FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[APP][ROOT] Pixel Launcher Mods - Icon Packs & more for the STOCK Pixel Launcher

7,166 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,247

Post Reply Email Thread

**THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT**

Pixel Launcher Mods allows you to change icons, labels and widget sizes on the Pixel Launcher, as well as many other Launcher3 based launchers, including the Google Now Launcher

It's also working on Lawnchair, but is not recommended as that launcher has its own built in options

Available Tweaks:
- Change icons (Changing Individual icons as well as applying full Icon Packs supported, and applying from file too!)
- Change Labels
- Modify widget sizes (down to 1x1 if you wish)

FAQ:
Q: My icons/labels keep reverting
A: This happens when an app updates. Whilst Pixel Launcher Mods tries to re-apply automatically, it doesn't always work. Open the app and hit "reapply" (or you can use the app shortcut if you're on 6.0+)

Q: Can you implement X feature?
A: Probably not. This app works off modifying the already available files - not the app itself. Whilst there are some mods you can make by editing the Shared Preferences (such as enabling/disabling the Google search bar in the app drawer, changing the top row of apps in the drawer and enabling the "bounce" animation), they get reset every time the launcher loads, so are useless. I can't implement icon hiding, grid size changes, overlapping widgets, or any of your other favourite custom launcher features - use a proper custom launcher for that

Q: This doesn't work on X launcher!
A: Is it Launcher3 based? Is it close to Launcher3 in terms of code? If not, this app probably won't work. If it's reporting it can't be used or giving errors, it's not close enough to Launcher3 and can't be used

Q: Not all my apps are showing in the app list/The app is telling me it can't load my apps
A: Go to your home screen, then open the app drawer and scroll to the bottom and back. Repeat this a few times, and re-open the app. You will need to repeat this any time you clear the data of your launcher.

Q: Can I backup/restore icons/changes?
A: Yes. Copy the entire "com.kieronquinn.app.pixellaunchermods" from /sdcard/Android/data/ to another device/save it somewhere and restore, then open the app and hit "Reapply changes". Your changes will be applied to the selected launcher.

Q: I've found a bug/App crashes/Launcher crashes
A: If you've found a bug specifically in my app, please post it in this thread, with a logcat. If it's with the launcher, try doing the same, but be warned it may not be fixed - I can't fix bugs in other apps caused by my own mods after all!

Screenshots:

Download:
XDA Labs page
Direct download

This app is totally free and free from ads. If you like my work, you can donate if you wish
The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quinny899 Ad-Free

8th January 2018, 11:58 PM |#2  
Flag Agadir
Thanks Meter: 714

More
Thank you for the app , but it's not working with the rootless Pixel launcher , changing icon per app works but , applying the whole icon pack isn't working , tried also with Bq launcher ( vendor based on old pixel launcher)

Sent from my X5 Plus using XDA Labs
9th January 2018, 02:02 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Ormskirk, Lancashire, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tox

Thank you for the app , but it's not working with the rootless Pixel launcher , changing icon per app works but , applying the whole icon pack isn't working , tried also with Bq launcher ( vendor based on old pixel launcher)

Which icon pack and what apps are you applying it to?
9th January 2018, 02:53 AM |#4  
Flag Agadir
Thanks Meter: 714

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Which icon pack and what apps are you applying it to?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...oogle-t3688393

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ze.icons&hl=en
9th January 2018, 01:16 PM |#5  
Flag Morgantown
Thanks Meter: 86

More
So far working great with Pixel XL 8.1 benzorom. "Pixel2 launcher". Much appreciated! Thank you
9th January 2018, 03:22 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Can't seem to reproduce that, at least trying other icon packs (yours is paid, so I can't test it with that exact config) on the launcher and it works fine
9th January 2018, 06:01 PM |#8  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 932

More
hi

unable to download. have u deleted the app?
9th January 2018, 06:03 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Awesome. Thanks
9th January 2018, 06:10 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilesh Perera

hi

unable to download. have u deleted the app?

I moved it to labs, download from there
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quinny899 Ad-Free
9th January 2018, 06:17 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Pretty sweet!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
icon packs, launcher, mods, pixel, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)