FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.2+] PhotoGuard - Photo Vault Hide Photos & Videos 😇

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By WelCoMe2DeT, Member on 9th August 2018, 09:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys !

A few days ago, I released the app I've been working on for the about 2 years - PhotoGuard.
PhotoGuard is basically a photo vault and it will protect your photos & videos.
The main architecture was shared with some of the best security consultants, applying it.

Knowing my competitors, best efforts were taken on:
1. Security - Making sure that the encrypted files will be stored on the user's devices (without any servers involved), and indeed unbreakable without knowing someone's passphrase. (If anyone would like to know extra information about the way it was implemented in the app, send me a message please)
2. UI/UX - Making sure that the security layer is as much as transparent to the endpoint user, so that the UI/UX is beautiful and smooth.

Currently the app doesn't have any ads or premium payments (even though the app page states there are), so it's totally free app.

I'll be very glad if you guys are willing to visit the app page and try using this really amazing app.

PhotoGuard Play Store Link

Some screenshots:
Click image for larger version

Name:	photoguard_lock_screen.png
Views:	686
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	4567786Click image for larger version

Name:	photoguard_albums.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	4567787Click image for larger version

Name:	photoguard_photos.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	4567788Click image for larger version

Name:	photoguard_import.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	4567791Click image for larger version

Name:	photoguard_camera.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	4567789Click image for larger version

Name:	photoguard_camera.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	4567789Click image for larger version

Name:	photoguard_video.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	4567790

Please do not hesitate to write any comment
Thank you!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WelCoMe2DeT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WelCoMe2DeT Ad-Free
9th August 2018, 03:21 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
BUMP!
10th August 2018, 05:41 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Bump
11th August 2018, 10:45 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Bump !
13th August 2018, 03:14 PM |#5  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 386

More
Thanks for sharing the app. Does it allow you to have multiple vaults with different PINs? Can we sync to Google Drive? TIA!
The Following User Says Thank You to J_M_V_S For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J_M_V_S Ad-Free
14th August 2018, 07:05 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_V_S

Thanks for sharing the app. Does it allow you to have multiple vaults with different PINs? Can we sync to Google Drive? TIA!

Thank you!

The app has albums and you can apply a password to each of the albums, so basically an album can be treated as a standalone vault.
There will be a sync to Google Drive and other cloud services in the coming updates!
14th August 2018, 09:06 AM |#7  
Flag Netherfield
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Great, thanks!
I would *love* it if this was open source. It seems all vaults - entrusted with out most private pictures and documents - require us to blindly trust the publishers not to do anything bad or copy them. Would this be something you would be able to alay by going open source?

Edit: a dark theme would be amazing!

Furthermore, many XDA users are privacy-savvy and going open source would likely get you on f-droid and privacytools.io and their reddit sub, you'd reach so many users this way. Please think abount going open sauce
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bingley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bingley Ad-Free
14th August 2018, 06:10 PM |#8  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 386

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelCoMe2DeT

Thank you!

The app has albums and you can apply a password to each of the albums, so basically an album can be treated as a standalone vault.
There will be a sync to Google Drive and other cloud services in the coming updates!

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to hide the albums? I usually have 2 or 3 "vaults" independent from each other. For what I understand you can set password for every album, but all of them will be visible on the "front page", correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingley

Great, thanks!
I would *love* it if this was open source. It seems all vaults - entrusted with out most private pictures and documents - require us to blindly trust the publishers not to do anything bad or copy them. Would this be something you would be able to alay by going open source?

Furthermore, many XDA users are privacy-savvy and going open source would likely get you on f-droid and privacytools.io and their reddit sub, you'd reach so many users this way. Please think abount going open sauce

+1
And so the journey begins!
16th August 2018, 07:11 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingley

Great, thanks!

Thank you for your reply!
I will be thinking about going open source, I've sent you a private message regarding that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_V_S

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to hide the albums? I usually have 2 or 3 "vaults" independent from each other. For what I understand you can set password for every album, but all of them will be visible on the "front page", correct?

The albums are shown but without a "front page", if you set a password to the album, the "front page" which is basically the last photo in the album is not visible and users will see a "locked album" icon.
21st August 2018, 07:15 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Bump!
28th August 2018, 08:04 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
Bump
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags