says Thank You to xurxooo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xurxooo Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 08:01 AM |#10  
Free Country, USA
Thanks Meter: 79

More
One thing I would like to recommend is a feature for dealing with websites that don't expose Apple Wallet pass download links unless you are on an iPhone. An easy way to implement this feature is to allow users to "Share..." a webpage to Pass2Pay and then have Pass2Pay display an in-app browser window of that page, but with the user agent faked to appear as an iPhone, tricking the site into displaying the Apple Wallet pass download link.
8th August 2019, 06:45 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Redondela

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MehStrongBadMeh

One thing I would like to recommend is a feature for dealing with websites that don't expose Apple Wallet pass download links unless you are on an iPhone. An easy way to implement this feature is to allow users to "Share..." a webpage to Pass2Pay and then have Pass2Pay display an in-app browser window of that page, but with the user agent faked to appear as an iPhone, tricking the site into displaying the Apple Wallet pass download link.

Hi MehStrongBadMeh, thank you very much for your comment. Can you give me an example so I can take a look?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)