FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+] PassKeep - Password Manager

3,234 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,518

By wedgess, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 23rd September 2015, 07:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2015, 02:33 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgess

No it won't. Databases most likely use different encryption plus databases columns wouldn't be the same so it can't work

Can you add a feature to import keepass CSV exports? This is probably my favorite password database app so far but I need it to work with keepass databases.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to broduderson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift broduderson Ad-Free

17th November 2015, 02:10 PM |#22  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Dublin, Ireland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by broduderson

Can you add a feature to import keepass CSV exports? This is probably my favorite password database app so far but I need it to work with keepass databases.

I've never used keepass so doubt I will add an option to import their CSVs, I won't say no as I might in future. I'll be updating the app once my Christmas projects are finished in the next 3-4 weeks, so I'll let you know then depending on time.
14th December 2015, 01:57 PM |#23  
Flag Dublin, Ireland

Donate to Me
More
Released v1.8, link added to downloads as well as updated on G Play

WHAT'S NEW

- Fix Permissions for Android Marshmallow (6.x)
- Add auto complete for username fields
The Following User Says Thank You to wedgess For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2016, 08:09 PM |#24  
Flag Dublin, Ireland

Donate to Me
More
v1.9 released, it's been available on GPlay the last week but added to downloads section here.

Changelog

v1.9
  • Added Navigation Drawer
  • Added Categories
  • Added 2nd Password Field (and in floating window)
  • Added Fastscroller
  • Added Category Manager/Statistics
  • Add option to hide passwords username in the passwords list (Settings)
  • Add option to show system apps in a password entries list of applications. (Settings)
  • Add option to use password generators options when generating passwords for entries (Settings)
  • Minor UI changes/fixes
  • Add copy to clipboard button for usernames and passwords
  • Fix Hide Passwords (Settings Option)
  • Bug fixes
  • Updated Russian, Spanish, Polish (More to come)
  • Added Czech and Slovak translations thanks @phsnake
  • AND MORE *
12th February 2016, 03:32 AM |#25  
Flag Padang
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Can u tell me how to back up pls. Always failed to back up the file... sry im newbie

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk
12th February 2016, 10:16 AM |#26  
Flag Dublin, Ireland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuranzi

Can u tell me how to back up pls. Always failed to back up the file... sry im newbie

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk

Are you backing up the database or backing up to a CSV file. Backups should not fail unless you are using Android 6.0x and did not grant permission to read and write to storage.

I've never encountered this issue and has never been reported before. Perhaps you could send me a log so I can see what's going on.
19th May 2016, 02:53 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Bug: In the Backup CSV option, the character , (comma) need to be escaped. If you try to restore a CSV with comma in the password the process fail.

PD: I am currently creating a Java Application/Library to convert KeePass to PassKeep
  • XML(KeePass) to CSV(PassKeep) (Done)
  • HTML(KeePass) to CSV(PassKeep) (Done)
  • KDBX(KeePass) to DB(PassKeep) (Maybe if openkeepass add support for android)
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroDrako For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZeroDrako Ad-Free
19th May 2016, 07:14 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Deleted

Sent from my XT1562 using XDA-Developers mobile app
20th May 2016, 01:00 PM |#29  

More
Not working on moto x play marshmallow 6.0.1

Not autofilling or not showing floating password.
Tested one site password n username browsed via chrome n opera mini.

21st May 2016, 08:50 AM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgess

v1.9 released, it's been available on GPlay the last week but added to downloads section here.

Changelog

v1.9

• Added Navigation Drawer
  • Added Categories
  • Added 2nd Password Field (and in floating window)
  • Added Fastscroller
  • Added Category Manager/Statistics
  • Add option to hide passwords username in the passwords list (Settings)
  • Add option to show system apps in a password entries list of applications. (Settings)
  • Add option to use password generators options when generating passwords for entries (Settings)
  • Minor UI changes/fixes
  • Add copy to clipboard button for usernames and passwords
  • Fix Hide Passwords (Settings Option)
  • Bug fixes
  • Updated Russian, Spanish, Polish (More to come)
  • Added Czech and Slovak translations thanks @phsnake
  • AND MORE *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryn70

The app automatically close when press the back button or if swiped from the recent list. The app stays background only if the home button is press if u go back from the app using back button app won't stay at background.
The app wont automatically recognize site or app we add in the app. We need to manually open the app and look for the username n password

24th May 2016, 10:13 AM |#31  
Flag Dublin, Ireland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroDrako

Bug: In the Backup CSV option, the character , (comma) need to be escaped. If you try to restore a CSV with comma in the password the process fail.

PD: I am currently creating a Java Application/Library to convert KeePass to PassKeep

• XML(KeePass) to CSV(PassKeep) (Done)
  • HTML(KeePass) to CSV(PassKeep) (Done)
  • KDBX(KeePass) to DB(PassKeep) (Maybe if openkeepass add support for android)

Thanks for the report regarding CSV backups, I will be working on the application in a couple of weeks, i'll look at fixing it then. Good work with the KeePass to PassKeep tool. Perhaps when your finished you could post it here

Quote:

When I said auto-fill usernames I meant, auto-filling usernames within passkeep when inputting an entry. For me to implement auto complete for login details in browsers I would need to create my own keyboard, which I doubt i'll be doing any time soon. Floating window permission must be enabled if on Marshmallow or later, you should of seen a alert dialog asking you to grant this permission and if granted it should take you to the permissions settings screen where you should then enable it..

Quote:

The app automatically close when press the back button or if swiped from the recent list. The app stays background only if the home button is press if u go back from the app using back button app won't stay at background.
The app wont automatically recognize site or app we add in the app. We need to manually open the app and look for the username n password

The app shouldn't display in recents list at all, this is the intended functionality as I didn't to have to worry about manually removing it from recents(I don;t want anyone who picks up my phone to be able to look in recents and relaunch the app and then being able to see all my password.)You can set the auto logout time and so long as you have the notification enabled you can then reopen the app via the notification within the time frame of the auto logout (auto logout can also be disabled completely).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wedgess For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)